Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Gear Covers...

Originally posted by Bartz!
If I run my R2 without the clear gear covers do I need to put some kind of spacers between the front and back aluminum bulkheads and the upper deck to make up the space. It seems llike my steering is going to bind otherwise.
Thanks For The Help!

Andrew.

Hi Andrew

what you might have to do is 1 of 2 things...
a) file down the tops of the steering posts.....
or
b) cut a section out of the diff covers that mounts between the upper deck and the bulk heads to use as a spacer..

I myself just file down the posts about 1mm

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Andrew, I think Steve drilled out his upper deck to allow the steering posts to go through
Old 04-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Andrew, I think Steve drilled out his upper deck to allow the steering posts to go through
You can do this also....or you can just mill a small ammount off the upper chassis too There is no right or wrong way to do this..It's a matter of choise

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Aluminum C Hubs

Anybody know if aluminum C-Hubs for the R1 will fit the R2? I was looking at these on RC Model Square Hubs

I'm racing my R2 for the first time tomorrow night at Trackside, I can't wait to get it on the track!

-Andrew
Old 04-14-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Aluminum C Hubs

Anybody know if aluminum C-Hubs for the R1 will fit the R2? I was looking at these on RC Model Square Hubs

-Andrew
Yes, they will fit.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I see a lot of talk out here about all of the cool things you can get for this car. Are any of you actually racing it? Is it good on carpet with foams? I look at a lot of the over seas races and I do not see anyone running this car. The car and all of the hop ups are killer, but does it perform? Also, are their a lot of modifications needed to be done right out of the box?

Dave,

Did you get with Tres yet about a face plate? I got the bill.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

If you want some race results then check the other barracuda thread, I race my car completely stock except for fitting a normal diff up front and got my best result ever lasy night, 3rd A final qualified and finished 2nd thats my 4th night of using the R2 cuda and my best in 8months of using my RC Lab was qualified 4th, finished 6th or qualified 5th and finished 4th but that was when one or two of the faster guys had problems, I would normaly average 6th place. As for racing on carpet with foams I have no idea, I would suspect you'd want to change the rear toe in but I don't see why it wouldn't do very well, you would also probably want sway bars and some stiff springs.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RBLove
I see a lot of talk out here about all of the cool things you can get for this car. Are any of you actually racing it? Is it good on carpet with foams? I look at a lot of the over seas races and I do not see anyone running this car. The car and all of the hop ups are killer, but does it perform? Also, are their a lot of modifications needed to be done right out of the box?

Dave,

Did you get with Tres yet about a face plate? I got the bill.
Hi Rob ..as far as this car being raced over seas..?? What Overseas areas are you talking about..? .In Japan this car has as much backing as the EVOIII...and was last years JMRCA Champion Cahssis( it was the R1 too )

as far as getting with Tres yet..no I haven't...I'll PM him tonight OK

Thanks

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Aluminum C Hubs

I'm racing my R2 for the first time tomorrow night at Trackside, I can't wait to get it on the track!

-Andrew
Yes and Yes... Talk with Macky.. or look at His Pic's of His Blue R2 he has them up front...

BUt you might want to wait ...because Steve at SpeedTech Just got some Xenon Alloy hubs and such in today !!
He should post some pic's up in a day and I would think that they are priced better than Square's ones.??

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

I guess not Japan races I just do not see anyone running this car. I am waiting on the new Yok, but am looking at this car too. I guess I am a little leary....... I "ONLY" race carpet with foams. I also do not want to buy a $300.00 car and need $300.00 in hop ups to make it work. Is it dialed right out of the box? Any mods needed to be done when building????

Thanks Dave!

Tell Tres I am buying. He is doing one for me right now as well.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

I guess not Japan races I just do not see anyone running this car. I am waiting on the new Yok, but am looking at this car too. I guess I am a little leary....... I "ONLY" race carpet with foams. I also do not want to buy a $300.00 car and need $300.00 in hop ups to make it work. Is it dialed right out of the box? Any mods needed to be done when building????

Thanks Dave!

Tell Tres I am buying. He is doing one for me right now as well.
Hello again Rob,

Well as far as the R2 goes.... you really only need one thing for it...that would be the PAL drive system..other than that this Car is a Tank!!!!!!!!! ...Really strong!!... well set up for carpet.. just ask some of the guys ..they will tell you

OK then on the Face plate.. I just have to find his Threas=d and his e-mail again

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

[email protected] I think....

Pal drive system. How much does that Johnny cost???
Old 04-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

RBLove,

I'm not sure if I read your post correctly, but in recent issues of RC Magazine (japan) and RC world, the R2 is one of the most popular cars in Japan, I see pictures of it everywhere in the race reports If I read your post wrong, I'm sorry

Steve Wang
Old 04-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

The Speed Tech R/C site was updated with the latest Barracuda R2 hop-ups including the PAL drive system.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Old 04-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

[email protected] I think....

Thanks Rob... I e-mailed him

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.