Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Arm breakage is Losi's history. They can not design arms for nothing. The Streetweapon, XX4, XXX4, XXX,JRX. All have had arm problems. Some were redesigned with less breakage.

Hopefully they will have arm fixes when the carpet season starts back up.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Arm breakage is Losi's history. They can not design arms for nothing. The Streetweapon, XX4, XXX4, XXX,JRX. All have had arm problems. Some were redesigned with less breakage.

Hopefully they will have arm fixes when the carpet season starts back up.
the only that i've had that broke arms easily was the xxx4 before they fixed them. even the jrxs wasn't soo bad.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just dont hit anything.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

and run a parma bumper.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I finally had my first bad luck with arms breaking, and lost a front and rear. I can't say either hit was particularly spectacular, but both were decent (one brushing a board kinda hard at decent speed, one from getting hit from behind after missing an apex.) Both were incidents that could have been avoided, but I see other cars regularly survive far more punishment without broken parts, so I'm a little disheartened by it. I guess add me to the list of people that hopes something positive happens with the arms, but it's something I can live with in the meantime.

I noticed tonight that you can't run foam tires much lower than about 54.5mm and still make 2mm of uptravel, at least in the rear. The arms will sit on the chassis, which prevents any further upward movement. Maybe that's too small to be running tires anyway, but I'm used to basically taking them down to the rim during club races. Is there something I'm missing, or is that just the way it goes with this car's design?

This car continues to drive like a dream, and go exactly where I want it to, faster than any before it. I hope our guy comes through with a weighted LiPo tray soon, I want to get that weight back down low. A tray weighing around 6oz would be perfect. Losi? :-)

Last edited by syndr0me; 04-24-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is great news for me, as it means there will be many more used foam tire lots. Don't throw them away, save them up and sell on rctech!

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I noticed tonight that you can't run foam tires much lower than about 54.5mm and still make 2mm of uptravel, at least in the rear.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

T. HODGE :

got the parts that you sent over thru trackside (scotty), THANKS A LOT!!!
this car is pretty sweet...

- jason
Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Can anybody out there point me in the right direction to a outdoor set-up, asphalt, rubber tire, med. grip, long straight, flowy layout.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!............... or just follow the set-up that comes w/ the car??

Thanks Guys!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yo Alex, we can give you a hand on sunday if you need it.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Thanks Bro!!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Can anybody out there point me in the right direction to a outdoor set-up, asphalt, rubber tire, med. grip, long straight, flowy layout.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!............... or just follow the set-up that comes w/ the car??

Thanks Guys!
Todd's nationals set up is killer and my boy Dominic has a good one too. I'll try to get them both posted before the end of the day.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Carpet rubber set-up

Looking for a good starting place for CS-27's on ozite. I was thinking about just putting the kit rubber set-up on it to start out with the spool but was wondering if anyone else has tried it. Also the track only allows paragon, does that work ok on rubber.
Thanks,
Justin
Old 04-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jland
Looking for a good starting place for CS-27's on ozite. I was thinking about just putting the kit rubber set-up on it to start out with the spool but was wondering if anyone else has tried it. Also the track only allows paragon, does that work ok on rubber.
Thanks,
Justin
Paragon works awesome on rubber tires/carpet. I hope to try my car out on carpet with rubber tires this weekend, and I am going to start out with the kit rubber tire set up, but with 17.5 lb front springs and a front diff (instead of the spool). For reference though, here is something Keven Hebert from Losi posted earlier about the set up the team ran at the Vegas race:

Rubber Tire Carpet Setup from Vegas (from Keven Hebert)

here is what we ran ( the only thing I can't remember and I can't look on the car is where the ball stud
was on the rear hub )

front :

20 spring 40 oil, 56 piston,
4 degree caster
middle hole on tower
camber link :jr front link , in and up on tower
high roll center
0 degree pivot
one way set to High position
arm spacing middle

Rear :

12.5 spring, 30 oil, 56 piston,
middle hole on tower,
camber link : middle in on tower, I think outside on hub + short ball stud
High roll center
Low rear diff
2 degree pivot
long arm
1/2 rear std hub
arm spacing middle

Dumas ran a type m body while we ran a mazda.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

syndr0me: I learned this past weekend, from another guy that runs this car, that if you cut the excess off the axle that you thread the nuts on to hold the tires, that this will decrease the chance of the arms breaking. Because the axle sticks out further than the rim, which can get caught on a pipe, which leads to the arm being ripped off or broken. Just a little tip. I havent tried it, cause I havent broken an arm yet. hehe
Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Thanks Juan, I will give that s shot. Here is a pic of my brushless layout and my DNA1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.