Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

and a link to your set would be nice
Old 11-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mazmo
Guys, have a handling problem with my Phi & would appreciate your advice.

Main issues are:
1) Major oversteer - middle of fast corners (on & off throttle).
2) Poor stability with quick direction changes - again oversteering.

Have tried various combinations, but just can't seem to get rid of the oversteer

Have attached pdf of my latest set up, would appreciate any guidance

Cheers

Alan
Alan,

Here is my current setup, it's very good for mod and absolutely amazing with 9.5 super stock.........

for extra stability you can use more neutral ackerman, or 190mm front width........

http://www.salvadoriracing.com.br/Ce...roundmod08.xls
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

I recently, purchased a corally rdx phi and it came with a cefx chassis plus the stock one, can someone tell me the pros and cons of the cefx chassis.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

CEFX will be REALLLLY stiff compared to the stock one. If your running on really hight traction with foams it probably would be pretty good. Probably won't tweak as easy either. Other than that I'd think the stock one would be the best.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Team Corally RDX Phi-lrfri-simonnicholsonaction.jpg

Simon Nicholsons RCS 08 Worlds Setup

RDX Phi Setup Sheet NICHOLSON 08 Worldspdf.pdf

The week after returning to Australia from the worlds Simon also won the 08 Nationals too.

Back to Back '07 & '08 Champions Simon & Corally PHI

RDX Phi Setup Sheet NICHOLSON 08 Nats.pdf

Both setups are Rubber Asphalt.

Regards
Ari

Last edited by OLD 69; 12-01-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Ari do you know if the new phi kits come with the 08 diffs or do you have to buy them separate?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Ari do you know if the new phi kits come with the 08 diffs or do you have to buy them separate?
Yes the kits that i have in stock now come with the 08 Diffs.

...Ari
Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Updates

So i have been out of the touring scene for almost a year now (indoor champs 07). I got a PHI that year and it looks like plenty of updates have been made to the car. Besides the lipo tray and diffs, are there any new options that people are running on a consistent basis? chassis, steering knuckles, cvd's, rollcenter? If anyone could provide some input on what changes have been made, id appreciate it.

Thanks
-Dan H
Old 12-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dhartman03
So i have been out of the touring scene for almost a year now (indoor champs 07). I got a PHI that year and it looks like plenty of updates have been made to the car. Besides the lipo tray and diffs, are there any new options that people are running on a consistent basis? chassis, steering knuckles, cvd's, rollcenter? If anyone could provide some input on what changes have been made, id appreciate it.

Thanks
-Dan H
I think the must have are the new diff and shock bladders from CorallyUSA.......

other than those pars I run pretty much a stock chassi, I race rubber asphalt and I made an own desing steel spool with direct drive to the dogbone pin..........

You also may want a shock springs set for fine tuning..........

that's it.....
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dhartman03

Thanks
-Dan H

YO Danny!!!! the car hasnt changed much I had the lipo tray and the new diffs in the car at the indoor champs and other than that it was normal. I also did put it on the specilized chassis due to the fact that my car was sitting on a heat register for 6 months and didnt really do wonders for the chassis..lol set-up has changed though since going to brushless. 13.5 at a national level is like mod so you will get alot of the front roll out of the car.
I'll get my set up over to Robbie to get on the site. my car was pretty rediculous by the main. just had traffic issues...I needed a bigger horn!!!
MO
Old 12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Mo- Good to see you found your way out of the dirt! LOL

Great run at the Champs for such a long layoff from TC.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone set up the RDX PHI for T/A racing? I'd be interested in how your car works.

Seems to fit the bodies, You need to move the arms forward, Not super-short but short. The tires dont really hook up all that well so set up will be the key difference between plowing like a dump truck and snap oversteer.

I'll pay around with mine and post my findings.

Mike
Old 12-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Features
Has anyone set up the RDX PHI for T/A racing? I'd be interested in how your car works.

Seems to fit the bodies, You need to move the arms forward, Not super-short but short. The tires dont really hook up all that well so set up will be the key difference between plowing like a dump truck and snap oversteer.

I'll pay around with mine and post my findings.

Mike
Chuck ask samtheman... he runs the Phi in TA at Mimis..
Old 12-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you accidentally mixed all your rdx black springs in your kit up, how do you tell them apart? I purchased the spring kit used and am clueless =/
Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You have to count the number of coils on the spring. Less coils=stiffer spring. I don't have the box handy but if you find a picture of the spring kit it will tell you how many coils equals what stiffness spring. I can post that information for you tonight, but i'll bet that someone else will post that info before I can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.