Brushed or Brushless?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushed or Brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

speedxl - Brushless motors were allowed at the tamiya race so I see no reason not to use it as an example. I don't have to realize anything at all, magazines don't run my life. There are always those who are scared and opposed to change, but I think legalizing BL of racing is for the good of the hobby and sooner it's done the better.

I agree to disagree....

fatdoggy.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

i agree to disagree! see we can agree! peace man i got to go race i need to set up my cars!
Old 09-19-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

speedxl - Good luck at the races.

P.S. - Don't forget the comm lathe.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I love it!
Old 09-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl
proud winner thanks for having some understanding that what a few my think as a benifit to them is not one to others you'll put a few companies out of buisness and the choice that you have of different manufactures will fall into the hands of 1 or 2 of the industry giants, we all like the idea of not having to rebuild motors
but in all retrospect its not the savior to r/c racing. i do see the lipoly batteries making their way to r/c before the brushless plus
i am sure that the brushed motors we have we some tweeking or different compounds of brushes will have no problem using them as power source. plus if we detuned them to run those batteries it might slow the cars down i think we are going to run into the same problems we had with modified pancars! if we dont slow them down!
That brings up a good subject-1/12th scale pancars, these brushless systems are huge for 1/12th scales not to mention the new mini's coming back-yokomo, Xray. I'm not trying to argue with anyone I'm just trying to talk tech.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by proudwinner
That brings up a good subject-1/12th scale pancars, these brushless systems are huge for 1/12th scales not to mention the new mini's coming back-yokomo, Xray. I'm not trying to argue with anyone I'm just trying to talk tech.
almost all car bl motors are 540 standard size BUT the esc are big the smallest one is the novak.
I think novak is aiming for a gt7 size for their next bl "pro" version system
Old 09-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just a couple of clarifications as I'm really not going to continue arguing.
Proud...are you referring to the "size" of brushless systems ?? If so , refer to an earlier comment I made about the new brushless system which is being marketed toward Micro drivers. Only guessing but if the 1/12 scales can't already take advantage of this, AND if the 1/12 really become popular....I would imagine a BL system wouldn't be far behind.
Regarding speedxl's comments.....NO ONE has suggested BL as a saviour for rc, Simply the next apparent and logical stepping stone for electric motors. As for the statement about 1 or 2 companies running everything.....the next time you comment that unless Trinity supports something it'll never happen....think about it !!!
Old 09-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

For the BL fans this is a pic of the upcoming car controller!
It was posted by Mr. constructor on the RCCA bl thread(started by the one only....me)
The white box represents the old master car controller
A big thank you to Mr. Constructor for this inside scoop!
brushed fan avert your eyes your not worthy!
Attached Thumbnails Brushed or Brushless?-new-jeti-esc-1-.jpg  
Old 09-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Evo, didn't see it. I know they will get smaller, I was just referring to a novak BL system as that thing has alotta wires and a dinosaur sized esc. Brushless is the future, I've seen them run and there's no doubt they will last longer, just wanted to see everyones opinions on what's gonna happen to all the motor matchers and esc companys. Sorry, I should have worded my inital post better.