Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Where are you seeing it on Horizon's site because I was going to order another one but it is no longer listed. The word is it is discontinued and that seems to be the case although I can't find verification on Losi or Horizons site.
I bought one yesterday from an ebay vendor "hopmeup" for $198. Might buy a 2nd...
Old 11-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What is the latest on the Flying Fox stuff????
Old 11-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Same as before NOTHING.

Rhys

Originally Posted by Murray
What is the latest on the Flying Fox stuff????
Old 11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So my kit came with an aluminum shock cap that wasn't completly milled. No big deal, put in an order for new ones. DISCONTINUED AND OUT OF STOCK AT HORIZON So now I either live with the one I have with a shock cap that has been butchered to fit or order one from somewhere else, pay shipping, brokerage and taxes to get it to Canada. AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH Oh and my Jaco pinks are on back order so I won't have fresh tires for tomorrows race Moments silence in Remembrance to all those who have sacrificed their lives so I can bitch about my toy car hobby. Okay my perspective is realigned and I still get to race my toy car tomorrow, life is good. I digress.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Caravanshaka
just an fyi, only place I found that doesn't show "out of stock" or have a price tag over $400

http://www.polyperformance.com/rc/Lo...6-p-27333.html
FYI, out of stock here, and I had to contact them to find out why the order still just said "processed"...

So it sounds like they are discontinuing parts now as well, so maybe I'll just skip this car...
Old 11-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Dont say that... Just cause horizon or one other store does not have it doesn't mean parts are discontinued but if they are it means I will be searching for another car though.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

It would be nice is Losi or a company representative could give us a straight forward answer to the question of parts availability in the future for the JRX-S Type R. To me it is somewhat bogus to quietly discontinue a car with no proper heads up to the consumer. The price reduction was the only hint they gave aside from some insider knowledge passed on in this thread. Weak. The 10mm shock caps are listed as discontinued and out of stock at Horizon but, will that be the same for other parts once they run out of stock at Horizon?? I seriously doubt it and I could see how a shock cap would not be in too much demand and became discontinued, that makes sense I suppose. I was still getting XX4 parts last year so I don't think I will have problems with JRX-S R parts. Horizon doesn't even list the JRX-S Type R in the parts finder now, what the (*^%? On a positive note I was happy to see that locating pins, spacers, and grub screws are included with arms and spindles/carriers respectively. Track day tomorrow, hopefully the JRX-S Type R will kick some ass but smoking a bunch of Sprint2's shouldn't prove to difficult
Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

they have the shock caps at amain.

I would not worry too much about parts support. Losi do have a very good parts backup for other discontinued cars.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Well, I run an rc12r5.1 in 1/12 scale, so I might as well stick with associated and pick up a TC6 instead...at least they are supporting their Touring Cars
Old 11-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Caravanshaka
Well, I run an rc12r5.1 in 1/12 scale, so I might as well stick with associated and pick up a TC6 instead...at least they are supporting their Touring Cars
A big reason I went for the JRXS (aside from the price) was that I have a lot of parts from my XXX4 that I can use in the JRXS such as bearings, diff rings, thrust bearings, titanium screws, hex drivers etc. So that was appealing. Also my LHS deals almost exclusively through Horizon so ordering Losi parts should not be a problem. Not bad mouthing the car by any means but with AE at least you would know that they give a damn about the T6 whereas I have a great car that Horizon/Losi has pretty much abandoned. I still can't get over the fact that they discontinued a perfectly good car with nothing to replace it. Just giving up on on-road completely is not good P.R. for the brand. Time to drop the "LOSI" name and just call the company 8IGHT
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Damn, I've always wanted a Type R. I came super close to ordering 1 a couple weeks ago. I'm soooo glad I didnt.

Do you guys think on-road or off road is at the Top right now. Personally I cant stand off-road.

I'm even a part time basher Just never felt the love for it.

I guess maybe off-road is King for Losi.....
Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I am not even going to worry about the speculation of parts. Right now my Type R is a shelf Queen and when I get off this overseas contract I am on it will be hitting the track. In the mean time I will stock up on parts I think I need and get it out there. When parts "REALLY" become and issue then it will go back to being a shelf queen and I will move to something else thats unique. I mean thats the whole reason I bought it and Like it is because its different from the rest.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
It would be nice is Losi or a company representative could give us a straight forward answer to the question of parts availability in the future for the JRX-S Type R. To me it is somewhat bogus to quietly discontinue a car with no proper heads up to the consumer. The price reduction was the only hint they gave aside from some insider knowledge passed on in this thread. Weak.
My friend placed a call to Losi concerning the low price and they assured him they were not discontinuing it. A couple weeks later its gone. Thats disappointing. Maybe we can get Agama to copy this car too!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
My friend placed a call to Losi concerning the low price and they assured him they were not discontinuing it. A couple weeks later its gone. Thats disappointing. Maybe we can get Agama to copy this car too!
hahahaha, yeah man, all metric fasteners on a losi car will be awesome!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not to be a d!ck but did I miss something? Did the car suddenly stop working well on the track because Losi discontinued it ?

I will continue to drive and love my Type R until either:

a) It becomes the limiting factor to my success on the track (won't happen for a LONG time the way I drive )

b) I no longer can get parts to keep it running (remains to be seen)

c) I am overcome by a case of "shiny new thing" syndrome

Cheers,
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.