Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Its funny you say that cause I made that same assumption and had no luck. The usual rates just worked better... It might just be a better match for my driving style too...

Ditto...
Be carefull, just going to light springs will usually not be good, you have to tune the rest of the car toward that direction, ex. a stiff oil and soft spring will not react as you may expect...where as a stiffer spring will work ok. Food for thought
Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Great job at the race Donny!, perhaps 1/10th ROAR national champ title won't be too far from your reach! see ya at the Chaplin this Sunday?
Hmmmm i didnt realize that was Sunday. I am racing 1:1 Saturday so thought my weekend for rc was shot but maybe I will try to make it up there Sunday. Lets see what the wife says..lol
Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hi all

i was new in jrsx type r! may i knw wht type of lipo u all using for type r!
i was using trak power 4900mah 25c! i try to put in my friends lipo but it can in fit! is the ocra 5500 mah 50c!
may i knw that how tall is the lipo can be fit in to jrxs type r!
i knw that trak power is 23mm hight!
thanks.......
happy racing and bashing.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike/Donny;

Can I get a little more info on your shock setup? Were you running drilled caps, and how much re-bound?

Cheers
Ed
Old 06-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

i Am running standard caps with black bladders, full rebound all around.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
i Am running standard caps with black bladders, full rebound all around.
I am interested to know why you run full rebound? I have tested full to zero rebound and can't prove either is faster. I now just build with 50% rebound just in case I don't know what I am on about.

On the topic of diff height from a page or two ago. I did some laps on a low grip surface looking for something different and I think I may hage found it. I know believe it changes the rear end bit on and off power. A high diff has more rear end bit on power and less off power. The low diff had more off power and less on power grip. I think this has to do with the angle of the swing shafts. Anyway thats what I found.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

I am interested to know why you run full rebound? I have tested full to zero rebound and can't prove either is faster. I now just build with 50% rebound just in case I don't know what I am on about.

On the topic of diff height from a page or two ago. I did some laps on a low grip surface looking for something different and I think I may hage found it. I know believe it changes the rear end bit on and off power. A high diff has more rear end bit on power and less off power. The low diff had more off power and less on power grip. I think this has to do with the angle of the swing shafts. Anyway thats what I found.

Dragonfire, that's some good info there as I have been looking for a little more traction coming out of corners. Any other handling differences that you've noticed running a high rear diff?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

I prefer full in most cases, just helps the car get through the tight switchbacks, also its very easy to get the same every time.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
Hmmmm .... Lets see what the wife says..lol

Old 06-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy611
i was new in jrsx type r! may i knw wht type of lipo u all using for type r!
I am running this one with good success, fits good after a lil dremeling of plastic lipo tray
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...e09a37831f5124

Lots of guys running thunderpower 50c as well i hear that fits good too.

Originally Posted by TryHard
Mike/Donny;

Can I get a little more info on your shock setup? Were you running drilled caps, and how much re-bound?

Cheers
Ed
I am running stock caps as well, with 50% rebound all around. Havent tried it any other way yet.

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub

ya i know Al its scary she is a tough one..lol
Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

I hear ya Don....... BTW, love that signature................
Old 06-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

....... You know what Don, that was some funny stuff!!...... Can't stop thinking about that!!........
Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
....... You know what Don, that was some funny stuff!!...... Can't stop thinking about that!!........
that was beyond funny man lol..cracks me up everytime. we all just looked at eachother like...
Old 06-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
I prefer full in most cases, just helps the car get through the tight switchbacks, also its very easy to get the same every time.
Fair enough. I used to run full rebound on all my cars all the time but with all the talk of zero rebound not all that long ago I played with it some more... and found no difference...

Anyway what I do is completely fill my shocks, then compress 6mm (which is 1/2 of max length on mine) using calipers and then tighten cap. This gives identical rebound all round. I might go back to full and see what happens when I get good chance to test some more...
Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regarding the caps thing... I've been running a drilled top since I got the car. Having come from a Tamiya, where zero rebound, and nothing on top the bladder seem to be best, they've been built the same as a force of habit.
Plus I'm not so keen on letting the air above the bladder control the initial resistance on the shock... rather have some more consistent medium such as a foam/O-ring in there to control it... and there's then the option to tune it too.

I will say though, given the bigger hole pistons, running nothing above the bladder felt pretty, umm, wooley and horrible. For my shocks atm, I've settled on the bigger pistons (#55's), thicker oils (Losi 50-70), full rebound, and a combination of two different O-rings (Losi white+Tamiya blue) above the bladder to get the feel I like on the bench. Ran this combo last weekend on a very bumpy track, and felt good, taking the bumps well, but also carrying good corner speed.

I do wanna play around a bit more with it, but I hate building shocks track side... lol

Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.