Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

POOKYT - That was gonna be my question as well..

Eddie - if you propose rule changes etc. doesnt the Excomm need to vote on it for it to go through? From what I know it seems 1 person cannot impliment changes on thier own.

Also the Excomm can vote to vote you out if they want as well cant they?
Old 10-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

everyone must remember the last two elections the prez got like what, 9 votes, ( i know that is a exageration) but if eddie goes to office with a over whelming out put of support the excomm will sit up and take notice that it is time for a change, whats that word,, oh yea, he will take office with a "mandate". no i mean the other kind of man date.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

EXComm does retain the right remove the president, vice-president, or the Secertary/Treasurer.....however, they need to have cause, which they won't. And good news, I have plenty of money to get a lawyer to defend my position.....

When you are a Board Member of a Non-Profit, if you act outside the scope of your authority, especially with Malice, you can be sued as an individual....so hopefully they have money to defend themselves if they choose to act in that manner, as I won't sit idle and let it happen to me without a fight.

I personally don't think it will come to that though.....other actions could of been done to stop me from running in the first place.

And yes, I am only one vote.....but I think there are members on EXcomm who want to see changes.....and of course next year, Vice-President is up for election....

Gas racing is just as important as electric.....my track races mostly gas offroad, so I am around it plenty.

Long and the short of it.....I won't just sit idle and do nothing.....and I won't be slammed down by corruption.

Later EddieO
Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

EddieO you got my vote Bro,
Old 10-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
...mainly because numerous people chose not to attend the race because of the Personal Transponder requirement as required by ROAR..

Later EddieO
Really?

I don't agree with some of your ideas but change is good. You almost had my vote.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Eddie, being one of the twelve votes that won you the position of regional director, I wish you the best again,
but unfortunatley not having any electric sedan reagional races to attend this year in the NW I did not renew my ROAR membership. Oh, there is an onroad regional, has, what 9 or 10 entries so far, mostly because no one has any decent 3800's left to use and wont buy them for 1 race.At last years onroad regional we had 14 entrants, same reason, batts again.
ROAR needs to do at least twice yearly approvals to keep going.
Pretty SAD state of affairs for ROAR to be in.
I will renew my membership if you are elected.
Fred Forg
Old 10-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Eddie, being one of the twelve votes that won you the position of regional director, I wish you the best again,
but unfortunatley not having any electric sedan reagional races to attend this year in the NW I did not renew my ROAR membership. Oh, there is an onroad regional, has, what 9 or 10 entries so far, mostly because no one has any decent 3800's left to use and wont buy them for 1 race.At last years onroad regional we had 14 entrants, same reason, batts again.
Fred Forg
Fred, take the membership fee out of the RRR price and go vote! Mine is going in the mail on Monday!

Dom
Old 10-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Fred Forg
Good point, I have no 3800's any more. However I believe a ROAR track can submit for deviations to the rules for events.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
EXComm does retain the right remove the president, vice-president, or the Secertary/Treasurer.....however, they need to have cause, which they won't. And good news, I have plenty of money to get a lawyer to defend my position.....

When you are a Board Member of a Non-Profit, if you act outside the scope of your authority, especially with Malice, you can be sued as an individual....so hopefully they have money to defend themselves if they choose to act in that manner, as I won't sit idle and let it happen to me without a fight.

Long and the short of it.....I won't just sit idle and do nothing.....and I won't be slammed down by corruption.

Later EddieO
good stuff.you got my vote.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Good point, I have no 3800's any more. However I believe a ROAR track can submit for deviations to the rules for events.
Yes you can, but this leads back to Eddie's item "Consistent, Precise and Fair Rules" ...we had the regionals for our region last year and I tried, re-tried, and re-re-tried again to get a waiver for 3800's (36's were max last year), pleading my case from the RD to the Comp and track directors at ROAR; couldn't get it and our signups suffered because of this. The track that got them this year was fortunately able to get a waiver for 42/4300's ...same situations (everyone has the "latest cell", towards end of the year, 3800's where already 'on the books' to be available for 06 season, etc).

...my son and I sent our ballots in ...EddieO - 2 more votes.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just to be fair, this thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthr...d=1#post2632066

needs looking at as well.All these threads are rather dislocated.

Can our moderators get em all lined up and cross pollenating the vital info contained in them.

It might lead some where completely different !!

Victor Vector
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Legend

Futureal ,

How about organizing a debate between the Roar Prez candidates ?
Old 10-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

remember... if you dont vote... you have not right to bitch later.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

First Eddie0 for sale now Eddie0 for president for ROAR why don't we vote him in as President of USA LOL, Eddie0 you got my vote.

P.S i would not vote for Peter R for vice PRES because he don't return calls
Old 10-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Eddie is probably the smartest and most different individual i know besides myself and would make an excellent prez. he has my vote. he is also going to run for pres. of the u.s.a when it is time and pete is going to be his condoleeza rice(i think thats how its spelled).(lol) j/p also it's not petes fualt about the returning phone calls cuz the phone works .25% of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.