Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushed or Brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Arrow Brushed or Brushless?

Please post your suggestion. Keep in mind, brushless motors will hurt the RC market as they are low maintence and they last forevever, well at least somewhat forever.

Futureal, if you could, please convert this thread to a poll.

edit - thought it might give me the poll option after I clicked "save changes" but it didn't. Proudwinner didn't post anything bad

Last edited by Speedo; 09-16-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Humm....

Should I worry about the clutter of RC brushed motor companies? Ones like Trinity, I could care less. Maybe if they were out promoting the RC industry with TV advertisment, but no, they do nothing but promote a race here and there. I hope they have been saving for the future, because the future is with BRUSHLESS.

There will just be a money shift, thats all, people will start to buy other RC products. Thats great, I always wanted to try a RC boat, or get better batteries to race, perhaps try a nitro, and maybe return to the racing scene. That is the biggest thing, some people may want to racing. RCers will continue to spend what they can.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brushless!

I agree with Nightbreed. I believe people will spend as much as they do now, just on other things. And, I think brushless motors will be good for people that want to begin racing(when BL motors become "legal" that is). you don`t have to worry about gettting the softest/fastest brushes, and there is just less things to worry about
Old 03-04-2003, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I agree brushless motors I feel will even out the playing field. No more trying to get the right brush/spring combo. Plus these motors with their included speed controls can change how much power they use or allow so you can run the same brushless motor in multiple classes with just a single change to the speedo. Plus they will last and last and last!!!!!

Later
Old 03-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

How long are we really talking here in motor life? Given 5-7 runs a weekend, how long will it last? A year? 2 years? Now we need small fuel cells so we could have non-stop 1 hours mains with the speed of 8t.

And Trinity losing money? Who cares. If they had been the racers friend instead of just making a buck off of them I might feel a little different.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

True Nightbreed, I never really thought about how the brushless motors would allow us to spend more money on other rc items, that is a good point and like CRASH stated, it will level out the playing field. Those are two good pros about brushless motors. I was just thinking on how big motor companys(ESP, Lightspeed, Axiom) would suffer from the low demand of motors. I'd hate to see these company's leave because of brushless motors.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Companies going the way of the dodo bird is the American way. If they can't find something else to succeed at once their products become obsolete that's just too bad. Bottom line is we are in this to have fun, not subsidize companies that sell products that are designed to wear out in a few uses.

Bring on brushless!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default brushless for sale!stack loads!

Salutations earthlings!
howdy guys!i have a bunch of Schulze 58CEs and LMT motors to go.
if you guys are interested ,pls PM me.
thanks for looking !
-FP

-58CE going for US$205
-LMT motors going for US$120
if purchased together,i'll give a further discount.
no shipping charges to anywhere!

pls note!these are previously owned units.... but due to the nature of brushless...... they are as good as new!!!
GURANTEED!brushless motors will bring down your practice costs dramatically. a one time investment and you can practice to your heart's content whilst your mates are busy in the pits, cooling down their brushed motors or comm-ing or other related stuff.YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ONDRIVING AND IMPROVING YOUR DRIVING with NO fear of overheating or gearing and such...
high initial investment....longer rewards! think about it!
Old 03-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

what kind of Lehner motors are you selling?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default brushless stuff for sale!!!

Salutations Earthlings!
have LMT 3100, 4200, 5300
can package with any of the schulze 58ce esc if you're interested.
please do let me know!
-FP
you can PM me for further enq.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Initiate

brushless motors last for a few years. but what about the controller's?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Brushed motors......I like working on my motors.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 PM
R/C Tech Founder

foampervert: This is not the place for selling. Please stop.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey guys, just got novaks brushless system. I must say that it is awesome! It accelerates like a modified motor on the stock profile, and lasts 2 minutes longer. Flat batteries will not effect the performance, it just keeps accelerating, until your battery finally dumps. I really think this will be the way of the future, but the only down side is the one time buy of about $250.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Check out the australian thread for Brushless talk. we have certainly been very active in the racing of these.

You want raw speed, get a 6 turn brushless and Comp speedy, rollout of 22mm and go for broke. You will have a smile on your face for about 6 mins.

Very true what a earlier post said. You can practice how ever long you want and not have to worry about your motor wearing out. The best thing I have ever spend money on.

Coxy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.