Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Horizon Hobby has "Late November" listed for the JRXS - R.

Is this release date still accurate?

I'd assume it means "anytime after the 15th"... lol
Old 10-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Um, Russ, he is making mention of the Pro3.5. That is the Pro3 that has the hotbodies woven chassis upper and main, very narrow like the JRXS-R. This is the car HPI shouldve released instead of the tub you make reference to.
pro-3 had a molded tub chassis with angled sides. hotbodies upgrade to the pro-3 had elevated carbon fiber tabs attached to the cf chassis.

this is something that could be done to the car by anyone who buys it, but why? it has already been shown that the larger speedos can be installed on the chassis with minimal overhang.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default by the looks of it there's a lot of over hang.

[QUOTE=RussB]pro-3 had a molded tub chassis with angled sides. hotbodies upgrade to the pro-3 had elevated carbon fiber tabs attached to the cf chassis.

this is something that could be done to the car by anyone who buys it, but why? it has already been shown that the larger speedos can be installed on the chassis with minimal overhang

Wish Novak would get busy making a smaller GTB.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

has anyone made a left turn only car out of the jrxs-r? im ready to start up the season and get on it... Im thinkin of trying to sell the rdx thats only been ran 1 time lol... It wasnt very fast on oval but i really didnt get much to try it out... Im really wanting to hit up the birds later on if i could just get a car for it...
Old 10-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slippery Dan
Horizon Hobby has "Late November" listed for the JRXS - R.

Is this release date still accurate?

I'd assume it means "anytime after the 15th"... lol
i called Losi about this this week and i applaud whomever i talked to for their honesty-

they said there is a posted mid-late NOV. date, but a more likely projection is mid DEC.

bummer for me since i'm looking to get into the TC game sooner than later, but atleast i can mask it as a christmas present....to myself ; )
Old 10-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure if this question has been answered or not, but does anyone know if the Team Much More Motor Cooler will fit on the Type R?
Old 10-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
has anyone made a left turn only car out of the jrxs-r? im ready to start up the season and get on it... Im thinkin of trying to sell the rdx thats only been ran 1 time lol... It wasnt very fast on oval but i really didnt get much to try it out... Im really wanting to hit up the birds later on if i could just get a car for it...
Drop me an e-mail about Touring Oval.

[email protected]

Here is a pic of my 06' Snowbirds TQ "Ovalized" JRX-S:

Old 10-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hi RobS,

I am pretty sure it will fit since there is nothing on top of the motor on the production car.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mainracer
Hi RobS,

I am pretty sure it will fit since there is nothing on top of the motor on the production car.
Cool, thats what I thought, thanks Keven!
Old 10-29-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by builthatch
i called Losi about this this week and i applaud whomever i talked to for their honesty-

they said there is a posted mid-late NOV. date, but a more likely projection is mid DEC.

bummer for me since i'm looking to get into the TC game sooner than later, but atleast i can mask it as a christmas present....to myself ; )
Say it aint so!

Last edited by Davenport; 10-29-2006 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davenport
Say it aint so!
I Would rather have it come out a little bit later rather than being rushed.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

kropy: agree with you on that, but another delay is still another delay ... it still gets you down after getting all worked up and patiently waiting november to close in and then with november just two days away ... bam! you hear that its moved again .... bummer!

not arguing, just letting out some frustration.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Unfortunately it is getting pushed back and is really out of the hands of Losi right now.

Congrats to Dumas on his TQ and win in 19 turn at the Halloween Classic. Bad luck at the start of the mod main kept him from another possible win. Hopefully things turn around at the Indoor Champs.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, I've got a question...and no, its not about when the car is coming out, so put that shot gun down T. Hodge!

My question is about the shocks. Has Losi put the shocks into a full set yet? I'm looking to get a full set to replace the TRF units I have on my TA05, but I'd prefer not to spend the small fortune neccesary to buy all the individual parts to make a set.

Now I'm sure some people are like "why would you want to get rid of the 'super great, fantastic, best in the industry, TRF shocks'", well frankly, I like the ones on the JRX-S better. They're smoother, easier to build, and stay cleaner inside.

So if Losi now sells them as a set, that would be great, if not, guess I'll either have to assemble a set of my own, or find someone to trade with me.

Thanks for any answers...

-Darkseid
Old 10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Hey guys, I've got a question...and no, its not about when the car is coming out, so put that shot gun down T. Hodge!

My question is about the shocks. Has Losi put the shocks into a full set yet? I'm looking to get a full set to replace the TRF units I have on my TA05, but I'd prefer not to spend the small fortune neccesary to buy all the individual parts to make a set.

Now I'm sure some people are like "why would you want to get rid of the 'super great, fantastic, best in the industry, TRF shocks'", well frankly, I like the ones on the JRX-S better. They're smoother, easier to build, and stay cleaner inside.

So if Losi now sells them as a set, that would be great, if not, guess I'll either have to assemble a set of my own, or find someone to trade with me.

Thanks for any answers...

-Darkseid

Glad to see you back around in here my brutha!!!
Here ya go! This is from the Losi website so check around on pricing!
LOSA5301 10mm Shock Set (4) $69.99

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.