Search

TCS 24-Degree Stock Motor Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default TCS 24-Degree Stock Motor Help

Exactly what the title says I guess. I am going to enter GT2 in the Tamiya Championship series this summer and need some help picking out a good motor. Right now I have an Epic EP1112 stock motor, but I am not sure if that is what's best for the Tamiya Factory track. I am new to picking out a motor based on torque or RPM and such. If this is a good base motor though, what effects do different brushes and springs have on torque and RPM(i know softer spring means more rpm and stiff means more torque, but what about brushes?)?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

go with a CO-27 and F-brush
Old 05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation STOCK MOTOR FOR TCS!

I think your best bet if you want to be competitive you should go with one of the many motor builders and buy your motor from them. EA, BRood, Axiom, Express, Brahama,etc,etc. The motors will be tuned and tested to it's peak potential. Then just replace the brushes with the ones that are in the motor. Most racers are using CO-27's or the new Monster motors. Although some of the older TRinity monsters and EPIC's work well also. As long as it's geared right these motors will give you a good amount of torque and RPM's.
There are several stock motors in the market and many will work just fine, but you will have to come up with your own brush-spring combo on your own. This all takes time and money, so that's why your better off buying a tuned motor that has the proper spring, brush combo already, so there will be no time spent guessing what to use and possibly burning up motors in the process. Ask any racers and I'm sure they will tell you the same thing, assuming they are being honest with you!
Good luck and see you at TCS!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by maxepower
I think your best bet if you want to be competitive you should go with one of the many motor builders and buy your motor from them. EA, BRood, Axiom, Express, Brahama,etc,etc. The motors will be tuned and tested to it's peak potential. Then just replace the brushes with the ones that are in the motor. Most racers are using CO-27's or the new Monster motors. Although some of the older TRinity monsters and EPIC's work well also. As long as it's geared right these motors will give you a good amount of torque and RPM's.
There are several stock motors in the market and many will work just fine, but you will have to come up with your own brush-spring combo on your own. This all takes time and money, so that's why your better off buying a tuned motor that has the proper spring, brush combo already, so there will be no time spent guessing what to use and possibly burning up motors in the process. Ask any racers and I'm sure they will tell you the same thing, assuming they are being honest with you!
Good luck and see you at TCS!
good post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:29 PM
AWK
Tech Master

What do you mean by the brushes in those motors? Do you have the website for any of those motors?
Old 06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Cool RE: Motor builders brush choice!

Each motor builder tends to prefer a certain brush depending on the motor.

So whatever motor builder you choose they will use a particular brush, so when it's time to replace the brushes, use the ones that was in that particular motor!
That's what I meant. I hope I made myself clear.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:36 PM
AWK
Tech Master

No, that makes perfect sense now. Do you have a site where I could find these motors?
Old 06-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
No, that makes perfect sense now. Do you have a site where I could find these motors?
http://www.teameamotorsports.com

Eric Anderson is the owner and builder of the motors.