Search

2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I don't know why factory teams would want to do spec tire racing especially
when the chosen tire is not always the best tire for the conditions.
It doesnt matter if it's the best tire for the track, everyone would be at the same disadvantage. It just takes the tire testing part of a race out of the equation and all the time and expense that goes with it.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Adrianne I do understand where your coming from but at the same token when the regular guy complains about cost of racing at the higher level you will at least get 5 company reps saying that it costs to race. lol

Well, the nats and worlds are the highest level tires should be part of the equation. At that level there is always things or gadgets that is not available to everybody.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

One chassis works and everyone copies it, One motor style works and everyone copies it, all batteries come from the same sources. All of these factor make it hard for a team to dominate for very long. Copying a tire compund is a whole different ball game and cannot be done that easily and the right tire can be worth upwards of a second or more a lap. I am not sure anything else is even remotely this valuable.

Look across the board at the world of real racing and make a list of leagues that use a spec tire and those that have a tire war going on you will also see a trend where the spec tire classes have far less domination by single team then the open tire classes.

Some series in recent years have seen the championship decided almost solely by who ran what tire.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know, but it seems like everytime a race is not a spec race the tire of choice seems to be Sorex x compound so thats easy enough. lol

Plus Spec racing is not always even especially when the wrong tire is chosen.
Example the last worlds there were a few top drivers complaining that the spec tire was not consistent in that some of the tires performed better than the next as far as tire wear. So tire consistency was an issue with some brands and was still chosen as the tire for the worlds.

At least if you picked the wrong tire combo you only have your self to blame.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Adrian, familar with the customer....we were sold a expired batch of epoxy....so stuff blew up.....would of happened with a two cell pack.

Motors will blow up, which I said....what I was trying to point out is that Pros are not flying through motors like everyone makes it sound to be.....

Never said we were immune....just saying this doomsday stuff is crap.

Later EddieO
Old 11-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Saw one of your own driver`s blow three brush motor`s the same day just a while ago and at the N/w Gold Cup 3 stock motor`s blew a big puff of smoke ...
Yet ...

Not one brushless did the same ....

But this was off-road

Where Eddie say`s "the motor don`t count"....
sorry, those were arms he had left over from his trinity days bud!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
sorry, those were arms he had left over from his trinity days bud!
Hummmm ?

Well,

thats not what he told me .....
Old 11-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by daniz24
Are you sure the track layout hasn't change in 10 years?
That's what I'm told by someone who was there, who pitted with Hara and the HB team all week and had the inside word on everything that happened. Looking at the track, it's basically an indoor permanent track that has moveable barriers. Like the Tamiya track in SoCal, they simply use the longest possible track layout to accomodate the staggered starts.

Also, Hara did really use 4 chargers to charge his 4-cell pack. Just something he was trying. He was there for over 3 weeks so I'm guessing they tried everything possible. 4 chargers, 4 power supplies, about Ģ1000 ($1900) worth of stuff. Yikes.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Double post...
Old 11-23-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I don't know, but it seems like everytime a race is not a spec race the tire of choice seems to be Sorex x compound so thats easy enough. lol

Plus Spec racing is not always even especially when the wrong tire is chosen.
Example the last worlds there were a few top drivers complaining that the spec tire was not consistent in that some of the tires performed better than the next as far as tire wear. So tire consistency was an issue with some brands and was still chosen as the tire for the worlds.

At least if you picked the wrong tire combo you only have your self to blame.
Having different qualities of a single tire will happen regardless of the type/brand/make...

Having a control tire, even with sligthly different qualities is better than having ALSO to factor ON TOP OF THAT..: 15 different brands, in X different sets, with inserts and wheel combos..
Old 11-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EddieO
Snowbirds....no thrown winds....

Carpet Nats....no thrown winds...

Vegas Race....no thrown winds

And he did not throw a wind at cleveland last year...

Later EddieO
EddieO, please do not take me wrong with this but all these races you just listed are indoor carpet races which was stated to not have the same problems as the larger outdoor asphault tracks do.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

EddieO, ygpm question for ya,
Old 11-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Patriiick
Having different qualities of a single tire will happen regardless of the type/brand/make...

Having a control tire, even with sligthly different qualities is better than having ALSO to factor ON TOP OF THAT..: 15 different brands, in X different sets, with inserts and wheel combos..
In reality, drivers in Japan use Sorex. Mr. Saiki-san is opend to what works, but there might be some trying other brands as well, but the tire is not a secret. The insert are. Add combos as well, I know. Different softness/hardness in wheels as well.