Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

i just received my type r yesterday, and began building it today. i was disappointed when i got to step 2 and realized i had 2 left front bulkheads in my kit instead of 1 right and 1 left. i was just wondering if anybody else had the wrong parts included in their kit?
Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisD
i just received my type r yesterday, and began building it today. i was disappointed when i got to step 2 and realized i had 2 left front bulkheads in my kit instead of 1 right and 1 left. i was just wondering if anybody else had the wrong parts included in their kit?
Sorry to hear that.

I just finished my car up. I had a couple of small parts that were mixed up, but nothing a quick trip to LHS couldn't fix (a couple of screw wrong length and got all diff d-rings and no round rings ).

Although this stuff is kinda frustrating when I was eager to play with my new toy, I'm overall pleased with the car.. I'm now in process of tuning for rubber tire.

Good luck.. I'm sure Todd (or Horizon???) will get you fixed up as quickly as possible.

Mark
Old 03-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterhit
As soon as I break one of the new arms then I will know for sure...
I should know by now to not say things like this. Luckily it was after the main and I was doing some ack jassin. A few minutes later and I had a set of the old style rear arms mounted up.

Besides that minor technicality I was very happy with the car. It has really started to shine on its second weekend out. The first week I took it a bit easy making sure it wasn't going to fall apart (not do to any inherent weakness in the car mind you) and everything was set-up and working correctly.

This weekend I went for it. Every time I thought I couldn't go any faster I would discover I could drive it harder yet without losing composure. Over the course of the day I made a few changes from the kit set-up and was very happy by the second qualifier. The only changes I made so far from the kit set-up is to go to 25lb springs in the front, and an .050" sway bar in the rear.

Luckily I had a good gage to compare myself to today. Multiple national champion and all around uber fast guy Chuck Lonergan was running as well. We both ran novak 13.5's with sintered rotors all day. Myself with Lipo (platinum at legal weight) and he with killer Power Push IB WC cells. By the second qualifier our fast laps were within .020 seconds. In our third qualifier he finished .17 ahead of me. And I followed this up with a strong second about 3 seconds behind his 007 with him getting the "bonus" lap.

I could go on forever about how comfortable I am becoming with the Type R with such little track time. I have yet to actually run a full practice run with the car. Just 6 qualifiers, and two mains with it. Once I get some more time I can only see it getting faster, and if possible more consistent.

They say great race cars are not revolutionary, but evolutionary. And the Type R fits this well. I had a definite soft spot for the original, even with some of the quirks that could make it a challenge at times. Losi has truly evolved an every mans fast car.

Mike Slaughter

BTW, at the end of the day we compared roll outs. Oddly enough we both arrived at nearly identical roll outs. Me with a 1.38, and Chuck with a 1.40.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterhit
BTW, at the end of the day we compared roll outs. Oddly enough we both arrived at nearly identical roll outs. Me with a 1.38, and Chuck with a 1.40.
With the sintered rotor? Foams on carpet? Wow. I roll out around 1.65. Maybe that's why it's fading by the end of the race. At least fans are easy to mount in this car.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well, about 12hours after the car arrived, I've just finished building my Type-R. Took some photos during the build (had a few small issues, and one large one), but as it's late over here, I'm off to bed.
I'll post my thoughts etc on the build tomorrow, along with the pics.
Overall though, impressed

Ed
Old 03-31-2007, 07:06 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by ChrisD

Drop me a line at [email protected] and I will be sure to get you the correct parts out.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
With the sintered rotor? Foams on carpet? Wow. I roll out around 1.65. Maybe that's why it's fading by the end of the race. At least fans are easy to mount in this car.
Yup, foams on carpet both with sintered rotors. However our straight is a bit short. I would guesstimate about 70'ish. Mine was coming off at about 127 deg. as measured at the center of the can with no fans. Chuck was running one fan on the center of the can.

Mike Slaughter
Old 03-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mike:

Hi,

Your JRXS-R looked good today. to bad I couldn't stay for the mains. for only having 8 full runs and a short practice on it it looks close to being there already. Chuck was coming off at 140+ while I was there. but you know why.
your car was better in the infield and at the end of the sweeper. he was better on the back side of the track.
now you got me thinking about a Losi....

Thanks

Tim
Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimXLB
Mike:

Hi,

Your JRXS-R looked good today.....................................
now you got me thinking about a Losi....

Don't think, Just get one
Old 03-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

alright, i picked up my car tonight. i'm gonna build it tomorrow.

are the shocks completely the same as the jrxs? i *just* rebuilt them and it'd be nice to have extra shocks.

also, does the spektrum pro transmitter work with the original style receivers? i picked up a spektrum pro setup to go with the new car, i wanted the smaller receiver and my old module had some antenna issues and is out of warranty... i want to put the old receiver in my xxx4.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Korpy:

Hi,

I know. but indoors is almost done and offroad starts in 3 or 4 weeks. and then I'll have to thin out livery some too.
I'll end up with one sooner or later. Mike's is making me want one NOW tho.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Got my Type R on the track today - rubber tires on asphalt. Built the car to the specs in the instruction book, it was pretty good right out of the box. However, the car seemed a little lazy in the front...wanted to dive and roll in every turn. There are a bunch of things I could try - stiffer front spring, stand the shock up, increase the front shock oil, anti-dive, etc...but I was hoping someone on here had the same problem and could point me to the solution before I start adjusting everything. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimXLB
Mike's is making me want one NOW tho.
Of course you want one. And just think, as fast as Mini was with a Xray, what would he do with a Losi!? Now, if they could just make an offroad buggy as kewl as the type R......
Old 03-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Lost Aggresiva:

Hi,

you know Mini was asking who all was still racing today..... maybe I can get him back into it with a new car!!!!!
and Pat will just be thrilled with that too. as long as it doesn't interfere with his work/school I'd be really happy. Mike needs someone to chase him around the track. besides you.. when you get your R.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ground-round
Got my Type R on the track today - rubber tires on asphalt. Built the car to the specs in the instruction book, it was pretty good right out of the box. However, the car seemed a little lazy in the front...wanted to dive and roll in every turn. There are a bunch of things I could try - stiffer front spring, stand the shock up, increase the front shock oil, anti-dive, etc...but I was hoping someone on here had the same problem and could point me to the solution before I start adjusting everything. Thanks.
i'd try stiffer a spring first since it's easier to change.

btw, the build setup is for carpet / foam. there's a setup in the back of the manual that's for asphalt / rubber.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.