Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 11:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by TC3
do the yokomo shockpistons fit the barracuda shocks?
I believe they will, with no modification.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Speedtech R2

Steve - I think I was just about the only person running a 1 way at the race sunday, everyone had switched to a diff or spool. Last time I tried a spool, I was about 1/2 seconds a lap slower than I am with a 1 way, I never use the brakes (although it was a little hard not using brakes with the mod motor) but I did notice that I had more cornerspeed than everyone in my class, I had no problem catching back up to the pack after a bad start...
Alex Nevarette that won the Pro Mod sedan class was running a one-way in his barracuda R2. I tried the one-way early on when I got to the track, and it just didn't work (mainly because there was quite a bit of ash and dust on the track) I felt like I need the security of being able to slam on the brakes if necessary, which is why I opt for the spool. As the day went on, especially mid day, the track actually looked really good as far as traction, and it looked promising for the one-way again, but I didn't want to guess on a setup and go out there and have the car all wrong, so I stuck with the spool.

Glad to finally meet you in person, and hope everything is safe where you are

Steve Wang
Old 10-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Steve, any updates on the speedtech r2 you're putting together? Need a new car and am anxious!
AWOLSoldier,

I'm working on that as we speak, if you like, here are the specs for it:

*Standard Barracuda R2 kit
*Xenon Stage 2 conversion (with 3mm lower deck chassis, two piece upper deck, and Xenon drive system)
* Alloy shaft holders front and rear
* Aluminum hex hubs.

And it will be offered at a price lower than if you purchase the parts individually.

Steve Wang
Old 10-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
AWOLSoldier,

*Xenon Stage 2 conversion (with 3mm lower deck chassis, two piece upper deck, and Xenon drive system)
* Aluminum hex hubs.

And it will be offered at a price lower than if you purchase the parts individually.

Steve Wang
Some titanium might be nice on there Steve looks good though. Quck change shock mounts are just a very helpful thing though
Although you're probably working to a sensible price limit, which is a good idea
Old 10-28-2003, 12:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Alex Nevarette that won the Pro Mod sedan class was running a one-way in his barracuda R2. I tried the one-way early on when I got to the track, and it just didn't work (mainly because there was quite a bit of ash and dust on the track) I felt like I need the security of being able to slam on the brakes if necessary, which is why I opt for the spool. As the day went on, especially mid day, the track actually looked really good as far as traction, and it looked promising for the one-way again, but I didn't want to guess on a setup and go out there and have the car all wrong, so I stuck with the spool.

Glad to finally meet you in person, and hope everything is safe where you are

Steve Wang
Alex was definately fast Sunday, very impressive. I was able to run the 1 way early in the morning even with all of the ash, and it still felt fine to me.

We went out to Fox Sports bar after the races, and one of the guys we were with may have convinced me to try the SD again, but with an aftermarket chassis. I may be ordering the car from you before long, but not 100% sure if I want to go back to it, I'll talk to him later this week and let you know.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Alex was definately fast Sunday, very impressive. I was able to run the 1 way early in the morning even with all of the ash, and it still felt fine to me.

We went out to Fox Sports bar after the races, and one of the guys we were with may have convinced me to try the SD again, but with an aftermarket chassis. I may be ordering the car from you before long, but not 100% sure if I want to go back to it, I'll talk to him later this week and let you know.
Could "one of the guys" be Toso? If you're going to get back into either a SD or a Cuda...let me know, I'll hook you up.

Steve Wang
Old 10-28-2003, 12:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Could "one of the guys" be Toso? If you're going to get back into either a SD or a Cuda...let me know, I'll hook you up.

Steve Wang
You guessed right I'll be getting either a SD, or R3, but before I jump into a SD (which I really didn't like that much) I am gonna talk to Chris a little more and ask a couple more Q's about the car...
Old 10-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wonder what car he'll be trying next? just picking on ya Rand
Old 10-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Going back to the Brokomo
Have you even rebuilt the Cuda yet? Or is that what you used at the Lexus/Toyota race?

I know I was glad I had the Cuda's strength yesterday, half spun the car at one point and got hit kind of fast right on a wheel, would of snapped an a-arm on a lot of cars, and could hear people wince, I was even worried. Cuda just kept on going though
Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

You guessed right I'll be getting either a SD, or R3, but before I jump into a SD (which I really didn't like that much) I am gonna talk to Chris a little more and ask a couple more Q's about the car...
What Q's?
Where do I get spare parts?
How long does it take to replace them?
How much of my monthly budget should I set aside for them?

hehe, gotta have a laugh about it
Old 10-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

last night i've started assembling the shocks that was included with the R2

if i recall is everyone using HPI pistons. what is the pistion size?

are you all drilling the holes larger on the stock piston peices?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
What Q's?
Where do I get spare parts?
How long does it take to replace them?
How much of my monthly budget should I set aside for them?

hehe, gotta have a laugh about it
I don't know much on the SD but I do see people breaking parts on them. On my MR4TC Pro I rarely broke parts. I bet I finished 97% of all my races with it in the past 3 years. It was a durable, reliable car...I made it pretty fast and won many races with it. Now I have a better car.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Regional Moderator

AWOLSoldier,

* Aluminum hex hubs.

Steve Wang

Steve.....Are you going to offer these in the basic colors or just in the blue? And i think you will have many orders for this kit as it will be a sweet package for racers ! A kit where no hop-ups are needed sweeeeeeet!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by racer
last night i've started assembling the shocks that was included with the R2

if i recall is everyone using HPI pistons. what is the pistion size?

are you all drilling the holes larger on the stock piston peices?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
hpi #2 or drill the hole if im not mistaken to 1.2 or 1.5 ??? dont recall right off the top of my head
Old 10-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

alright, Thanks KO Racer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.