ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

AHAHAh and i thought MY email was stuffing me around..
Looks like i will have to upload those pics again

So Dave G is a part of MRC Academy over there? welcome!

Just about to take a STR4 and Velox XT down to the Kambah track for a play/test.
Gonna help rebirth this track and club, its only 5 minutes down the road but needs some work.
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-1.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-2.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-3.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-4.jpg  
Old 07-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Got some big Academy stickers that will find there way on the drivers stand
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-kambah-drivers-stand.jpg  
Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Large stickers?? what happen to the naked women idea with Academy stickers on them as planned before?? I thought that was a great idea?? You could always toss some on heavy and let him flag people in??
No serioulsy the stickers are a greaat idea, wich i had a banner here locally, we have xray, team associated, and tamiya and maybe a hpi not sure. I think he doesnt race any more. Its funny how people and drivers come and go,, wow, have i seen tons go....

Well good luck with the str and xt ....

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc.com
Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I need to visit Au again soon!!!!! Your outside track there in the pic looks fast with not much tech at all! I would love to race on something like that...What ya run like a 7 turn???? and 35 shore tires? I bet a brushless would be nice on it as well.

Start dinner I am on my way over!<LOL>

Old 07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Academy
Large stickers?? what happen to the naked women idea with Academy stickers on them as planned before?? I thought that was a great idea?? You could always toss some on heavy and let him flag people in??
No serioulsy the stickers are a greaat idea, wich i had a banner here locally, we have xray, team associated, and tamiya and maybe a hpi not sure. I think he doesnt race any more. Its funny how people and drivers come and go,, wow, have i seen tons go....

Well good luck with the str and xt ....

leave me out of the naked lady idea - could bring on a heart attack.

A banner would be good - not too large as to be unweildy just about 70 x 110 would be the perfect size to hang off the trackside pitspace.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Bob ...why dont you see if you can get a banner from MRC Academy like the ones we got.
Its hard to get chicks naked in this weather , i rekon its going to snow today!
Heavy ill send you up one of these banners if you think you could display it.?
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-rob-simon-ed.jpg  
Old 07-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure if I can pull that one off or not about the banner, It would be nice however to take to the races here however, I'll offer to give my left leg and see what happens. I need my arms and hands to drive

Hey PerformanceRC??? Heavy just emailed me and said he would go into the street bare butt and all with the banner around him GO ACADEMY!!!!

B'
Old 07-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well finally finished and mounted my other body, Hey I'm getting pretty quick these days!! The cars colors actually blend very well, All headlights, tailights, grill and graphics are all air brushed and outlined in a bright silver. A little hard to see due to my lighting in the house. I run all 40watt bulbs in my entire house so with that in mind?? the lighting for pictures are not all that great but?? here ya go. I'll take some more outside maybe if weather looks good. Just had 89 mph winds just blow through the Midwest and major rain here!

B"
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-100_0348.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-100_0350.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-100_0349.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-100_0360.jpg  
Old 07-19-2006, 08:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Team Academy
Hey PerformanceRC??? Heavy just emailed me and said he would go into the street bare butt and all with the banner around him GO ACADEMY!!!!

B'
All lies - I would do a lot for Academy but have to draw the line somewhere.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

You got snow yet PerformanceRC?? We got some serious winds lastnight, like 89 mph blowing and some rain as well. Power lines, water mains and building damage as well. I just sat around and messed with the car body lastnight...

I am however a little upset? Our local track since we have had about 103 heat index? will not be open all this weekend. I suppose I will be going to the state of IL and visit some different tracks. Its good I guess. I like seeing what this car does on other tracks.

PS!!! Hey have you got those Team1rc.com motors yet???????
Old 07-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

No snow yet , just a bit of rain and wind
Still waiting on shipment on Team1RC!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well were making headline here with winds and all the damage! I have this really large pit outside when I cook for all my friends? The huge lid on it blew right off! Is is prob around 10 pounds and 3 feet wide! Right now it is basically the same wind speed as I type today, rain flying in with hail, high winds and gust. Its comes and goes!!!

If ya need me to drop ya a snowblower let me know, <LOL>..

B'

OH, I got that info for ya to about those itmes?? I'll email it to ya.....and Stay warm we are,,,97* right now!
Old 07-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds pretty nasty over there.
Hey Bob have you done anything about weight reduction?
Im interested to see how long it will tgake to ship those magazines.
We will have the new options here in a few weeks time, they look good, cant wait to upgrade.
Send me that email
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-hottest-academy1.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-hottest-academy2.jpg  
Old 07-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

As for weight? yes, I have a few ideas but wnat to drop on the new graphite pieces first. I'll also drop ya a email as well. Its funny how we do not have these items yet. I guess due to we are in the states<LOL> and not in Au where the market will possibly better due to brands there. Here its what is popular everyone goes with, or so it seems.

You'll laugh at some picts I am going to drop ya via email.

B"
Old 07-24-2006, 02:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hi Guys, had a mixed weekend of racing at the Logan Winter Cup at a local Brisbane track.

Saturday I raced nitro and made the A final, but only just - qualified 10th. After teh 20 minute final I finished up 5th which I was very happy about. Man those 20 minute races are draining. I was trying to use up a heap of old foams during qualifying but they just wouldn't hook up - too old I reckon so I ended up going to rubbers for the final - Sorex 36. Boy a 20 minute final sure does heat up the rubbers, had to back off a bit around teh 15 minute mark to cool them down. Anyway with teh help of my super pit crew got a good result.

Sunday I raced Stock with the STR4 and had another mixed day. I ran a Monster which was the best of the motors I had left and it wasn't too bad but nothing special. Again ended up in the A final which I was ecstatic about. Earlier in the day when I looked at the assembled talent in stock I wasn't over confident about my chances.
After an ordinary finals performance from me I had a 5th, 7th, and 9th and ran out 8th overall.

The car was very good (got the oneway parts thanks Ed), has incredible grip through the high speed turns. I still want to try some roll bars and different springs yet and it certainly is overweight (1594gr in a 1520gr class wt limit) so will be trying to get that down soon.

Fortunately we just have club meets for the next few weeks so will have more time to try some different settings etc for some improvements - but overall for a box stock kit I am still very impressed.

Last edited by heavy; 07-25-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.