Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
ive never worked on woven graphite b4, the filing n the glue part seem hard... n the other supplemental parts too on the website seem hard
Here are some tips:
1. Get a good respirator to use when sanding your CF parts. Check this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=22820

2. Use 400 or 600 sandpaper to round off the sharp edges.

3. Use a new flat file for the battery slots. CF will wear it out fast, so don't buy anything fancy.

4. Use fast CA (the watery kind) to seal the chassis. Make sure you wash and dry off the chassis first. Remember to do this in a well ventilated area.

5. Lightly sand the edges of the driveshaft so they go into aluminum caps without binding. Apply a drop of CA to the flat spot where the set screw lands.

Above all, take your time and read through the directions and look at the diagrams carefully.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

So the stock hubs are durable rite?

is this a good deal?
The stock arms/hubs/carriers are made of nylon and are slightly flexible. The new hard option parts are made of composite graphite which makes them more brittle as well as hard. So the graphite ones are easier to break. The stock ones should hold up better in crashes. Aluminum will bend on hard crashes.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

You should strugle to break the stock items thats for sure Although with Randman and JDM around never say never
Some good results though Randman
Old 08-18-2003, 02:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: one more

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
nope sorry...I painted that body for a Japanese buddy..

but it`s not that hard to do another later..about 2 days work tops..
-Dave
Like I said, just let me know when you start painting bodies, I'll get some done by you for sure Dave
Old 08-18-2003, 02:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: WEB'S FIRST RACE...

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Brought out the Web Special on it's first race on Sunday.
the car is awesome.... and lot's of oohsss and awes... from fellow racers...

Practice session was a dissaster... broke a couple of hardened C-hubs and steering knuckles... those boards keep getting in my way. but did not break any of the stock arms... yet to mount the hardened arms this week. I luckily purchased the aluminum hubs/knuckles from JustRC...they held up the rest of the day. They felt more free than the harden or stock versions.

My swaybars and springs set hasn't arrived yet...had to make do with the stock and Yok springs. 1st qualifier sucked... had the wrong tires on and rear was too loose. Managed to get a good setup for the second qualifier and the car was on rails. Fast on the straights and cornered extremely well. Handling was great.. better than my former SD.

Ran the car in both Stock and mod.... in Mod I ended up stripping the spur gear completely... I guess that's when the PAL system comes into play....and another reason for the gear stripping was that the motor mount screws were loose. I guess I'll keep to stock racing for now....

Manage to qualify 7th in stock out of 50 and 6th in mod.
In stock... I raced conservatively...didn't want to break the car. Finished 5th. In Mod....I DNF... Never go to the line without soldering your wires to the motor and cells. that ended my day.

Once I get my springs,swaybars..and other stuff... this car is going to get better and better and better...
I knew you'd love the car. Dont worry, you wont have that gear problem for much longer
Old 08-18-2003, 02:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

So the stock hubs are durable rite?

is this a good deal?
The stock stuff has held up fine for me since day 1, but those Jet knuckles, hubs, and castor blocks should hold up even better
Old 08-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randman
The stock stuff has held up fine for me since day 1, but those Jet knuckles, hubs, and castor blocks should hold up even better

are those better than the xenon?
Old 08-18-2003, 03:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

are those better than the xenon?
It's all aluminum, so you propably wont break anything, but Xenon is propably the best quality you can get...
Old 08-18-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Headbanger
Aluminum will bend on hard crashes.
Doubt it...not with the Alloy that Square or Xenon uses

I have been in some serious crashes and I have yet to bend or break anything.. front these two companies..
-Dave
Old 08-18-2003, 06:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I've never bent an aluminum part since I started racing, so I think you'd be fine with jet hobby, square, or xenon...
Old 08-18-2003, 07:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just found something for those of you who want the web style layout, but dont want to spend the cash on a web special, or the new PAL conversion.

It's on Alex Japan's site
Old 08-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: WEB'S FIRST RACE...

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Brought out the Web Special on it's first race on Sunday.
the car is awesome.... and lot's of oohsss and awes... from fellow racers...

Practice session was a dissaster... broke a couple of hardened C-hubs and steering knuckles... those boards keep getting in my way. but did not break any of the stock arms... yet to mount the hardened arms this week. I luckily purchased the aluminum hubs/knuckles from JustRC...they held up the rest of the day. They felt more free than the harden or stock versions.

My swaybars and springs set hasn't arrived yet...had to make do with the stock and Yok springs. 1st qualifier sucked... had the wrong tires on and rear was too loose. Managed to get a good setup for the second qualifier and the car was on rails. Fast on the straights and cornered extremely well. Handling was great.. better than my former SD.

Ran the car in both Stock and mod.... in Mod I ended up stripping the spur gear completely... I guess that's when the PAL system comes into play....and another reason for the gear stripping was that the motor mount screws were loose. I guess I'll keep to stock racing for now....

Manage to qualify 7th in stock out of 50 and 6th in mod.
In stock... I raced conservatively...didn't want to break the car. Finished 5th. In Mod....I DNF... Never go to the line without soldering your wires to the motor and cells. that ended my day.

Once I get my springs,swaybars..and other stuff... this car is going to get better and better and better...
Where did you run?? My cudas first race was at speedworld 2 months ago I had same problems with stering brakeage in practice
Old 08-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

how do we prevent the breakage? any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Hey Randman I have a quick question for you, I checked out the motor sight you have on your signatue.

Can you tell me a little more about them and a good choice for running stock.

I have run Fantom based on P2K2, Reedy MVP & Trinity Revenge of the monster.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

how do we prevent the breakage? any suggestions?
Don't hit anything

Practice is a good thing, but remember you can only control your own car.

Oh yea try a BRP plastic bumber, its big and can be made to fit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.