Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

you sure jolly? when i had mine i put the chassis together and the holes lined up perfectly
Old 01-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

what i will do i`ll get bod69 (adrain) to offer them up to he`s AEv1.3

was up the shop playing with he`s conversion kit

i will do a bit more home work teacher
Old 01-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

The LCG bulkheads fit straight on a AE2005 (if you wanted too) and so does the rest of the car, the only factor you will have to consider is a revised steering system as this would hit the sides, you can not run the SSG or CGM system as the prop shaft is now in the way
Old 01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by adyb
The LCG bulkheads fit straight on a AE2005 (if you wanted too) and so does the rest of the car, the only factor you will have to consider is a revised steering system as this would hit the sides, you can not run the SSG or CGM system as the prop shaft is now in the way
you sure ady? thought the gearbox holes were offset front to rear but the alloy blocks are inline i think?! will have to drill new holes im sure.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

ta speedy! not really after a personal view though just a base idea! any idea where i can find some team sheets maybe? don't really wana guess and transfer my current setup over!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default AE2005

will talk to andy about dropping the sides down to acommadate the steering system of the LCG also this will give more flex to the chassis coz at the mo it is way to stiff
might get a LCG kit anyways so andy can take home & play with

with the bling bling blue gearboxes & revised steering setup might be the way to go

BUT

the split cells won`t work that close together coz the centre shaft will be 5 mm lower also the drive shaft`s won`t sit parralell when car sitting at 5mm ride height

work on it
Old 01-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I just finished reading the posts concering SS vs SSS shocks. What I understand is that SS shocks are usually used for the Rayspeed conversion or GP and that the most important thing to keep in mind is that your shocks need to be long enough to achieve the droop you are looking to achieve. My question now is, can I use the SS shocks from my Rayspeed with my SSG or would I have to use SSS shocks with the SSG? Will using longer shocks with a shock tower made for the SSS shocks affect performance? Just wondering 'cause I'm new to the Yokomo SD world and I just picked up a bunch of stuff.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

The only danger with the SS shocks is that you will limit your uptravel, stopping the car suspension from compressing fully. Depending on your setup/tyre diameter, this may not be a problem... no guarantee though...
Old 01-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

For a limited time only, our Speed Tech R/C MR-4TCSD spools are buy 1 get 1 Free!

Also, we didn't forget about the thicker chassis for the LCG, just have quite a few project ahead of it at the moment. Sorry for the delay.

Steve Wang
Old 01-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racingbod85
you sure ady? thought the gearbox holes were offset front to rear but the alloy blocks are inline i think?! will have to drill new holes im sure.

Ok, what I have found out from the Yokomo division of TeamJapan the World's conversion has the alloy gearbox half's with in-line holes, whereas the LCG conversion has the holes offset like the CGM gearboxes.
HTH
Old 01-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi

I am from the UK and have got a TC3 at the moment that I race indoors on carpet,,,,, I saw MR4-TC SD SSG Special Kit on Ebay and after abit of digging have found out they are discontinued now but some shops have still got them in.....

I was just wondering if these are still worth having (would it better than my TC3?) or should I wait and save the extra £120 for the L.C.G version?

I just really like the look of the SSG version and it wouldnt bother me if they have been discontinued if they are still a decent bit of kit and the parts will be available for a while to come..

Cheers
Stu
Old 01-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adyb
Ok, what I have found out from the Yokomo division of TeamJapan the World's conversion has the alloy gearbox half's with in-line holes, whereas the LCG conversion has the holes offset like the CGM gearboxes.
HTH
The pattern is the same but im not sure if the gearboxes are keyed into the chassis like the worlds kit. Maybe you can find out from Mark T if they are. If so the hole is enlarged to 4 or 5mm. Anyone from the UK want me to get a set from Japan i'll be getting some gear mid Feb so PM me!
Old 01-21-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Romping Donkey - the SSG is still a decent car (still running one myself), superior to a TC3 in terms of design and quality.

Parts supply will not be getting any better though.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
The pattern is the same but im not sure if the gearboxes are keyed into the chassis like the worlds kit. Maybe you can find out from Mark T if they are. If so the hole is enlarged to 4 or 5mm. Anyone from the UK want me to get a set from Japan i'll be getting some gear mid Feb so PM me!
if you mean by keyd in a little ring around the screw hole that goes into the chassis hole. then they do have them. i sold my lcg a few months ago and bought a cyclone, mainly because i found the lcg is terrible on carpet! but it is great outdoors
Old 01-21-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

What??????

the lcg kit has no key to the chassis but since the bulk head is one peice the inboard mounting holes are moved in. The worlds kit they are inline and the one peice bulkheads are keyed into the chassis. as far as switching from the LCG to a Cyclone for racing on carpet......tell me how that works........I believe that move was more horizontal than anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.