Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Thanks dude! Question is, can I find one? Is it a complete kit or just a chassis and stuff?
I think Speedtech and KT Hobbies both had them at one time.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxkat
I tried using a Rayspeed chassis with LCG bulkheads and the stock LCG top deck
trying the same route since i busted my main chassis plate. But i'm trying to fit the entire drive train of the LCG on the Rayspeed... How did you get the steering to work? noticed that the servo mount is much farther back on the Rayspeed. could you post some pix?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
trying the same route since i busted my main chassis plate. But i'm trying to fit the entire drive train of the LCG on the Rayspeed... How did you get the steering to work? noticed that the servo mount is much farther back on the Rayspeed. could you post some pix?
I drilled new holes in the Rayspeed chassis (used the LCG chassis as a guide) The only solution (really the quickest and I did not want to cut the ear off another servo) is to use the old style associated servo mounts as a spacer, I still used the stock LCG servo mount. It did work, It is a solid mount. I also used the stock LCG top deck. I think if you can find a TKE top deck the flex problem would be solved. I think a misunderstanding on the root of the problem is it's not really the chassis it's the 2 piece top deck. Replace this and a great deal of the flex would be gone. The BD does have some flex in the chassis but no where near the amount of flex that the LCG has. I do think that with the TKE top deck and the Rayspeed chassis you would have a good carpet car.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I do think that with the TKE top deck and the Rayspeed chassis you would have a good carpet car.
the tke car has the motor mount moved up 5-6mm to give more space between the spur and the mount so that the top deck web between them could be beefy. it also had the bellcranks moved up and out for less ackermann. in short, you have to run the whole kramer conversion.

- freddy beauregard -
Old 08-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
the tke car has the motor mount moved up 5-6mm to give more space between the spur and the mount so that the top deck web between them could be beefy. it also had the bellcranks moved up and out for less ackermann. in short, you have to run the whole kramer conversion.

- freddy beauregard -
Whens the TKE Kyosho come out?

EA
Old 08-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That has to be why the TKE is getting so hard to find. Is it discontinued? Did Tommy switch?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i think kramer is still with yokomo. i did hear the rumor that he was looking but i don't think he went.

maybe bmi will continue where yokomo left off. the tke car is definitely the next level in shaft cars. not sure why there are so few.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Cool Interesting........

I read in one of the British mags a week or two ago that he is still running the yokomo, I also hear that there is a yokomo TKE car going to vegas this year.....could be good!

on that Schumacher pitspace site there is some pic's as well, look under the "Summer Sizzler" race section.

-Jeff Specoli-

as far as more info on the TKE car...contact yokomo

Last edited by chubbspeterson; 08-19-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I drilled new holes in the Rayspeed chassis (used the LCG chassis as a guide) The only solution (really the quickest and I did not want to cut the ear off another servo) is to use the old style associated servo mounts as a spacer, I still used the stock LCG servo mount. It did work, It is a solid mount. I also used the stock LCG top deck. I think if you can find a TKE top deck the flex problem would be solved. I think a misunderstanding on the root of the problem is it's not really the chassis it's the 2 piece top deck. Replace this and a great deal of the flex would be gone. The BD does have some flex in the chassis but no where near the amount of flex that the LCG has. I do think that with the TKE top deck and the Rayspeed chassis you would have a good carpet car.

Thanks for this! not really familiar with how the old style associated servo mount looks but so far i think i was able to to work the servo without having to add spacers. just used a futaba servo saver (the one with 3 holes) and mounted the servo arm to the hole closest to the steering plate. thanks for the help though! much appreciated. just wonder how the car will run now.

unfortunatly, there are no carpet races back here... all are on asphalt so i still need a bit of flex in the car (the rayspeed is considerably thicker than the lcg already).
Old 08-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default 4200 in stock sd

Hi guys i seem to be having trouble getting my 4200 cells into my stock sd chassis , i have thought of some BD battery holders but im not sure if it could be done
any help would be appreciated and if you have pictures that would also be a help
Old 08-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ATLAS COPCO
Hi guys i seem to be having trouble getting my 4200 cells into my stock sd chassis , i have thought of some BD battery holders but im not sure if it could be done
any help would be appreciated and if you have pictures that would also be a help
I got IB4200's in my SD fine, a really nice fit. Do your cells have an extra layer of shrink?
Old 08-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sosidge
I got IB4200's in my SD fine, a really nice fit. Do your cells have an extra layer of shrink?
Yes they do , i thought that may have been my problem
What do you think about the bd carriers
Old 08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

I think you would create yourself a huge amount of hassle to try and fit them with no real advantage.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sosidge
I think you would create yourself a huge amount of hassle to try and fit them with no real advantage.
Point taken thanks for your comments
Old 08-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ATLAS COPCO
Point taken thanks for your comments
Yo Simon se you got a pot yesterday you sandbagger
Malc TCCFM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.