Wiki Posts
Search

RC Motor Black Book- motor tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default RC Motor Black Book- motor tuning

i wonder if any 1 have a copy of this book? or if you have a electronic version and don't mind sharing, please email it to me at [email protected]. thanks a lot, i am trying to get the most out of my 23t motors, any 1 care to help, please feel free to voice out.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can still buy the book.....and a lot of it is online on hobbytalk.com.....there is no electronic version, as its a copyrighted material....

Some of the information is old and outdated, but in general a lot of it still works and gives you a good starting point.

You can also find lots of good info on www.rccars.com in the Big Jim forum (the main author of the book)....a lot of the book stuff is discussed on there.....along with other advanced topics and more updated stuff on some of the newer motors. The forum is pretty much dead though, as Big Jim passed away a little over a year ago...

You should also check the 19t, 23t, and stock motor threads here on RCtech....they have lots of good motor info....

And lastly, aquire all the tools you need to get the motors in shape.....an alignment bar, fiddlestick, etc are all musts if you want to get your motor in tip top shape...

Later EddieO
Old 10-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

alignment bar, fiddlestick???

eddieO, thank, but it would it you would show me some sample link of above stuff,
Old 10-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=715

http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=410
Old 10-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

The book is next to impossible to find. There are a few people selling them but most want over $100 as it is out of print.

I have been looking for almost 3 months and have tried ordering from all the online shops but none of them actually has it in stock.

I have contacted Trafford publishing who published the book and they will not have another run of books printed because they say there is not enough demand.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Johnny9s
The book is next to impossible to find. There are a few people selling them but most want over $100 as it is out of print.

I have been looking for almost 3 months and have tried ordering from all the online shops but none of them actually has it in stock.

I have contacted Trafford publishing who published the book and they will not have another run of books printed because they say there is not enough demand.
Try this:
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=126994

Fast Faisal