Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

there is the surikarn edition....but anyways they discontineued it?
Old 04-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Steve Wang posted it in his "whats new at speedtechrc" thread
Old 04-18-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

dark -- I was able to download it at another location. I have the latest acrobat reader but for some reason the document wasn't going directly to download on my Mac.

Anyway, I made a print out. This is a great way to assess a car in the early stages. My son and I were able to see some of the small details that hint at design thought, such as use of set screws, pins, location of this and that. Especially interesting because we have a TC3 so we can compare shaft drivetrain design. It looks like a nice car and we have pre-ordered one.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by davioh
there is the surikarn edition....but anyways they discontineued it?

Do you really want to spend $500.00 for that car.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Matt that is kinda shocking that Tamiya would stop making their car. Gotta help out the New Yok...lol The Now yok looks like a great car! How has testing been going with it? I see it did well at the LRP race.

The Tub Chassis car will be a popular one as well....any more info on it?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 04-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Mo broke an arm one week and he had no parts and the next week it rained so the testing is been kinda held up. It's supposed to be about 75 and sunny this saturday so Mo should be able to get some more track time with it. I'll hopefully have my own by next week. No more info on the tub car, last I heard was by mid-late summer. I was surprised as well when I heard that Tamiya was discontinuing the EVO3. I wonder if their team drivers will have to go back to the 414M2?
Old 04-18-2003, 12:20 PM
R/C Tech Founder

My understanding of the Evo III thing is that they are discontinuing the basic kit and will replace it with a newer kit that includes some of the necessary parts (like the carbon plate on the one-way) and other upgraded bits.

That isn't confirmed at all though. I know I'm ready to run the Yokomo.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

if that's the case then why couldn't they just do a running change on the existing kits kinda like AE did with the aluminum drive shaft and new A arms. Oh well, it just means people won't problems choosing between the SD and the EVO3 if there is no EVO3! It's perfect timing for Yokomo too since the SD is being released next week
Old 04-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Steve said over on the "Whats new at Speedtech" thread that Yok USA is expecting the kits next wednesday and will have them ready to ship to dealers by Thursday or Friday. So if they aren't getting the kits out to the shops until next Thursday or Friday, then chances are that most of us (who can't just walk into Speedtech and pick them up ) will be seeing the kits in early May.

At least it seems that things are starting to get moving along now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whats up with Tamiya on this EVOIII thing. They'll keep an unselling offroad buggy(I believe its "DynaStorm" or something like that) in production for ages, but wont keep producing a kit that apparently sells out as soon as a shipment comes in.

Then they plan to produce this new surikarn edition, that most mere mortals have no chance of affording....yeah, they'll sell a lot of those!

No doubt....Tamiya marches to the beat of their own.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sorry guy's ...we Tamiya drivers don't fade away that easily. The original intent was to make the EVO3 a limited edition car BUT.....it obviously sold well beyond what Tamiya thought it would do. Blame their hesitation on the success of the 414M2. There was some uncertainty as to whether the shaft drive car would be accepted considering the World Champ was a belt drive.
Tamiya dealers are being told that EVO3 production will continue as long as there is demand. Maybe the production numbers will change but thats just normal business. The Yoke may be a good car but it will still have to compete against the EVO3 or the EVO4(Hmmmmm).
As for the Surikarn version or any other unique Tamiya;it doesn't take much to notice that the collectible Tamiya market is doing quite well. Have you seen what a World Champ 414M2 is selling for ?? You can't argue cold, hard numbers. It's a Tamiya thing !!!
As for the Dynastorm.......I didn't say they were perfect !!

Last edited by Evoracer; 04-18-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evoracer
....... The Yoke may be a good car but it will still have to compete against the EVO3 or the EVO4(Hmmmmm)...........
It already did at the recent LRP TC Masters!!!! And from the results of its first time out, it kicked the EVO3's butt..a Surikarn version driven by Surikarn himself to boot
Old 04-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No arguing there!! The SD did well. Haven't seen one up close but I like what I see in pics. Keep in mind that even the Surikarn version is basically a new car. Some changes have been made.It's not just a few red parts. Good Luck to all you SD drivers. as close as all these cars are in performance potential, Driver ability is more important than ever. Thats a good thing !!!
Old 04-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

don't forget the guy driving the car only received his kit a day or two before the race.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Howard
don't forget the guy driving the car only received his kit a day or two before the race.
Matt,
And....you had to rub it in

Last edited by forty6; 04-18-2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.