US Indoor Champs 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Indoor Champs 2006

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

The layout last year was awesome in my opinion. Challenging the way road courses should be. The only thing bad was the bumps. Also Ian and John both are among the few best announcers out there. As far as the race goes, im not saying there isnt a few things that need work.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Warner,
I was running the Hyperform FK05, Chad Cunningham was running the HPI.
My car worked awsome, me well thats another story
Old 05-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have always liked what Terry has come up with for the layout. It is always different. The track I used to run at (it moved) had lanes about the same width or a little narrower so when I get to Cleveland it feels like my sedan has a ton of room. I also do not like the bumps, but they have always been there and with all of the cars that run on it you might as well expect them. Just my .02
Old 05-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There's a race in Cleveland? Over Thanksgiving?
Old 05-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Who would have a race on Thanksgiving... thats wierd!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vanwag
didnt you used to race RC cars??
Old 05-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by vanwag
From what I understand, when this race first started everything began on Friday, since everyone was off work that day too. When the entries grew, they had to stretch it to Thursday and now they even have practice on Wednesday afternoon.

I got to race in the Champs from 1988-1992. Now with married life, I probably never will again.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

I went to the Champs for the first (and last time) in 2004. As a newbie to the event I had quite a few questions - questions that were never addressed on the "official" Indoor Champs website or in the packet that was sent to my house. Every race official I talked to was a complete jackass. They were either annoyed that I was asking them, didn't know or didn't care. When I dared to approach the guys at the scoring booth I was completely ignored until one guy barked-out "go find Mr. Bill." When I did finally catch up with the Grand-Poobah Mr. Bill, he, again was very annoyed that I was asking him questions. Guess what - you don't want people asking questions how 'bout having some useful information on that joke you call a website.

P.S. EA don't talk about customer service at a big race...I came up to you at the On-Road Nats in Tampa last year with a simple question about brushes and you were on your high-horse too. You're too busy tuning motors for guys who get them for free to bother with the guy who pays retail who keeps you in business. Not trying to hate on you...you're actually pretty cool (I met you for the first time at the Superior Hobbies race last month) but c'mon dude. "Pot, meet kettle."

See you guys in Vegas!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rayhuang
didnt you used to race RC cars??
Yeah... Calandra kept kicking my a$$ so I quit for a little while.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by ground-round
P.S. EA don't talk about customer service at a big race...I came up to you at the On-Road Nats in Tampa last year with a simple question about brushes and you were on your high-horse too. You're too busy tuning motors for guys who get them for free to bother with the guy who pays retail who keeps you in business. Not trying to hate on you...you're actually pretty cool (I met you for the first time at the Superior Hobbies race last month) but c'mon dude. "Pot, meet kettle."

See you guys in Vegas!
Im not sure who you are as you have not posted your real name on here but I dont recall EVER telling someone I was too busy to answer questions!!! And you can ask ANYONE about that!! And 99% of the time I will actually build the motor's for guys who ask the questions and show them first hand!! I do however sometimes tell guys to hang on a minute if I am in the middle of building a motor for someone else or getting ready to go out and practice...But I always answer questions.

The only other thing I can think of is the person's trailer I was pitting in did NOT want anyone in the trailer.....I did NOT know this when the week started and it really pissed me off when he told a few guys to leave but it was not my trailer. That will NOT happen again. If this is the case then I appoligize.

And for what it's worth I do NOT Have any 100% drivers at all!! Everyone who runs for my pays something for their products!! If guys truly believe in a product they will pay for it....Just because they are fast doesnt mean they get it for free!!

EA
Old 05-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ground-round-are you kidding??? EA's so busy building "anyones" motors at big races-I have sat right next to him and didnt even ask him to build me a motor and I'm on the Team. He's that willing to help anyone. Just dont dremel his x-acto dull-now that'll piss him off!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can vouch for Eric as well. I'm not saying you didn't have a problem, but like Eric said, it was probably some misunderstanding. I've never seen him turn anyone down who's looking for help. He's probably one of, if not the busiest guy in the pits at most major races, being a top motor builder AND a being a top competitor on the track as well. I drive for him not only because of his skills in motor tuning, but the way he treats his customers.

Not only that, but he's funny as hell to pit by, especially if Butter is around. They're like an old married couple!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

EA - you got PM. Don't want to turn this thread into a personal discussion about customer service at EA Motorsports.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Team EAM

PM answered.

Thanks

EA
Old 05-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I though butter was his wife?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.