Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

heres some pics from the manual
Attached Thumbnails Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-sp3-xt-9.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-sp3-xt-17.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-sp3-xt-19.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-sp3-xt-20.jpg  
Old 06-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

for anybody who hasen't been around since the old days before touring race cars existed (r/c or full size), PAN CARS WERE BALLISTIC! That was then, with 1700 sce batteries where the high voltage was 1.17 and they used 12 turn motors and literally dump after the finish line, and thats while being line-charged on the track the instant before the race. They would eat todays touring car alive on a prepared track with traction compound and foam tires. Using todays 3800's with 1.22 volts and no runtime issues and todays more powerful motors and lower winds would be like making modified touring car the novice class. 1/12 on asphalt was 6 cell back then as well - and that class was just insane.

on a unprepared track, yeah a 4wd toruing car with treaded tires would be easier. On a prepared track, no way, pan car would kill those pig touring cars.

I for one would love to see Barry Baker wheel around with pancar again.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

SP3 XT OPTIONED
Attached Thumbnails Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-sp3-xt.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-sp3-xtoptioned.jpg  
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone else notice it has a Mechanical Speed Control????
Old 06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i can't find any info on that full optioned car...
Old 06-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Take a look at where the reciever is mounted, there;s a servo under it and linkage going to the black bos on the right side... I didn't think anymore still made a mechanical speed controller, they are really looking for the newbie here....
Old 06-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I guarantee you that my RC10L3T with a 19 turn spec motor will keep up with your 7 turn TC if not pass it.... There is no need to run a low wind motor in a pan car unless you are looking for balistic speeds...
I would agree...absolutely, 19T 10th scale pan car should not be any slower then current TC with low-wind motor..........my concern is these D-drive car with rubber tires and 2WD.........on typical semi-prep track, their traction might be a issue for low wind motor....

I don't know about other track, but the local track here, designed for 1/8th on road racing....runing stock motor is like watching paint dry.....19T is the minimium...and MOD is super fun. If allowing D-drive to race against (which I think it is totally fair) typical TC.....with same low wind motor and rubber tires, I am worry the D-drive cannot handle as good as the typical 4WD TC...on the straight I think they could easily outrum the typical TC but cornering might be a concern...

I think the best solution is I buy one of this....GTB 4.5 (or even 3.5) with Li-PO....and see how good (or how bad) these D-drive is.....against typical TC.

I have talked to a lot of EP racer....none of them think these D-drive thing will fly...........but I bet the different, as long as these company keep developing this design, I think that will be the next generation of TC suppose to be.............may be allowing FOAM to run for open mod class, then I really think the typical 4WD TC will not have a chance at all.

P.S...I like this D-drive simply because it is more PAN-CAR related....F103GT is like only for stick packs...

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 06-27-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the thing.... Many got into the hobby when TC's became popular and are still pretty much newbies to the hobby... They don't have any recollection of how fast a pan car really is.

TC's were origionaly toy parking lot bashing cars, they've now become overengineered nighmares to many people... TC's have made Oval racing look cheap....

You just have to drive very differently, but it's like that with a real car 2wd vs awd also... You need to finesse the throttle off the line, not just floor it...
Old 06-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

It is funny that so many people beleive pan car design is outdated and wont perform against the new generation of 4wd.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At the local track there's a guy who is running a AE pan car with a TC body as a second car for fun. Compared to his xray T2 he does 1 or 2 laps more per race with the pan car. Both running stock motors (p2k2 I think). It's clearly quicker than the T2.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

performance, when is academy going to release the pro version of the xt?

Last edited by tallyrc; 06-30-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Like I said, the majority of th tc racers got into this hobby because of the awd tc's, they don't know any better. I'm currently at the new England grand prix, how cool would it be to run 3 classes at the same time like the alms.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Did any of you guys know that CRC makes a 1/10 DD touring car? It's called the Pantoura(sp?) I used to own a carpet track and with my 10L2 I was 2 to 3 laps faster with a stock motor than what everyone else was in 19 TC (with foams) From what I had seen the wider 10L2's were faster than the 190 pan cars..CRC, 10L3 touring, On a parking lot track the 235mm cars are hooked up if the track is prepared. The biggest reason why pan cars died in the first place is they are not to good on dirty parking lots and rough streets..Sorta like the new generation of TC's..I dont know about you guys but I'm NOT going to take my $450+ TC in the streets to bash.. I guess the sad thing is a pan car with low tech is faster than our hi tech TC's.. I doubt that Associated would start making the 10L2 again..It's very easy on parts and they dont cost much..Not a good way to make money.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Did any of you guys know that CRC makes a 1/10 DD touring car? It's called the Pantoura(sp?) I used to own a carpet track and with my 10L2 I was 2 to 3 laps faster with a stock motor than what everyone else was in 19 TC (with foams) From what I had seen the wider 10L2's were faster than the 190 pan cars..CRC, 10L3 touring, On a parking lot track the 235mm cars are hooked up if the track is prepared. The biggest reason why pan cars died in the first place is they are not to good on dirty parking lots and rough streets..Sorta like the new generation of TC's..I dont know about you guys but I'm NOT going to take my $450+ TC in the streets to bash.. I guess the sad thing is a pan car with low tech is faster than our hi tech TC's.. I doubt that Associated would start making the 10L2 again..It's very easy on parts and they dont cost much..Not a good way to make money.

I think I posted about the CRC, I'm on my BlackBerry, takes me too long to go back and look.

You are absolutely right about the companies making no money on spares and hop-ups, they rarely break. The only hop-up I have done is replacing the shocks for the crc ones with the screw on caps.

Speaking of running tc's on a parking lot. I'm at a hotel and I brought my TC3 and yokomo SD with me. They have become my parking lot cars and because they are both tub cars I'm not worried about messing up a CF chassis. No way would I run my Xray on a crappy lot.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

No news yet of release of the pro version.
Will be posted here as soon as there is more news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.