Like Tree542Likes

Schumacher MI9

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jag88;16102795]
Originally Posted by Marcos.J

Did you run the HGT version on your Mi8? What did you think?
I ran the regular krazed aluminum on my mi8 never got the hgt
Old 05-26-2024, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's a unique design. What differences did it make in handling over the stock aluminum chassis?
Old 05-26-2024, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jag88;16102795]
Originally Posted by Marcos.J

Did you run the HGT version on your Mi8? What did you think?
I did and the difference was minimal to me as my MI8 setup was pretty damn good. I ran the same setup with the HGT so I could compare it to the stock MI8. The only real difference was shock positioning as the HGT towers were lower and slightly angled. The car was still one of the fastest in the area. Did I prematurely jump ship🤷🏾‍♂️ maybe……but I didn’t want to be stuck with a car I couldn’t sell once the MI9 hit the shelves……like guys were with the MTC1 when the MTC2 came out.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone else had issues with uneven U8757 upper plates? Both my local mates who got the kit have mismatched carbon thickness, one side is half a mm thicker than the other.

Old 05-26-2024, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
It's a unique design. What differences did it make in handling over the stock aluminum chassis?
yes unique this one was 1 of a kind (well maybe 2 lol)

Old 05-26-2024, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Well, first race day in the books with the Mi9...was able to TQ and win in 21.5. Car was very good with minimal setup changes needed. I started with Mattia Collina's setup from the last Finishline race and the car was solid with very good steering and good traction. As the day went on the car started to over rotate in the high speed corners but I think a toe in change would have fixed the problem or maybe even a topdeck change to something a little stiffer. Had no breaks and nothing fell apart, that's a win in my book. Next week big race a White Rose Hobbies...high bite asphalt, should be good competition. Time to get back in the lab
bshookup and gfarb like this.
Old 05-26-2024, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Anyone else had issues with uneven U8757 upper plates? Both my local mates who got the kit have mismatched carbon thickness, one side is half a mm thicker than the other.

Just measured mine. FL = 2.95mm, FR 2.6mm. The rear plates are both 4mm. Odd, I would have thought they would machine both left and right at the same time and from the same sheet. This tells me they were machined on different days with different material stock. Good thing I recently bought .1mm shims.

So far the build has been problem free. Only slight issues have been diff half screws that are extremely tight and tough to tell if they are bottomed out. The other issue is the front shock towers, one side needed the locating pin hole slightly reamed out, it was very tight.
gigaplex likes this.

Last edited by malkiy; 05-26-2024 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Was waiting for regular racers to get the car and see what they could do and they hit the ground running this weekend. Well done Schumacher……now to just get the QC under wraps and its a done deal.
Lonestar and dawgmeat like this.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=STLNLST;16102864]
Originally Posted by jag88
I did and the difference was minimal to me as my MI8 setup was pretty damn good. I ran the same setup with the HGT so I could compare it to the stock MI8. The only real difference was shock positioning as the HGT towers were lower and slightly angled. The car was still one of the fastest in the area. Did I prematurely jump ship🤷🏾‍♂️ maybe……but I didn’t want to be stuck with a car I couldn’t sell once the MI9 hit the shelves……like guys were with the MTC1 when the MTC2 came out.
Thanks!
Old 05-27-2024, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

I watch this car all day yesterday and I must say it was impressive to say the least,grip on a untreated parking lot with steering shumacher really got it right.
STLNLST, dawgmeat and astgerma52sp like this.
Old 05-27-2024, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by topfuelhobbies
I watch this car all day yesterday and I must say it was impressive to say the least,grip on a untreated parking lot with steering shumacher really got it right.
only seen this twice in r/c…….when the TC3 was released and on carpet with the RDX. Seasoned guys were smacked around.

RBLove and Marcos.J like this.
Old 05-27-2024, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

FYI I bought a new pair of U8757 and both are the same thickness, 3.07mm. Have a feeling the kit U8757 are the problem, not the spares you buy.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 05-27-2024, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Well, first race day in the books with the Mi9...was able to TQ and win in 21.5. Car was very good with minimal setup changes needed. I started with Mattia Collina's setup from the last Finishline race and the car was solid with very good steering and good traction. As the day went on the car started to over rotate in the high speed corners but I think a toe in change would have fixed the problem or maybe even a topdeck change to something a little stiffer. Had no breaks and nothing fell apart, that's a win in my book. Next week big race a White Rose Hobbies...high bite asphalt, should be good competition. Time to get back in the lab
link to that setup?
Old 05-27-2024, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Just realized the core rc drive shaft pliers are basically mandatory for the snap rings. Tried using my snap ring pliers and couldn’t get it to work.

Regarding the small ball bearing e-clips, how are you guys getting those to clip in? After 1+ hours I gave up, used my awesomatix e-clips. On my A800 i can get those e-clips to snap in first try and it was the same for the MI9. Time to order more AMX e-clips ….
Isaac likes this.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by malkiy
Just realized the core rc drive shaft pliers are basically mandatory for the snap rings. Tried using my snap ring pliers and couldn’t get it to work.

Regarding the small ball bearing e-clips, how are you guys getting those to clip in? After 1+ hours I gave up, used my awesomatix e-clips. On my A800 i can get those e-clips to snap in first try and it was the same for the MI9. Time to order more AMX e-clips ….
I used regular snap ring pliers and it was fine. Two important things make it easier: 1) on the ring itself there are two sides. Look closely at the holes. One side is slightly larger and faces to the inside. 2) the angle of the ring as you pop it in should be with the larger side from #1 angled down as you pop it on the top hole. Like this \

for the small bearings, I put a little bearing oil on the clip to hold it onto the bearing. A small needle nose should be able to pop it on once it’s steady

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.