R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,853
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default ROAR to 4 cell....

Just heard that the EXCOM voted on ROAR going to 4 cell. Don't know how the vote came out yet but, how do you guys feel about the ROAR EXCOM taking upon themselves to make a decision on something of this magnitude WITHOUT consulting the membership?

http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cf...SiteMessages=3

I was always a bit put off on how the whole brushless thing happend.....and now this. I wonder if ROAR is truly reperesentative of what the membership wants......

Art
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

That's why we elect people to ROAR. They're the ones we put in there to make decisions like this. If every decision was given to the membership, nothing would get done. As it is every decision ROAR makes is met with dissent on the message boards. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: thomasville,nc
Posts: 518
Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak
Default

i'm just glad i'm no longer a memeber, and wont race another ROAR event...ever!
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,853
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml
That's why we elect people to ROAR. They're the ones we put in there to make decisions like this. If every decision was given to the membership, nothing would get done. As it is every decision ROAR makes is met with dissent on the message boards. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
Actually a quick poll of local racers shows that they are uniformly against it. The quote was "just another reason to race gas". There were some other comments but they are best left unsaid in public so the same could be said to those whom support 4 cell.Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml
That's why we elect people to ROAR. They're the ones we put in there to make decisions like this. If every decision was given to the membership, nothing would get done. As it is every decision ROAR makes is met with dissent on the message boards. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
OF COURSE NOT EVERYONE, that's a moot point. But enough...
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
DENNIS STORTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Horsham
Posts: 2,400
Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI
Default

well with races like IIC,SNOWBIRDS we wont need roar anymore an ill be glad to join the [email protected]#$ ROAR BANDWAGON IF IT PASSES THATS MY OPINION

LIKE IT OR DONT EITHER WAY I STATED IT
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml
That's why we elect people to ROAR. They're the ones we put in there to make decisions like this. If every decision was given to the membership, nothing would get done. As it is every decision ROAR makes is met with dissent on the message boards. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
same as BRCA in the UK
got whoever on the board they get the job done (to a degree) but they do ask members to travel from far away places to the AGM to pass or fail certain things
thing is many want online voting .coz the MAJORITY don`t get to the AGM to vote on things,But the Majority who can be bothered to turn up vote on the racers behalf (And this is where it goes pear shape)
so you got BRCA saying turn up then you can have your vote
you got the racers saying ,can`t afford to travel that far to cast a vote

there`s no middle ground to apease both side`s
so we get the Dissent & moaning on the boards or trackside from both sides ;;blaming each other & not pulling in the right direction & playing the same game

Disclaimer
Don`t split hairs with my post ,it`s just board talk , so we can `ALL` learn something for next time
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

why are ROAR going 4 cell when europe & the rest are 5 cell ??
go in the same direction ,this does nothing for the future & new racers to come in
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 11-23-2006 at 10:35 AM.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #9
Tech Adept
 
pookat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: u.k.
Posts: 112
Default

So when do you guys hear the result?
pookat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:22 AM   #10
Tech Adept
 
pookat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: u.k.
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
same as BRCA in the UK
got whoever on the board they get the job done (to a degree) but they do ask members to travel from far away places to the AGM to pass or fail certain things
thing is many want online voting .coz the MAJORITY don`t get to the AGM to vote on things,But the Majority who can be bothered to turn up vote on the racers behalf (And this is where it goes pear shape)
so you got BRCA saying turn up then you can have your vote
you got the racers saying ,can`t afford to travel that far to cast a vote

there`s no middle ground to apease both side`s
so we get the Dissent & moaning on the boards or trackside from both sides ;;blaming each other & not pulling in the right direction & playing the same game

Disclaimer
Don`t split hairs with my post ,it`s just board talk , so we can `ALL` learn something for next time
Colin I don't intend to split any hairs, but there is a simple reason that you have to attend the AGM to get a vote, it's in the constitution; it will be until somebody proposes an amendment to it.

Obviously I don't understand what the relationship between EXCOM, ROAR and the membership is, but I would imagine their voting procedure is in line with thier own constitution as well.
pookat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #11
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
Just heard that the EXCOM voted on ROAR going to 4 cell. Don't know how the vote came out yet but, how do you guys feel about the ROAR EXCOM taking upon themselves to make a decision on something of this magnitude WITHOUT consulting the membership?

http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cf...SiteMessages=3

I was always a bit put off on how the whole brushless thing happend.....and now this. I wonder if ROAR is truly reperesentative of what the membership wants......

Art
Well ROAR doesnt exist without its members so it should be to its members to decided what they want. I think a vote among the members should be the key( not the few people in EXCOMM). If you dont like it boycott ROAR.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #12
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Maybe it is a ruse, a way for Roar when they do decide to allow lipo's to not meet alot of resistance from racers. If we are racing 4 cells then they add a lipo class racers would go out and buy them without a complaint because they get to go faster again. Or maybe they are going to or already have voted against it.
Regardless, this hobby changes. Different motors, batteries, frequencies, etcetera. I highly doubt the most known approval body in the US would purposely do something to endanger the hobby for the future. It would be self destructive for them.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:34 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

constitution
only works well if Every one can get there or have the opportunity to cast there vote

but you still have the 2 parties blaming each other for the probs that occur

Disclamer
not going to say any more coz it well get heavey & seriuos ,then i`ll be lost
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #14
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian
Maybe it is a ruse, a way for Roar when they do decide to allow lipo's to not meet alot of resistance from racers. If we are racing 4 cells then they add a lipo class racers would go out and buy them without a complaint because they get to go faster again. Or maybe they are going to or already have voted against it.
Regardless, this hobby changes. Different motors, batteries, frequencies, etcetera. I highly doubt the most known approval body in the US would purposely do something to endanger the hobby for the future. It would be self destructive for them.
Does EXcomm vote and the ROAR pres does the final apporval?? Contact the ROAR pres and voice your opinion,if the pres has no input on the matter ,why do we elect one??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

i think the result of this vote all roar events will be slow its going to be a factory thing from now on ROAR if you are listening you are breaking tradition and its a stupid thing to do .
__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5 cell Stock for the ROAR Onroad Nat's? C_O_jones Electric On-Road 75 06-21-2007 07:38 PM
F/S: Glow plug igniter, gel cell charger, gel cell, camber guage and car stand PD2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 05-21-2007 04:07 PM
Opinions on ROAR 4-Cell Rule ShaunMac Georgia Racing 12 11-29-2006 06:54 AM
ROAR - 4 cell for all touring HarshGuy Electric On-Road 17 11-23-2006 10:59 AM
non-roar bodies faster than roar? imjonah Electric On-Road 5 05-13-2005 07:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net