Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
sit your front shocks down, and put your backs up a bit. i run 1 set softer springs in the front than the rear (black spring set) and i do not have any sway bars... the RC is set to the middle spot, i believe and i too have 6* caster blocks.

one quick question, the 5 hardness arms would be the most forgiving of the bunch correct? i'm running the supplied 35s that i was given with the car, though i have broken 4 so far this season..im looking for something to make it a bit more durable
i would go to the corally usa site and look at any one of brad johnsons foam setups they are very dialed on any traction level and yes the 5 arms will give you more steering they are not too soft that is all brad ran with the first phi
Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goop
i would go to the corally usa site and look at any one of brad johnsons foam setups they are very dialed on any traction level and yes the 5 arms will give you more steering they are not too soft that is all brad ran with the first phi
can i compare his foam/carpet set-ups to my running on rubber/asphault? the past weekend i had the fastest car on the track by about half a second, but i had a arm break on me, along with an aluminum knuckle

another question, how much do roll bars make a difference? i have been running without them, and the car is very good, very predictable. though a lot of people at my track have them. it is a very large track, with a fast right hand sweeper at the end of a long straight away.

btw, im the only phi at my track, everyone else runs cyclones and xrays. it feels good to be fast with the odd ball car. its funny when they ask what im driving, they usually have a suprised expression
Old 10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I forgot to mention this was for medium traction asphalt and rubber tires. Sorex 36's seem to be about the best. I am running the 80 arms all around.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I forgot to mention this was for medium traction asphalt and rubber tires. Sorex 36's seem to be about the best. I am running the 80 arms all around.
look at brad johnsons reedy race setup
Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

look at brad johnsons reedy race setup
sorry look at tj bradleys reedy race setup
www.corallyusa.com
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sorry look at tj bradleys reedy race setup
www.corallyusa.com
I'm not too far off then, I had to run the lower suspension mounts in the down position to get some roll into the car. Perhaps I went too far though, I know the tamiya track and I am sure the Reedy race had superior traction so I can see why he used the settings he used.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Phi '08 - Front belt flipping over

Guys,

Just today, the front belt on my '08 Phi flipped over so the teeth are facing up.

Fixed it & tightened the belt a little... then happened a further 2 times

What could be causing this to happen
Have never seen this happen on any of my cars before.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks Alan
Old 10-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Once the front belt flips over the pulley once they stretch, and seem to do it more and more. you can try and adjust the tension a bit, but a new front belt will cure the problem
Old 10-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MAD916
Once the front belt flips over the pulley once they stretch, and seem to do it more and more. you can try and adjust the tension a bit, but a new front belt will cure the problem
Thanks .. have increased tensions, didn't really help ... so agree new belt seems only option
Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mazmo
Thanks .. have increased tensions, didn't really help ... so agree new belt seems only option
Ditto! Same experience here. New belt is the trick!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mazmo
OR
instead of running the belt under the tensioner ,
lift the belt to on top of the tensioner ,
that worked for me
Old 10-31-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by revsinc
OR
instead of running the belt under the tensioner ,
lift the belt to on top of the tensioner ,
that worked for me
Ok thanks ... I give it a go
Old 10-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

i just received the specialized RC lipo tray in the mail, my question is...how the hell do i mount this thing?! O_O

edit: nevermind, figured it out
Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

new question...the blocks that hold the shaft and a-arm on- what does the dot indicate? mine are on the higher end. i noticed that on some set up sheets they are up and down. i dont know what thye do though
Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
new question...the blocks that hold the shaft and a-arm on- what does the dot indicate? mine are on the higher end. i noticed that on some set up sheets they are up and down. i dont know what thye do though
The lipo tray you mount at an angle. There are two holes in the tray off center, that is where you screw it to the main deck. First put the battery bar on the lipo tray though in the center mounted holes. Let me know if you need more help with this.
The blocks you are talking about with the inserts... the dots indicate position of the height. if both are down or both up you will raise or lower the A-arm height. This will affect the roll center. If only one is up and the other down this will give kick-up or anti-dive. Check the PHI manual, it explains the effects of all the combinations.

Caio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.