Wiki Posts
Search

The Cure for Scurvy....LiPo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Ok, I'm a proponent of LiPo and new technology but what is with all the posts???
Someone jokesters bumped all the lipo threads up so it looks like there is a ton of lipo threads on the front page. I assume thats what you were asking about.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
Someone jokesters bumped all the lipo threads up so it looks like there is a ton of lipo threads on the front page. I assume thats what you were asking about.
There are a few new one's also....

I'm one of the old guys, I want LiPo....
Old 09-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

I still think that is a really big chicken!!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I was thinking were the hell did all those Li-Po threads came from (outer space )
didn`t know which one to post on ,i was so confused & torn between my feelings to which one

so here i am

there`s a big indoor series over here (uk) called the BIWS, run & sponsered by Mirage (importer for orion,x-ray,HPI,HB) & they are allowing LI-Po this winter
some guy`s are allready bitching about ,they think it`s unfair ,(money in the end) thye spent all there dosh on fresh c-cells, got none left for orion £90.00 & charger £50.00 , but the same guy`s went out & brought a crappy discharge tray`s that cost £140.00 a go (dtx,Team wave,trinity DPD ) money they could of saved & brought the Li-Po setup
Old 09-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Champion

The problem with too much choice in our hobby is that racers get confused in their choices,get afraid one is better than what they already have and also have to consider the cost of each.

Nimh will be with us for quite a while yet, but we cant ignore the lipo and other cells that are slowly coming into our hobby. Its hard for lipo or any other newer cell to become accepted when the majority of racers use nimh.

Im not sure how things will pan out, but with the way things are its very difficult for the smaller clubs to cater for new technology when in a lot of cases there are not enough racers at the meeting with it to allow it, unless they race with nimh which can make for unbalanced racing.

Also,with nicad,we started off racing with 1200s,and finished up with around 3 times as much capacity.

If that was to happen with nimh its safe to say it will be around for quite some time.... 9000s anyone?
Old 09-14-2006, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I fly R/C aircraft have 4 flyers at any given time, all are brushless and Lipo,been that way since 2001. I have three R/C cars all drivers, all are brushed, and Nimh.What is wrong with me
Old 09-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I heard Tussin' is good for scurvy as well. You just gotta let it seap to the bone.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Our cells are really dictated by other industries like cordless tools. Once you see the Tools start to go Lithium or some other technology that will be the death of the Sub C cell....
Old 09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Our cells are really dictated by other industries like cordless tools. Once you see the Tools start to go Lithium or some other technology that will be the death of the Sub C cell....
They already have.Milwaukee and Makita have them on the market now-and they're Lithium-Ion.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

LIPO IS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY THEM.

I SEEN THEM BLOW A HOUSE UP! THEY JUST BLOW UP RANDOMLY! YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT THEM FUNNY!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pheyhoe
LIPO IS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY THEM.

I SEEN THEM BLOW A HOUSE UP! THEY JUST BLOW UP RANDOMLY! YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT THEM FUNNY!

Actually I've seen a few people on this board blow up when you look at them funny. I wonder if they're on lithium.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

But are they ??

i`m quite sure the battery makers actually do make cells just for `our` hobby (RC racing), the batts we have now won`t work in a torch for instance

just food for thought

Pheyhoe
Mine just blown up
so i`ve just built a even more stronger house this time .last one was out of Hay ,i`ve upgraded to Wood now ,learning quickly me is !!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
But are they ??

i`m quite sure the battery makers actually do make cells just for `our` hobby (RC racing), the batts we have now won`t work in a torch for instance

just food for thought

Pheyhoe
Mine just blown up
so i`ve just built a even more stronger house this time .last one was out of Hay ,i`ve upgraded to Wood now ,learning quickly me is !!!!
From what I've seen we are the guiena pigs of the battery world, it we don't blow them up the companies did something right....

My old Makita packs are sub C's....
Old 09-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

With a cure for Scurvy, we can only hope that LiPo can also heal blindness, cause sponataneous regeneration of lost limbs, and be used as gunpowder in a pinch. Pirates worldwide can give it a hearty ARRRRRR!
Old 09-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Everyone's talking about cures with LiPo, but I wonder if there's a danger, I mean:

LiPo plus brushless equals nervous breakdown for Ernie?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.