Wiki Posts
Search

New Protoform body: DNA1: For Racing Only

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SammyXp
Granted. So long as the cost savings of not having a registered mark are passed on to help racers on tight budgets (aren't we all?), then I can support that. But are they really any cheaper?
While I am not sure if Protoform plans a price reduction (I doubt it as when is the last time you seen that from anyone?) The retail on the DNA is 1.00 cheaper.....while 1.00 is not much it is something. Im sure it will take a while for Protoform to recoupe some of the money they spent on License fee's the past few years.

Im sure if Dale happens to read this thread he will Post his thoughts. Dale is truely one of the nicest and most pasionate people in racing.

EA
Old 09-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well since a sedan sized body has cost us the same for the past ten years, I'm fine with the manufacturers making a little more profit now.

And on the scale realism thing. I dont race a model of a race car, it is an actual race car. If I wanted a replica, I'd check out something in the Tamiya line. I have never seen any purpose built R/C race car 1/8th scale or smaller look anything like their full size counterpart. I am fine with that.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Well since a sedan sized body has cost us the same for the past ten years, I'm fine with the manufacturers making a little more profit now.

And on the scale realism thing. I dont race a model of a race car, it is an actual race car. If I wanted a replica, I'd check out something in the Tamiya line. I have never seen any purpose built R/C race car 1/8th scale or smaller look anything like their full size counterpart. I am fine with that.
I am not sure what retail was on a sedan body when protoform first started making it but I do know that the Oval bodies where 19.95 retail years ago. Now they are 26.00 retail..all because of the greedy car maker's and their license agents.

EA
Old 09-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry, I didnt look at retail. All I know is when ever I have gone into the LHS to buy a body, it has cost me right around $20 a body.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rayhuang
That sounds like the makings of its own thread!!! I couldnt agree more!!
I just had an idea about bringing down the cost of racing. I was thinking about fullsize spec racing and what they do to keep costs down. Claimer Rules!

Think about this. $50 and you can claim one of the top 3 guys battery, $35 and you can claim their motor. I think it would be up to individual clubs to set their own prices and get this up and running, but it would keep people from running $75 packs at local races.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
While I am not sure if Protoform plans a price reduction (I doubt it as when is the last time you seen that from anyone?) The retail on the DNA is 1.00 cheaper.....while 1.00 is not much it is something. Im sure it will take a while for Protoform to recoupe some of the money they spent on License fee's the past few years.

Im sure if Dale happens to read this thread he will Post his thoughts. Dale is truely one of the nicest and most pasionate people in racing.

EA
He did: Here..
Old 09-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Here's my new DNA1...still needs a few sponsor decals. Sorry for the dark pics.

Last edited by Core Creations; 07-22-2008 at 05:51 PM.