Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BennyBagems
Hi guys, does anyone have an old diff or spool they don't need?
My front one way is not working on our track and I need to replace it with something.
I have ordered a Flying Fox Spool from Skyrocket Racing but they are out of stock.
I need something in the meantime, even if its just a worn out diff I can lock up.
Thanks, Ben
Do you have any of the parts for the diff (outdrives, plates, pulley, tube etc)?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default gear ratios

does anyone know what the the min and max fdr's I can achieve without the FF mod?

oh and what I like about this particular car is it comes standard with wide operating universals(dble pin), which must be a first for a production kit as standard! My tamiya's and xrays have serious wobble issues on more than 50% steering throw, and im hoping the losi is smooth.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain stacker
does anyone know what the the min and max fdr's I can achieve without the FF mod?

oh and what I like about this particular car is it comes standard with wide operating universals(dble pin), which must be a first for a production kit as standard! My tamiya's and xrays have serious wobble issues on more than 50% steering throw, and im hoping the losi is smooth.
At 130% lock they are still smooth! From the problems I have seen with other brands LCD clones they are also the best in reliability.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Do you have any of the parts for the diff (outdrives, plates, pulley, tube etc)?
I have the pulley and one outdrive.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
At 130% lock they are still smooth! From the problems I have seen with other brands LCD clones they are also the best in reliability.
hmm im not sure what you mean by 130% lock(left to right steering angle)....too hard to measure for me lol

I will assume it means at near full steering lock , which to me would mean 45degree steering from neutral, if I was looking at the inside wheel turning.

but yeah, im kind of over spending $80us or so for a set of front ecs drive shafts for my t2. Would rather buy a new kit which have them as standard.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Hi guys, does anyone have an old diff or spool they don't need?
My front one way is not working on our track and I need to replace it with something.
I have ordered a Flying Fox Spool from Skyrocket Racing but they are out of stock.
I need something in the meantime, even if its just a worn out diff I can lock up.
Thanks, Ben
I believe one of the regular guys in Aus owns flyingfoxrc, so it would have been easier to have ordered it straight off their website, rather than go through skyrocket racing.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe one of the regular guys in Aus owns flyingfoxrc, so it would have been easier to have ordered it straight off their website, rather than go through skyrocket racing.
Boy do I feel stupid, I totally forgot about their website, now I'm trying to cancel my order with skyrocket so I can order through flyingfox.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So dumb question.....Fox website shows spool in stock. Seems odd that Skyrocket wouldn't have it also. Anybody check with Fox to see if they're really available?? I need one too and don't mind ordering direct if necessary.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

I got my refund from skyrocket, placed an order with Flyingfox, works out cheaper too!
Will see if stock is really there when they confirm order.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

hmm im not sure what you mean by 130% lock(left to right steering angle)....too hard to measure for me lol

I will assume it means at near full steering lock , which to me would mean 45degree steering from neutral, if I was looking at the inside wheel turning.

but yeah, im kind of over spending $80us or so for a set of front ecs drive shafts for my t2. Would rather buy a new kit which have them as standard.
What I mean by 130% lock is I filed part of the knuckle to allow greater steering lock than standard kit setup. It is a cheap way to get more steering without making setup changes. It does have consequence though....

As for FlyingFox Layshafts and spools... I believe he has a few in stock but he won't be home till next weekend as he is away on business. He has recently organised to get them made up in bulk so I don't believe the wait for more would be long. He'll let you know how long when he gets back but with every batch made about 90% of them go straight to Skyrocket as demand in the US is the greatest.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Just wanted to chime in here and welcome back Mike Haynes on returning to the Losi Crew........ Great fun mixing it up with Him, and John Lee throughout the day. Three cars in the A Main for the start of the Control Freakz Outdoor Opener in Chaplin, CT. We were all running the Sweep Tires, 13.5 and the cars felt flawless. Bit cold but the cars were hooked up....... Not far from our Carpet set-ups....... So glad I went back and enjoying working on them as well.

Have fun this outdoor season and Happy Racing!!
Originally Posted by MaxRain
This post says lots about what the car can do and how good it is. Welcome back Mike!!
Originally Posted by Yeti35
Seriously, Haynes came back to Losi? Wow, I told him before purple was slow!!
Type r is running well, should be fun to race it for a while again, thanks guys
Old 04-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got my refund from skyrocket, placed an order with Flyingfox, works out cheaper too!
Will see if stock is really there when they confirm order.
Didn't even realize you were in AU, I'd have sent you to the site myself cheaper and works out better for all involved.

He usually lets me know when things are done, but he has been busy trying to get it done, and sometimes his site doesn't quite display the proper stock levels as does mine. We're both working on that aspect of things.

Bottom line is once he has them in stock i get them in stock shortly there after.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So who has the spool in stock?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
So who has the spool in stock?
Hey mike... If you can't get a spool I'll make sure you are first on the list for when the next batch is run. Hopefully we have the new outdrives too! A local plastics manufacturer laughed at us when we talked "delrin" and showed us something so much better! Hopefully we can get these happening real soon too... I assume you also want a layshaft? We are up to about version 3 now (small refinements)
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey all...

Just to let you know that the TypeR finished 3rd at the WA Electric On-Road State Titles just held over the weekend (outdoor asphalt/rubber). Car was awesome, but had some driver issues (Brain fades... lol). Set the second fastest laptime of the event, a scant 0.06sec the quickest.

Hope that Losi will continue making parts for this car... would really hate to have to change over to anything else!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.