Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

whats that bolted to the chassis behind the front pulley?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Sometimes I just love being wrong!
Greg i have been married 15years i am wrong all the time lol
Old 07-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V12
Yes thatīs a McLaren F1 GTR shorttail. Thatīs my personal favourite racecar ever, but just the shorttail version. That livery is typical Gulf design.
The picture is very old I think this was from a FIA GT series race or from the BPR series. Also at Le Mans the Gulf car was used.
Here you can see pictures from the F1 GTR Gulf also from the F1 GTR Harrods which also was quite popular.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/3...en-F1-GTR.html
There is a much better website somewhere but I lost the link.
Thanks, the colors are tickling my brain but i really don't remember seeing them before, hmm i think i may have to paint up a body for my shelf queen. The Mclaren is my dream car before i die i'd like to drive one hahaha.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
I already have a casing design drawn up, that would take the Spec R internals and outdrives, and fit the standard car fine. Would only need to cut away the eccentric holder.

The biggest issue we have, is that the pulley needs to transfer drive to the outer casing to get it too work, and unfortuantly, on the typeR, the two are seperated by a bulkhead. However, I've managed to overcome this with a three piece case design, so the pulley can still mount up fine, and it can be removed from the car.

Now just need to try and get it made...

Ed
Originally Posted by TryHard
Pics of the gear diff casing....

Pulley mount is splined onto the right hand casing part, held in place with a E-Clip.

Driveshaft outdrives run through the tubes, and would be the same items as supplied with a Xray Spec-R diff.

I'm already investigating getting some made, just it's taking time...

Ed
Interesting design... Just keep in mind that you if you cut the eccentric then you will have one side that "floats". Keep in mind that it is one side of the eccentric that is clamped by the bulkhead so you would need to rejoin the the two halfs of the eccentric in some way to keep them lined up.

At the moment Pablo is looking at a revised layout to better distribute the kit weight of the car. The idea is to move motor and batter forward so the rest of the electronics are in the center of the car. A side effect to this would be swapping the layshaft to behind the motor. This would allow us to drop in a modified version of an existing gear diff (new outdrives to fit bearings and swingshafts) which runs the belt between the bulkheads.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
whats that bolted to the chassis behind the front pulley?

I think it was mentioned by Lucas (Euro's last year) that it is a belt guard to prevent the servo wire from coming into contact with the belt.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buggy Master
+1000. if someone makes a gear diff, i will definitely buy it.

Glad to see you still have on-road on your mind.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V12
This is Lucas Urbainīs car from the worlds. This is the version what worked best for him. In the beginning he had to use different Lipo what required changing the top deck as his Lipo batteries werenīt IFMAR approved.
Later he got some new GM-Racing Lipo what were lower so he could use his special top deck again.

Interesting to see he needed to add weight to the esc/left side of the car.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_0630_3.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Thanks, the colors are tickling my brain but i really don't remember seeing them before, hmm i think i may have to paint up a body for my shelf queen. The Mclaren is my dream car before i die i'd like to drive one hahaha.
Today I found this interesting website http://www.racingsportscars.com/type.../F1%20GTR.html
Here you can see all of the races where the F1 GTR was used including informations on chassis#, drivers, teams, results and others. Also maybe you can see some livery you never saw before. As you can see here there were 2 different Gulf designs but just chassis# 12 and 15 are sporting the real Gulf design in my opinion.

Well if you want driving a F1 GTR you have to spend about one million Euros, if you ever find someone who wants selling one.
There are people who own 2 or 3 of them but all in all there were just 28 chassis made.

The F1 GTR also would be my dreamcar but as I have not that one million Euros I bought two 1:18 diecast cars from UT Models what were made some years ago. They look pretty good, of course one is the #12R Gulf Racing car the other the #03R red/white one from West Competition.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Haven't read this thread for a while as imperial screw just dont work at my place. I just curious what's going on recently and click in... found out...

Gosh, TryHard is doing JRXS-R? Ok maybe I need to read through some pages...

And than I read there is metric screw set for JRXS-R? How did that work? imperial thread with metric hex hole? Bcz I don't think u can force-thread alum bulkhead.

Always like JRXS-R design, but imperial screw just don't work at my place.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

yes, rcscrewz makes a metric conversion. I was going to carry some but i didn't think anyone really cared . I'll have to get some listed on the site for you. In the mean time you can special order them through me as no where else really stocks them for the type-r.

Originally Posted by ttso
Haven't read this thread for a while as imperial screw just dont work at my place. I just curious what's going on recently and click in... found out...

Gosh, TryHard is doing JRXS-R? Ok maybe I need to read through some pages...

And than I read there is metric screw set for JRXS-R? How did that work? imperial thread with metric hex hole? Bcz I don't think u can force-thread alum bulkhead.

Always like JRXS-R design, but imperial screw just don't work at my place.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Heavy edit...

I read through rcscrewz website still cant finger out what metric conversion screw set is.

So, it's full metric screws with proper size to replace all imperial screws?
How about re-tapping the alum parts? Using tapping tool to DIY?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone received any goods recently from Paul at Flying Fox? I placed an order for a Layshaft on the 19th of May, after several weeks and a few unanswered emails I sent him a PM mid June about the whereabouts of my Layshaft, he explained he had been a little behind with Flying Fox and would send my Layshaft the next day. Its now nearly another month on and have still not received anything. I have sent several more PMs but I have not received any reply.

Sorry to post this here but seeing as I can't get an response on email or PM i'd just thought i'd see if anyone else is experiencing problems or may know what the hold up may be?

Steve Lissamore
Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately it's a re-tap. I'm curious how this will work though. I wonder how it will stretch the parts out.

Originally Posted by ttso
Heavy edit...

I read through rcscrewz website still cant finger out what metric conversion screw set is.

So, it's full metric screws with proper size to replace all imperial screws?
How about re-tapping the alum parts? Using tapping tool to DIY?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Unfortunately it's a re-tap. I'm curious how this will work though. I wonder how it will stretch the parts out.

Re-tap as in drill out to the correct tap drill size then thread it with the new tap? I hope so, but that is making some of the walls rather thin though & not a very good idea with some of the parts.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve_L
Has anyone received any goods recently from Paul at Flying Fox? I placed an order for a Layshaft on the 19th of May, after several weeks and a few unanswered emails I sent him a PM mid June about the whereabouts of my Layshaft, he explained he had been a little behind with Flying Fox and would send my Layshaft the next day. Its now nearly another month on and have still not received anything. I have sent several more PMs but I have not received any reply.

Sorry to post this here but seeing as I can't get an response on email or PM i'd just thought i'd see if anyone else is experiencing problems or may know what the hold up may be?

Steve Lissamore
he does disappear on tours as he is a tour guide but he should have got back to you. unless he did post and there was a postage problem!! but he should reply to you some time tomorrow as he reads this thread a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.