Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Has anybody had to double up on the shim thats between the outside bearing and the pin that holds the wheel hex on?? I have to do this now so that when i tighten the wheel on it spins free without any resistance...
Are you using the stock plastic hexes? If so you could have one that is mushroomed or just not right allowing it to rub the hub/spindle. I don't use the plastic ones anymore on my cars.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Are you using the stock plastic hexes? If so you could have one that is mushroomed or just not right allowing it to rub the hub/spindle. I don't use the plastic ones anymore on my cars.
Its not the plastic ones. I guess it wont hurt if i gotta use two shims between the bearing and pin?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
how do the SMC 24C packs fit?
never tryed them
Old 04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running the yuntong 35C 5000's latley and aprt from being very fast (Same cells as Ready packs) they drop in and out real easy like low capacity packs.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, i've got a question about a issue i've got with my new jrx-s type r. This is my first Losi on road TC, i'm a Xray guy that wanted to try something new. My problem is that when i punch the throttle the car wants to pull hard to the left. I've never seen this before in any other TC that i've had and i've had a "FEW". If i accel. slow then it seems to be ok but as soon as i punch it it just pulls to the left until i back off the throttle.

It's not a trim/tracking or elec. glitch issue. I'm running a ball diff. in the rear and a spool in the front (what do you all think of the Losi spool set up?) and i'm running rubber tires. Any help on what i might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi use a weird system with the diffs which is meant to slip under load. The problem is that it tends to slip on one side only which results in the chassis tracking the wrong way when accelarating or braking. Make sure your front spool is tight and that you rear diff is not slipping easily. Other than that you may just have regular tweak in which case you use the same proceedure as you did with the xray.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Losi use a weird system with the diffs which is meant to slip under load. The problem is that it tends to slip on one side only which results in the chassis tracking the wrong way when accelarating or braking. Make sure your front spool is tight and that you rear diff is not slipping easily. Other than that you may just have regular tweak in which case you use the same proceedure as you did with the xray.
On my spool I glued up the brass slipper pad to the diff ring and glue them to the aluminium diff half. I think I'll do the same on the rear diff too. There is no doubt that a sliping spool will cause the car to pull to one side badly.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you are having a problem with the diffs slipping we have been cutting a piece out of the aluminum diff half and putting on a D ring. Mark the aluminum part that stick up with where you need to cut off for the D ring to fit pretty tightly. Make sure you take everything off so the ring rides flat or you will have a major problem. But it works fine and the plastic diff out drive will fit in just fine. We have been doing it for a little bit now seems to allow you to run the diff a little looser but still be tight.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
If you are having a problem with the diffs slipping we have been cutting a piece out of the aluminum diff half and putting on a D ring. Mark the aluminum part that stick up with where you need to cut off for the D ring to fit pretty tightly. Make sure you take everything off so the ring rides flat or you will have a major problem. But it works fine and the plastic diff out drive will fit in just fine. We have been doing it for a little bit now seems to allow you to run the diff a little looser but still be tight.
Thankyou! Definately that is the best way of dong it. Are you doing this with a dremel?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the input! One thing i failed to mention is after not having any luck even after checking tweak i looked at the diffs. I tightened the front spool and that made no diff.. Then i tightened down the rear, it got better but a bit of pull was still present. I'll try locking down the diff rings next.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

I'm intrigued. I'm not having any probs with my spool but I can't quite work out what you are describing. Any chance you could post a pic?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Thankyou! Definately that is the best way of dong it. Are you doing this with a dremel?
Yes
Old 05-01-2009, 07:59 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default lipo fit question

before buying a lipo for my car i read thru this thread and had convinced myself that a smc 40c 5200 could fit.

it looks like the rear bulkheads must be relieved a little, but the real question is how anyone fit the front regarding wires that exit upwards from the top left corner of the pack. i don't see how to do this without remove a lot of material in the top plate.

or has anyone shimmed the top plate and raised it to gain clearance?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do you do this to both the front and rear diffs?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yes we are doing both diffs. I had a problem with my spool at the Carpet Nats and Larry told me to run the d-ring on both sides. I did my spool with a dremel and had no problems since. I also am doing my regular diffs now, but had them machined as I wanted them to be a little more accurate.

I could not get a 5200 40C SMC pack to fit in my car. The new 4700 pack should work, but you may have to grind down the humps on the bottom. I have not got my pack to try yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.