Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

I have a ray speed chassis for sale and i have a warpspeed chassis that is made for carpet i want to sell them both... i'll take $80 for the rayspeed and $100 for the wardspeed. e-mail me for pics... Rayspeed has both shockers towers and top plate. E-mail [email protected] WARPSPEED IS BRAND NEW ONE RUN I GOT A CGM..
Old 02-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Cobra
I have a rayspeed and have just fitted some graphite gearboxs and now seem have some tweak. I see you said lve mounted the graphite gearboxs a bit too fast. what do you mean when you say that?
What do you do on a untweak session? Can you please help.

Thanks
Mark
Old 02-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randman - I was curious about what kind of mill you use and how much it was? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy one or not. You mind sharing that information?
Old 02-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Randman:

You got another PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My bro just got the CGM conversion kit and finally had the car all re-assembled....the kit looked nice but it felt heavy compared to my Pro4. I was very surprised that there was a bit of lateral flex. alot more than my Pro4 or R2.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Randman - I was curious about what kind of mill you use and how much it was? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy one or not. You mind sharing that information?
Harbor Freight Tools has a Micro Mill for under $300.00 should be good enough for RC parts, chassis, etc.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So I just purchased an SSG SD off of a fellow board member, and I'm now a little concerned that I should have read through this thread before doing so. Not that I wouldn't have purchased the car, but I would've known what's required to make the car really hook up.
I've been running TC3's a while, but had to take a break from racing when my wife took off nearly two years ago. When I found out that the electric onroad Nationals are being held locally this year, I decided this would be an oportune time to jump back in to racing. I sold my FT TC3 over a year ago, and decided that I should try something different, so I bought the SD SSG.
For the amount of aftermarket stuff I've read about in this thread, I'm a little concerned that I may have saved money by buying a new FT TC3 or a Losi XXX-S Graphite. How much of the stuff you guys are chatting about would be considered "necessary"? I'm usually a high A-main finisher at the local and regional level, and I've done this with box stock TC3's.
What are the problems encountered with the Yokomo? Are there easy fixes that don't require importing a ton of parts from Europe or Japan?
I'm sure that some of the answers lie in the 200+ pages here, but I don't have the patience to browse through all of them. Any help would be apprecieated. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Harbor Freight Tools has a Micro Mill for under $300.00 should be good enough for RC parts, chassis, etc.
Thanks for the info
Old 02-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
So I just purchased an SSG SD off of a fellow board member, and I'm now a little concerned that I should have read through this thread before doing so. Not that I wouldn't have purchased the car, but I would've known what's required to make the car really hook up.
I've been running TC3's a while, but had to take a break from racing when my wife took off nearly two years ago. When I found out that the electric onroad Nationals are being held locally this year, I decided this would be an oportune time to jump back in to racing. I sold my FT TC3 over a year ago, and decided that I should try something different, so I bought the SD SSG.
For the amount of aftermarket stuff I've read about in this thread, I'm a little concerned that I may have saved money by buying a new FT TC3 or a Losi XXX-S Graphite. How much of the stuff you guys are chatting about would be considered "necessary"? I'm usually a high A-main finisher at the local and regional level, and I've done this with box stock TC3's.
What are the problems encountered with the Yokomo? Are there easy fixes that don't require importing a ton of parts from Europe or Japan?
I'm sure that some of the answers lie in the 200+ pages here, but I don't have the patience to browse through all of them. Any help would be apprecieated. Thanks!
The YOKOMO SD is good out-da-box... imo... I've only added the CGM conversion and the Carbon main shaft... and its able to hold its own with the rest of them on the track.. stock bearings, platics parts and all...

and most parts can be acquired from SpeedTech R/C, whom of which I highly recommend..

all the ceramic nitride, snot-lubbed, diamond-ite hard coated, QQ-A and MIL-C precise parts are nice to have, but not necessarilly needed...

Old 02-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
The stock SSG car is perfectly fine for racing on asphalt. The only thing you'll need to get are an assortment of springs. Most of the stuff talked about here is just eye candy. Good luck and if you have any problems just ask!
Old 02-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mark turner
Hi Cobra
I have a rayspeed and have just fitted some graphite gearboxs and now seem have some tweak. I see you said lve mounted the graphite gearboxs a bit too fast. what do you mean when you say that?

Thanks
Mark
I meant that when I tightened the top deck, the chassis was fitted with tyres and not on a flat surface.

Just take the wheels out, put the chassis on a flat surface, push it on that surface while tightening the top deck.

It's basically the same for any double deck car...
Old 02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mark turner
I've got a little de-tweaking article on my website, it if helps at all... click me!

And to back up what's been said before, you don't need anything on the SD out of the box, all the parts are up to scratch. Most of the mods mentioned here are for the hell of it - in fact, it seems a lot of the third-party mods are poor quality anyway, and people go back to the kit pieces.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

for Sorcerer : yes the car is definately good out of the box. I run a SSG with a lot of modifications, but most of them are tips or DIY stuff, things that makes your life easier or the car handle better for free (except some time spent).

I'll have a review on the car on the net very soon with all the info I have gathered whether using my car or on the net.

I'll let you all know when it will be online.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I use a Sherline mill, from what I found, they are the best quality, I have a model 2010, I believe it was around $950.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info. I think that's a little more than I want to spend though. I'm still saving up for a girlfriend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.