Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 REEDY RACE

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

marc no longer uses ko helios/ah product??? is he curently sponsored by airtronics.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalLosiRacer
littleZEN,
EXIF data shows the pictures were taken with a 30D. Am I right to assume that this is you?

Doh!!!! Busted....

I like to keep a low-pro...but thanks to hebiki-san here my identity is now known ....

and by the way...why the heck do you have photo of me...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Good to see pics of Kinwald's car on the track.... I guess he is feeling much better and is back to full time Racing... right?!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STEALTH
Good to see pics of Kinwald's car on the track.... I guess he is feeling much better and is back to full time Racing... right?!
Is is feeling better and will hopfully stay feeling better so that he can start racing more again.... It was Great to have him back at the track!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
littlezen: Those are awesome photos, thanks for posting them. Wish I was that good! do you shoot professional for someone/someplace?
Nope...not shooting for anyone...just for myself and for those who can't make it out to the race

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Josh Numan
Not a problem.....But yea he was upset about Hara using new tires in that one.
Im stuck kinda in the middle of the whole Marc/Hara thing as well.....Hara and I are CheckPoint, Marc and I are both Tamiya,,,So Im not trying to take sides just trying to make sure everyone thats assuming things actually can get true facts. Not trying to offend anyone...
josh, we cant really feel bad for you for having Marc and Hara as teammates!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Is is feeling better and will hopfully stay feeling better so that he can start racing more again.... It was Great to have him back at the track!!!

That's great news Josh! Hope he does stay better! By the way, this is Ish... we met and hungout a bit at last year's Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout and at the Off-Road Mod Nats at RC Madness!

I guess your now taking a break from Off-Road... or will we see you guys develop and seriously race a competitive Off-Roader at Tamiya?! Hope things went well for you at the Reedy Race bro!

Last edited by STEALTH; 05-30-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
josh, we cant really feel bad for you for having Marc and Hara as teammates!
I know what your saying, Just hard cause im stuck between wanting Hara and wanting Marc to win. So ive decided neither of them will win again if im at the race,,,ill just win!!!! J/K!!!!

Stealth....Whats up how have you been? Im Just taking a lil break from off road right now but ill be running AE cars and a Tamiya 4wd really soon as well!!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Stealth....Whats up how have you been? Im Just taking a lil break from off road right now but ill be running AE cars and a Tamiya 4wd really soon as well!!
I'm good... thanks for asking! Bravo on the new Off-Road rides!!! Maybe I'll see you again at Hot Rod's in July then! Take it easy and take care! Best of luck with the new kits!

Last edited by STEALTH; 05-30-2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:00 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Just finished capturing that final race, it is encoding right now and should have it uploaded in about 30 minutes.

After watching the race a few times, I can pretty confidently say that nothing looked intentional whatsoever. I think the post-race debate is far more heated than the race itself was... haha

On the final hit where Marc pulled the car, Marc came in too hard under Hara and could not brake in time, whereas Hara was simply running his line and closing the door on the would-be pass. As Hara was on the jets and Marc was still braking when the contact was made, Hara's car held its line and Marc's got spun, then he got T-boned from behind and pulled it.

The race was actually decided much earlier when the two collided in the sweeper and Barry and Hupo got by again when Marc waited for Hara. Even without the later incident, Hara was not gonna catch them unless they screwed up, but both Barry and Hupo were flawless from that point forward. Marc got the overall win and Hara finished a very respectable second, and although I know winning is everything, I don't think one person at the track would disagree that Hara deserved a win just as much as Marc. Both were nearly flawless all weekend long...but somebody's gotta win.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

is anyone doing a DVD of the Reedy Race like last year as someone who dosnt live anywhere near (New Zealand) where they have big races with lots of the worlds best drivers, i love watching the DVD footage as i am sure many others are. I am looking forward to the next lot of race DVD's keep them coming (pse, pse, pse)
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Doh!!!! Busted....

I like to keep a low-pro...but thanks to hebiki-san here my identity is now known ....

and by the way...why the heck do you have photo of me...
When I go out to shoot something, I tend to take pictures of others who are there photographing the event as well. Don't ask - I'm just a bit odd.

It was nice meeting you. I talked to you little bit... I had the 20D and 70-200 f4l. Nice pictures! I like them.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:40 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Invite Race 32 video:
http://www.ampdraw.com/video/2006ree...ite32_divx.avi

This is about a 58MB download, so right click and save as to view it. The file is screwed up, and jumps around a bit later on; I didn't have the time to do a proper encode tonight, I'll redo it tomorrow. It's uploading as I type this so if you try to download it right this moment, you won't get the whole thing.

Also, this requires DivX (www.divx.com) if you don't already have the codec installed.

Hope this entertains someone.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thanks Shane, we appreciate your hard work. Also to the guys who posted all the great photos thanks to you as well. Did anyone manage to snag a few photos of the cars in the pits, without bodies on.

Steve
Old 05-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
He does not need to flame you. What you said is correct other than the fact that the agreement was broken.

Of course this is Marc's fault. We are not just friends racing around the parking lot. There is a lot of money at stake for drivers and sponsors. "Gentlemen's" agreements will not work and in my opinion should never be made.
Told ya!

I'm already getting hate mails and he's threatening me with his lawyer

It's a beautiful hobby, ain't it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.