Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
im gona try this it may lower the pt just that little bit,and for just for something to do.
Notsure if its the rightthing to do or notbut I layed my chassis on a flat surface dropped the transponder in the hole(The ears are off mine) and then used a small amount of shoe goo on all 4 sides from the top. It is locked in and the bottom of the transponder is flush with the bottom of the chassis. Seems to work fine....It counted for me perfectly at CEFX last Saturday.

Bill
Old 12-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omaha_racing
Sp what are people using to spacer the transponder?? I thought that the kit would arrive with the aluminum spacers like they show in the pic. Oh well cant have it all, I guess.
3mm alum spacers from touring car suspension.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impson
Notsure if its the rightthing to do or notbut I layed my chassis on a flat surface dropped the transponder in the hole(The ears are off mine) and then used a small amount of shoe goo on all 4 sides from the top. It is locked in and the bottom of the transponder is flush with the bottom of the chassis. Seems to work fine....It counted for me perfectly at CEFX last Saturday.

Bill
Bill, that's a great idea. I'm going to try it tonight with my earless transponder.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
For stock 12th on carpet, are people running the shock angled or flat?

Given that I'm running a KO 949 servo (and for some stupid reason) they drilled the mounting holed so that it hangs to the left, I was thinking of shoe-gooing it flat and to the right.
Anyone?
Old 12-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Bill, that's a great idea. I'm going to try it tonight with my earless transponder.
I wish PTs weren't so expensive... I bought mine from Tamiya about 3 years ago for $55....

I switch it between vehicles too often to shoegoo mine in... but it's a great idea

I would buy another one but I can't justify the price now since I paid so little before...

dam...

-Jimmy
Old 12-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

maybe I'll take a piece of scrap lexan and make a rectangle a little bigger than the PT hole and put holes in it that match where the ears would be... put that on the bottom of the chassis, with or w/o screws (maybe shoe goo)... put velcro on THAT then mount the earless transponder with velcro in the PT hole attached to the lexan...

hmmm
Old 12-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akura2
maybe I'll take a piece of scrap lexan and make a rectangle a little bigger than the PT hole and put holes in it that match where the ears would be... put that on the bottom of the chassis, with or w/o screws (maybe shoe goo)... put velcro on THAT then mount the earless transponder with velcro in the PT hole attached to the lexan...

hmmm
that all i did , and it worked fine
Old 12-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zinger77
that all i did , and it worked fine
pic?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

hmmm
That's actually how I had my PT mounted on my 3.2... I took some lexan, ShooGoo'd it over the hole and have velcro on the bottom of my PT....

I actually need to put a small washer over the nuts, my PT is hanging a little too low through the chassis for my liking... If I bottom I'd rather not have the PT hit....
Old 12-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wish PTs weren't so expensive... I bought mine from Tamiya about 3 years ago for $55....

I switch it between vehicles too often to shoegoo mine in... but it's a great idea

I would buy another one but I can't justify the price now since I paid so little before...

dam...

-Jimmy
You can buy a clone It's cheaper than an original one and you get to have same number on all classes you run

it's built from MRT

thread at rctech http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117075

Nick
Old 12-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Can't wait till sunday....

Old 12-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

wow thats a lot of stuff in that car, and has any one tried green rear side springs how do you like them.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

wow thats a lot of stuff in that car, and has any one tried green rear side springs how do you like them.
It's mostly the GTB, it takes up a lot of room....
Old 12-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

ya i know but i bet its damm fast hmmm maybe tooooo fast. naaa never to fast.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

ya i know but i bet its damm fast hmmm maybe tooooo fast. naaa never to fast.
Actually it could be much worse, I have the Nomadio in there but no sensors connected... My 3.2 was much worse... I don't know if the Nomadio is going to stay in the car, I'm bringing my 3PK with FM and Spektrum, I've been having radio issues....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.