Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, MD and Charlie!

I can't wait to see how this set-up works at Pound It in the 17.5!

on another note... anyone know what weight the stock green shock oil is? or what degree the stock tires are?

Thanks again,
AJ
Old 09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I don't know, but if you go to the Hot Bodies website and ask them that question on their support email, they usually get back to you quickly.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

i'm thinking about getting back in to 1/10 EP tc this winter...

do you think this car can be competitive in a 17.5 class?

i have the money to spend on a $500 tc, but if i can save $$, why not, right?

i'll probably be running this with my mamba max and trakpower lipos. fyi

thank in advance.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC
i'm thinking about getting back in to 1/10 EP tc this winter...

do you think this car can be competitive in a 17.5 class?

i have the money to spend on a $500 tc, but if i can save $$, why not, right?

i'll probably be running this with my mamba max and trakpower lipos. fyi

thank in advance.
Asphalt or Carpet?
Old 09-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

indoor carpet, most likely.

are there pros and cons for this car when comparing asphalt/carpet?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC
indoor carpet, most likely.

are there pros and cons for this car when comparing asphalt/carpet?
I've never run carpet, so I can't help you there.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

So how is it on asphalt, then?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yea, how is it on asphault? My friend is looking to get into the hobby with me(i've only run a couple races myself) because hes heard about how fun it is to race at my local track. I had been searching for the right car for him for a while- completely rtr, low price, and competitive, and i think the S is the answer. He seems on board with the car (tho he doesn't really know what to look for in a car) and i do to. He would be racing on asphalt outdoors and theres no hobby shops that carry parts for HB in my area i don't think. Does this car break easily stock? could it compete at all in the novice class at my local track? Is it easy to tune? and in general, how is it stock lol.
Thanks,Dan
Old 09-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

^ by the way, we're talking about a 14 or 15 year old that is on a tight budget that would slowly upgrade to the aluminum parts over time
Old 09-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

On asphalt the tub is a good car. The lower traction as compared to carpet and foams play into the hand of the tub chassis. I'm assuming your running rubber tires. The Cyclone is easy to work on and tune. It's been a while since I had a Cyclone, but I loved mine and wish I'd kept it. TC4Racer123 in stock racing, that is 27 turn or 17.5 turn, aluminum is not desirable as it weighs more then it's plastic counter parts. The nice thing about the Cyclone S is that all of the Cyclone TC hop ups will fit it. So over time you can add parts that help you tune the car to your liking more. Things like spools and one ways are a direct fit into the S version.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MonkeyFist
On asphalt the tub is a good car. The lower traction as compared to carpet and foams play into the hand of the tub chassis. I'm assuming your running rubber tires. The Cyclone is easy to work on and tune. It's been a while since I had a Cyclone, but I loved mine and wish I'd kept it. TC4Racer123 in stock racing, that is 27 turn or 17.5 turn, aluminum is not desirable as it weighs more then it's plastic counter parts. The nice thing about the Cyclone S is that all of the Cyclone TC hop ups will fit it. So over time you can add parts that help you tune the car to your liking more. Things like spools and one ways are a direct fit into the S version.
I'm not saying he'd take the whole thing purple, but he'd probably replace some parts that break most often, and the novice class is 13.5 but 17.5s are allowed. Stock is it going fast enough to break parts easily or are the parts easily broken?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TC4Racer123
I'm not saying he'd take the whole thing purple, but he'd probably replace some parts that break most often, and the novice class is 13.5 but 17.5s are allowed. Stock is it going fast enough to break parts easily or are the parts easily broken?
The only weak part that I encountered was the stock C hubs were brittle. That was a long time ago, so maybe they have changed the C hub material. I didn't drive the Cyclone that long so I didn't have time to break that many parts. Good news is that Hot Bodies stuff is usually easy to get.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

The only weak part that I encountered was the stock C hubs were brittle. That was a long time ago, so maybe they have changed the C hub material. I didn't drive the Cyclone that long so I didn't have time to break that many parts. Good news is that Hot Bodies stuff is usually easy to get.
Well we don't have any hobby shops that carry HB in the area i don't think.. maybe one, i'll have to check. maybe those would be a good part to have in aluminum (if they make aluminum c hubs)
Old 09-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TC4Racer123
Well we don't have any hobby shops that carry HB in the area i don't think.. maybe one, i'll have to check. maybe those would be a good part to have in aluminum (if they make aluminum c hubs)
Well there is a good bad bad to aluminum. It is durable but expensive, and once it gets bent, it's junk. I'd rather have a bunch of plastic replacements that are cheap, the one expensive part.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Well there is a good bad bad to aluminum. It is durable but expensive, and once it gets bent, it's junk. I'd rather have a bunch of plastic replacements that are cheap, the one expensive part.
But an aluminum part is not as likely to break in the middle of a race.. I couldn't find out if the other hobby store has HB parts or not from their website because their website is garbage.. If it doesn't he's going to need to buy some parts online and just have them when he needs them. if he does this, what kind of parts should he buy? or to put it diferently, what breaks the most, other than the c hubs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.