What Radio would you prefer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Radio would you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

I see, thank you for the kind responses. I wanted an M8 but now i just want to get a controller that feels good and has a lot features like the M8 How about the JR R-1? Anyone have any opinions about that?
Old 02-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

buy a hitech 3d or an m-8
Old 02-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You don't like the feel of the M8?!?! The R1 is good too, though.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NeO-pRo-3
Yes i was reffering to cole, but now it's over. I am getting an M8, but the whole point of this thread was to see everyone' opinion on the controller I posted, because my friend has a 3pk and the other is getting a 3pj. So the reason is that we want to see which one is better and if it was worth getting it, or it it was just waste of $$200+! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding! and KO, i didnt reffered to you. I reffered to cole because of what he posted.
Sorry, if I offended you - it wasnt my intention.

Probably my point wasn't clear enough: What I meant was that sometimes people tends to buy the most expensive systems they can find, because it got a good reputation.

I think it's a better way to find out what the needs are. Often - and espicially with radios - this is much cheaper.

I'm the kind of person, that want to get the most for my money. Others just wants the most whistles and bells, regardless of price.

Back to subject.

The grip test is important. A TX should feels nicely in your hand.

If money dont matter, the top-end radios like KO Mars and the M8 seems to be some of the best.

Some more budget friendly options, are mid range radios (cheapest FM radios from Futaba, KO, JR etc.).

At my opinion the 3PDF and KO Presto are really nice. More features than most people need, for a more reasonably price.

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 02-23-2003 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NeO-pRo-3
I see, thank you for the kind responses. I wanted an M8 but now i just want to get a controller that feels good and has a lot features like the M8 How about the JR R-1? Anyone have any opinions about that?
Well, JR R-1 is in class with Mars and M8. So it's mainly about feel, look, the way of use and small differences.

However, the latest edition of the Mars have very fast response time. As far as I know, it's the only one with this feature.

Features I like in a radio and also why:

* Good grip. Should feels nice, also in the long run.
* Throttle with 30% for brake and 70% for speed. Gives better control of speed.
* User friendly. It's the easiest, if the manual only have to be read once.
* End point adjustment. Also called travel and EPA. Prevents steering wheels from locking up because of getting too close to things like shocks. EPA can sometimes be used to trim the feel of the throttle, like getting a more punchy feeling.
* Exponential. Also called curve. Adjust the feel of throttle and steering. Can make the throttle-feel more or less punchy. Or be used as traction crontrol. Can also be nice, if the steering servo are too fast. Cant really make a servo faster, but can give it a little more agressive feel.
* Memory. Good for use with several models.
* ABS. Antilock Brake System. Can come in handy on slippery surfaces or in conjunction with a one-way.

Features like timers, well, I think they are too hard to use, while concentrated on driving...

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 02-24-2003 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

hitec, well there old stuff anyway that was well made, brushed aluminium and all that.

my personal experience with KO is not that good, they're predominantly plastic, which I hate.

sanj
Old 02-24-2003, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just curious....have any of you tried the Multiplex Profi radios !! They are very comfortable, easy to use, the screen is right on top of the case and as for speed.....they already had high speed circuitry over a year ago. Now Multiplex is a associated with Hitec so the marketing should become better. If you've never seen or tried one....you really should.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default What Radio would you prefer?

Have you had a 3PK in your hands. Nice soild feel, maybe a little heavier than what most people are used to and VERY comfortable. Probably the most comfy Radio I've ever held in my hands.
No, I don't own one (Yet).
Old 02-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Regional Moderator

the only thing about the JR R-1 is its heavy and a full day of racing you have got a work out .

i have had the R-1 , futaba, and the ko the main thing is as mentioned the grip test .ask some guys at the track to see how the different ones feel and make your choice form there
Old 02-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah!!! just walk up and say "hey buddy can I hold your equiptment in my hands for a little bit???".........lol
Old 02-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone having glitching problems with their M8 combined with the Novak Switch, like I am? I've got five cars with XXtra receivers, and at least two of them are glitching. I went back to my Lynx 3D Spectra and it's fine for now. Wishing I hadn't got rid of my KO's in the first place.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Yeah!!! just walk up and say "hey buddy can I hold your equiptment in my hands for a little bit???".........lol
LMAO
Old 02-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Did u ever try out the Futaba 3PDF, that radio is nice. It is petty cheap and has some good features. I say that the radio is well balanced and has a great grip. It may not have as much features as the M8 or other radio like the Futaba 3PK but who uses all of the features???? Just my opinion
Old 02-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default What Radio would you prefer?

"hey buddy can I hold your equiptment in my hands for a little bit???".
Just make sure it has knobs on it! Opps that doesn't work either!

In a "borrowed" 3PK, I find it more comfortable than the 3PDF that I use now. The balance is better too.
The synth module for the Lynx 3D will work in the 3PK and 3PJ(S) (know 2 people who are doing so) But the price for the new JR can't be beat.
Anyone have one yet (the JR) and does it come with the receiver?

Last edited by popsracer; 02-24-2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just switched from the Futaba 3PDF, to the 3PK. The 3PK is maybe a little heavier than some radios, but it's not bad at all. I think it's definately more comfortable than any other radio, especially with the dropped wheel. It's very, very easy to use. You can make any adjustment on it in about 4-5 seconds. Also, I think the HRS receiver is noticably faster. You can only use digital servos with it, but I think it's worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.