Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im a huge fan of the 9550 for conventional cars but if you can have more speed and power without sacrificing why not. I am running a JR 8800 servo right now. Its a little heavier than the 9550, which is good becasue a little more foreward weight in the car seems to help. Also its .03 faster and more powerful than the 9550.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 09-01-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
does anybody having problem on the gearing? It seems this car can't use 3.5 brushless motor, it is way too hot. Unless I can install a larger spur. I already use the smallest pinion pushing the motor to the most right with 128T spur. I think I should use a spur adopter with something like 132 and file the chassis a bit. What do you think? And who makes the adopter for type R?
If you're using a Novak, look into the new 13mm sintered rotor. It's supposed to make gearing the 3.5 motors a lot more reasonable.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
futaba 9550
I've got my PT stuck to the back of my 9550 and wired inside, inline with the servo's power leads. I've been doing it for a month now with no noticeable loss of power to the servo, and without a single missed lap. I had a damaged plug on this PT that left the leads short, so it seemed like a good opportunity to test it. It definitely makes for a cleaner wiring layout. I'm not sure I'd do it at a big race though, just in case. :-)
Old 08-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I've got my PT stuck to the back of my 9550 and wired inside, inline with the servo's power leads. I've been doing it for a month now with no noticeable loss of power to the servo, and without a single missed lap. I had a damaged plug on this PT that left the leads short, so it seemed like a good opportunity to test it. It definitely makes for a cleaner wiring layout. I'm not sure I'd do it at a big race though, just in case. :-)
thats a great idea
Old 08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Im not a huge fan of the 9550, it was great for conventional cars but if you can have more speed and power without sacrificing why not. I am running a JR 8800 servo right now. Its a little heavier than the 9550, which is good becasue a little more foreward weight in the car seems to help. Also its .03 faster and more powerful than the 9550.
Larry, aren't you tempted to try the latest and greatest, the 9000S?
-Adam
Old 09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had a break through day today with my Type R. I was doing a lot of IMing with Schreff and I finally got my car sorted out. Jason gave me a setup to try but it turned out mainly to be a bad servo steering setup on my part when I put the car together originally. I was telling Jason how it reacted and he was telling me to try a few things when the light bulb went off in my head. I am not going into details since it was not the cars fault but the idiot that put it together, that be me. All I can say now is that I am fully enjoying this car for once. This car rocks and I can't wait to run the foam car in LV this year for now that I know how it works on asphalt, I really want to see how on rails it is for carpet, in my hands of course. Thanks again Schreff and I am sure you will be a great help at IIC this year also.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I had a break through day today with my Type R. I was doing a lot of IMing with Schreff and I finally got my car sorted out. Jason gave me a setup to try but it turned out mainly to be a bad servo steering setup on my part when I put the car together originally. I was telling Jason how it reacted and he was telling me to try a few things when the light bulb went off in my head. I am not going into details since it was not the cars fault but the idiot that put it together, that be me. All I can say now is that I am fully enjoying this car for once. This car rocks and I can't wait to run the foam car in LV this year for now that I know how it works on asphalt, I really want to see how on rails it is for carpet, in my hands of course. Thanks again Schreff and I am sure you will be a great help at IIC this year also.
I'm pretty sure I did the same thing. We can join the dee dee dee gang. The car will be a lot better now and much easier to control.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Lord

If two people have done it, maybe you guys could share to make sure others haven't had the same issue?
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

For me is was just not getting the servo centered right and actually using the link between the horn and steering rack as an adjustment also. It basically turned better one way then the other. The old car you could not use the link as an adjustment because it was solid. I plan on changing that later this week so I can get that car right as well. So with the servo really not being on center I was messing with EPA's to get it closer and it was just basically jacked up. I kept blaming the setups for the rear of the car not hooking up when all along it was just too much steering one way and not the other. I believe I also had a gear going bad as well in my servo for it did go out in my second qualifier so I had my wife run home and get my other Type R and took the servo out of it. It was even smoother with a fully functioning servo too. So I just now need to get the replacement plastic gear and my previous servo will be all good again. As I said, it was not a fault of the car but of the idiot that put it together.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

For me is was just not getting the servo centered right and actually using the link between the horn and steering rack as an adjustment also. It basically turned better one way then the other. The old car you could not use the link as an adjustment because it was solid. I plan on changing that later this week so I can get that car right as well. So with the servo really not being on center I was messing with EPA's to get it closer and it was just basically jacked up. I kept blaming the setups for the rear of the car not hooking up when all along it was just too much steering one way and not the other. I believe I also had a gear going bad as well in my servo for it did go out in my second qualifier so I had my wife run home and get my other Type R and took the servo out of it. It was even smoother with a fully functioning servo too. So I just now need to get the replacement plastic gear and my previous servo will be all good again. As I said, it was not a fault of the car but of the idiot that put it together.
Ah, that's understandable. I guess mine is fairly straight, though I think I used steering rods to get it that way rather than the adjustment between the servo and steering rack. The wheels can both turn until they hit the shocks, so presumably it's close enough to be even?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Glad to help.

The carpet setup development has been going extremely well. The setup will cost you.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Lord

How many of you are going to IIC this year? I imagine Schreff, Jason E, and Larry at least, right? Anybody else? I gotta know who to root for other than our lone brave local while I'm talking trash in the chat room.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'l be at the iic as well.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

all this servo talk has me thinking... i develped a "crunchy" spot in my servo (guess that servo saver was a bit tight), so i just rotate the horn one tooth and adjusted the turnbuckle to compensate. since then it seems like i'm always fiddling with the center point on the radio.

time to order new gears for my race servo and my spare and re-do the steering per the book.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i will be in vegas, but only runnin 12th....

would love to run the R but just dont have the time to race a tc..
only 12th, cause there really isnt anything to it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.