Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Masters age change?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The masters class was the only thing keeping me from getting depressed about turning 40 a few weeks ago.........

Keep it 40!!! Please!
Old 06-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manning
The masters class was the only thing keeping me from getting depressed about turning 40 a few weeks ago.........

Keep it 40!!! Please!
The other thing to keep your chin up about ...the "rubber glove test" at the doctors office ain't till you're 50 now (well at least at Kaiser here in Roseville).
Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Manning,

I know the feeling. About to turn 40 in September. At least that would give me the option to run in a class that doesn't contain some hotshot kid that drives with no conscience. Let's hope that the limit will continue to be age 40 to enter the exclusive club.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Does anyone know if this proposed age change:

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...unJul_2006.pdf

Page 8 --- also affects electric onroad? i.e. is it for all masters classes or just fuel onraod?
You're just skeered because I turn 40 this year!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
oops...... thought you were up there with me already
Howie lies!! We all know he's 60.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Howie lies!! We all know he's 60.
easy there GIMP BOY!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard hudson
easy there GIMP BOY!!!!
Yeah, I'm a gimp right now. But that can be fixed. You'll always be old!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dang, 20something more years till i get to be in masters
Old 06-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Is roar still a club. This should be voted on. Or we being told this is what is going to be done. club = vote.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gotyournumber
Is roar still a club. This should be voted on. Or we being told this is what is going to be done. club = vote.
I don't know what the "process" is?? According to the current revup online it is an "On Road Fuel Class proposed rule change beeing sent to the executive committee for evaluation" ...don't know what that means? That the excom will say "sounds good make it so" ..or "sounds good, put it on a ballot" ...no idea, maybe some ROAR peeps reading this can comment on what this means, and more to the point of my post here ...does it or will it affect Electric On Road
Old 06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Consider it being commented on....

I am on the on-road fuel com. The rule proposal is only meant on-road fuel racers. So elect guys... take a breather. This idea was bounced around in the fuel com which was then sent to the ex com for approval. If the ex com doesn't like it, they will deny it. If they like it, it will likely go into print for '07.

The reason this suggested rule change came about is that most of the nations top on-road fuel drivers are reaching their 40's and are not dropping from competition or getting slower in their abilities. Actually, most are getting faster. With the exception of Josh and Mikey, all of your other nat's title contenders are very near 40. We felt the time was right to move the age limit up.

Elect guys seem to be in their prime in the mid 20's. Yet there are still so many talented drivers of all ages that still routinely put it on the podium. I will stop now before someone gets twisted out of shape about age.

BTW; I am 40 and only getting faster.

bb
Old 06-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Masters

Not sure what all the hubbub is all about? Most tracks force us old guys to run with the young blood anyway? Club or regional races?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000

I am on the on-road fuel com. The rule proposal is only meant on-road fuel racers. So elect guys... take a breather. This idea was bounced around in the fuel com which was then sent to the ex com for approval. If the ex com doesn't like it, they will deny it. If they like it, it will likely go into print for '07.

The reason this suggested rule change came about is that most of the nations top on-road fuel drivers are reaching their 40's and are not dropping from competition or getting slower in their abilities. Actually, most are getting faster. With the exception of Josh and Mikey, all of your other nat's title contenders are very near 40. We felt the time was right to move the age limit up.

Elect guys seem to be in their prime in the mid 20's. Yet there are still so many talented drivers of all ages that still routinely put it on the podium. I will stop now before someone gets twisted out of shape about age.

bb
kewl ...thx!!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000

bb
How about a Grandfather clause for guys that have been running Masters for 3 years already?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Slap o master-You're only 40???
I thought you were a LOT older than that!
Sorry Brian, just had to do that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.