ROAR to 4 cell....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR to 4 cell....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

in the real world, like the example of going to 42 volts in a full size automobile, less amp draw requires smaller gauge wire, which is cheaper to install when your mass producing 500,000 cars. That type of decision is purely to reduce mass production cost.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

in the real world, like that matters in our world
Old 11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I say this, if 5 cell is better, simply make it legal to run 5 cell, make it legal, RIGHT NOW. Just like in the old days of off-road, you could run 6 or 7 cell, knock yourself out, MOD IS MOD. If 5 or 4 cell can be made as fast or faster, guess what, the racers will find this useful and do it. But don't replace the rules with ONLY 5 cell. Let racers make the choice. It will likely have the same effect as the fast guys turning mod times with 19t motors. COURSE MANAGEMENT.
Well Bob, the BRCA is going to running both 5cell (@1350g) and 6cell (@1500g) modified for the coming season, pending a section commitee meeting on the 10th Dec.
They may also allow 4cell (@1350g) to run alongside 19t 6cell as well, although this seems unlikely at the moment.

So 5 classes for the 2007 national season potentially...
2 top classes, 5cell and 6cell mod
2 mid classes, 19t 6cell and 4cell mod
1 "entry" class, 27t 6cell

So, if you want to see which class proves most popular, watch the british scene for the coming season....
Old 11-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK, so I hear a lot of people saying "No 4 cell at all" and then very few people saying "well, 4 cell mod is cool." From what I understand, the considered change is to make ALL touring car classes 4 cell. I don't see ONE PERSON here saying "Oh, yeah, 4 cell stock would be bitchin'!" I see one or two people saying "4 cell 19T would be OK." Let's face it. Everyone thinks 4 cell stock TC would suck. So there. We just eliminated stock classes. Maybe we save those classes for the novices. So, in the interest of making cars slower and decreasing wear and tear on equipment, you've eliminated the class that's already slowest and causes the least wear and tear. Smart move. Then we have 4 cell 19T. From what I see, nobody has tried it but a few people suspect that it might be OK. Maybe it will be just as fast as 6 cell stock? In which case, why change? Then we have 4 cell mod. Didn't we run this at a couple big races already? Hmmm, how'd that turn out? That's what I thought: like crap. I really don't know who's making these decisions, but it's obvious that they're out of touch with the real world. I do believe that it is a good idea to post such hearsay on message boards. If nobody posted this, the ExComm would have just pushed this decision through without a second thought. I also like how a couple of big-wigs come on here and post and all of a sudden people are backpedalling so as not to step on any toes. I don't care whose toes I'm stepping on: this is a bad decision. I'm not sure what the procedure is to remove persons from the ExComm, but I think soon the membership might have to excercise it.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

4 cell=no!!!!
It might of already been said but why not limit the batteries to a certain voltage. Speeds are fine right now, if mod is getting too fast and burning motors thats cause racers are pushing the 6-7 turn motors...they have a choice of running that or a 12 turn. So why not limit the batteries for a yr or two and see what happens.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not trying to bash or anything, But from what i heard about the recent Jap nats is that the whole 4 cell thing sucked. Thats not info that i just over heard from reading stupid forums of people talking about the race and what people are doing there even tho there not actually there and truley have no clue as to what is going on there, Thats info striaght from a lot of people i know personally from the race. So if there saying it was that bad then i would have to say it would suck if we had to go to 4 cell. Luckily there are only a couple "Roar" races a year that are worth going to, but if they were 4 cell it just wouldnt be as good, and there would prolly be a lot less racers at the "Roar" races. Of course its ganna have its slight advantages, such as cars being lighter, meaning your tires would last longer, your car would get less wear and tear throughout the weekend. But personally i dont think a lot of people are willing to trade off the few advantages for the disadvantages that would follow as well. For example, why have a 4 cell 19 turn class? if your ganna do that then just run 6 cell stock!
So personally i am Very Against the 4 cell crap.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I vote for 2 cell racing!
Old 11-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I vote for 2 cell racing!
I 2nd that!!! Thats 2 votes!!
Old 11-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Bet the 115 morons who voted for Mike Queller feel wonderful right about now....
ROFLMAO...

I almost blew a whole can of soda on my monitor...

EddieO, you know better than anybody what is wrong with ROAR. Outta touch, no respect, races have no meaning, people don't seem to care. What a shame really.

Are the people on the ROAR excomm truly qualified to make these kinds odecisions? That's not a bash, that's a legit question.

4 or 5 people deciding how to obsolete or upgrade millions of dollars of average joes RC gear, for 10's of thousands of racers.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TryHard
Well Bob, the BRCA is going to running both 5cell (@1350g) and 6cell (@1500g) modified for the coming season, pending a section commitee meeting on the 10th Dec.
They may also allow 4cell (@1350g) to run alongside 19t 6cell as well, although this seems unlikely at the moment.

So, if you want to see which class proves most popular, watch the british scene for the coming season....
Well, there you go. Why don't we watch these guys and see what develops?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisP
This is going to be a VERY expensive change for the average racer...and the racer with the biggest wallet WILL have the advantage as they purchase new packs, 4-cell optimized chassis, 4 cell optimized motors, potentially even new era electronics you're discussing....

It will be interesting to see how the overall rule specification is written.
ChisP, I agree with you, maybe I worded it wrong, I believe it will be more expensive as well. And the biggest wallets will have the biggest advantage. I said biggest advantage, not the guaranteed win. That margin between the wallet crowd and those with less racing cash had finally been narrowed a bit, where certain things for 99% of racers were simply not as critical as they used to be. The batterys being one of them. we finally have all the battery power 99% of us can use.

SO LET'S FIX THAT BY ELIMINATING THE ONE PART OF THE EQUATION THAT WORKED GREAT!?!?!?!?!? *UGH*
Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guess I'll be sticking with 1/12.....or just run nitro
Old 11-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Well TryHard I hope you are right about this because this is the most sensible desision by any of the govening bodies and lets the people race what they want to race, because the average driver wants their car to feel fast like it does with 6 cells. Even though a good driver can get the laps has quick with less cells, I dont think most drivers will. After all the 12 turn motor limit int he UK did not work.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

just get a 1/10 scale pan car (someone would have to make them again) run the 4 cells and call it good...that should be fast..... then you dont have to worry about speed (should be close to 1/12 scale) and you dont have to worry about new cars all the time and the price of new cars everytime one comes out... look at the 1/12 scale there are some old cars that do very very good....
Old 11-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by TryHard

i heard this not far of you Edd
2 top classes
5 cell 1500g/6 cell 1500g /no motor limit running 1500g is because Board thought 4 cell would come in so 1350g was passed for 4 cell not 5 cell ,so 5 cell run to 1500g

2 middle classes
19t 6 cell 1500g /
4 cell/6turn limit/ brushed/ 1350g
4 cell brushless no limit / 1350g

entry class
as is 27t/6 cell 1500g

my other feeling is with all these battery configurations for different classe`s won`t help (well get over it though)
also the numbers for the nats are down any way ,so now they are diluting the classe`s even more which in turn put more people off

A Idea
EFRA gone 5 cell !!
all classe`s run 5 cell 27/19t/mod from the clubs right up to nats
weight is a bit of a bummer though (which one 1350 or 1500

if these classe`s are for the nats only ,then that void between club & nats will be even more bigger ,espiacially when `other` series are offering 6 cell racing no change

Disclaimer
please don`t get me started , might get some thing wrong then i`ll get shot down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.