Search
Like Tree456Likes

Schumacher MI9

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
My 2 cents...I have been running Schumacher Sedans since the SST 97' and I believe the Mi9 is special. With previous generations Orlowski was a top 5 guy and occasional winner at ETS and other big races. With the Mi9 He was dominant last season, everywhere he ran. His mechanic was a top of the B, bottom of the A guy in ETS spec classes with the Mi7 and Mi8 but driving the Mi9 he just TQ'd every round and won Open Mod at the 1UP race.
Totally agree with this. Definitely a sign of a special car if it makes people better. That is how AMX started off. People you never heard of making the amain or people improving by serveral mains.
AdrianM and Robert K like this.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
My 2 cents...I have been running Schumacher Sedans since the SST 97' and I believe the Mi9 is special. With previous generations Orlowski was a top 5 guy and occasional winner at ETS and other big races. With the Mi9 He was dominant last season, everywhere he ran. His mechanic was a top of the B, bottom of the A guy in ETS spec classes with the Mi7 and Mi8 but driving the Mi9 he just TQ'd every round and won Open Mod at the 1UP race.
And not to discredit his ability but when he started dominating like that we knew something changed.
Then we got the HGT .... And we knew it wasn't your LHS Mi8 he was killing it with

They def found the missing link with the 9
AdrianM, Isaac, Robert K and 1 others like this.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robbob
And not to discredit his ability but when he started dominating like that we knew something changed.
Then we got the HGT .... And we knew it wasn't your LHS Mi8 he was killing it with

They def found the missing link with the 9
Yup that's been my thought. my friends that did the 1up inventional (btw that wasn't the actual 1up race that's in sep), all said that from the moment their cars touched the track, they reset the track record. MI9 is going to be a game changer and hopefully they figured out you don't special configurations for certain track conditions.
Robert K likes this.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Been needing an update from my X4 '22. Do I wait for the X4 '25 or get the Mi9.....decisions...decisions...
Just get both
OVA, Dan the Man, gigaplex and 1 others like this.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

🤩🤩🤩Look at this wonderfull piece of engineering 🤩🤩🤩.

Compliments to Andy Murray and the Schumacher R/C Racing team. The engineering and designs are just so well thought!
Build only one MI9, this weekend I'll attend at the Tonisport Onroad Series at AMCA - Auto Modelbouw Club Apeldoorn, and needed atleast one car to be ready. So a bit sloppy pictures and video's will be up later on.

Regards Robert
RBLove, Dan the Man, alb and 9 others like this.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

For this year I decided to run Nosram LCG 6500mAh and 5100mAh in my stock and modified cars.
However these new LiPo's are getting lighter, and thus makes it harder to get the car balanced.
Other brands have LCG hooks. Heavier than kit. Lighter than shorty hooks. This became my 'mission(9)'. These hooks are 22 grams, however the U8335 Shorty hooks came in at 46 grams. To be exact, I sketched the Shorty hooks in SolidWorks so I could exactly design how much material I should mill away to get them at 22 grams. Having discussed two different designs I choose one and fired up the (for now non CNC) mill. After a couple of hours work, I'm stunned by the new 'LCG' hooks which will fit the MI7, MI8, and MI9. There's no need for a brass liPo weight underneath my LiPo, which raised my CG.

However being back at home and talking to Ice_nl I descoverd the 22 gram per hook was a bit too much and fired the mill back up to get them to 16 gram per hook. Which is spot on!
Can't wait to try these on track! Pictures are still of my MI8-HGT

Regards Robert
Old 05-15-2024, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there an option for horizontal rear body posts?
Old 05-15-2024, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeffC

Use the vertical ones for the Mi7 .... all their mounting holes are the same (7/8/9)
https://www.discountrcstore.com/schu...-4pcs-mi7.html

Or possibly - and the Team guys would have to confirm this, maybe use the HGT rear tower IF the shock holes are the same.
Im unsure if they lowered the 9's even more but I see design things that tell me they didnt.
https://www.discountrcstore.com/schu...-hgt-conv.html

Old 05-16-2024, 12:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a special tool that makes installing the tiny M1.2 e-clips on the driveshafts easier?
Old 05-16-2024, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JeffC
No, and i'm pretty confident the suggestion of HGT mount won't work.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattW
No, and i'm pretty confident the suggestion of HGT mount won't work.
Agreed, besides that the team is running the vertical posts for the past year with a reason :-)...

Regards Robert
Robbob likes this.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

For those who have built the Mi9 kit, does the car take a specific spur gear or will any 64 pitch gear work? Specifically Axon spurs as that’s what I mostly own.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blwaz23
For those who have built the Mi9 kit, does the car take a specific spur gear or will any 64 pitch gear work? Specifically Axon spurs as that’s what I mostly own.
I think any spur that can line up with the three screw holes will work. I’ll check when I get home tonight.
blwaz23 likes this.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ALBOP
Is there a special tool that makes installing the tiny M1.2 e-clips on the driveshafts easier?
🤣🤣🤣

I launched the first 3 e-clips I tried to install into oblivion and I was actually trying to be careful. Then I dropped and lost another! Those things are tiny. I’m glad I bought spares.
Old 05-16-2024, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Robert K
For this year I decided to run Nosram LCG 6500mAh and 5100mAh in my stock and modified cars.
However these new LiPo's are getting lighter, and thus makes it harder to get the car balanced.
Other brands have LCG hooks. Heavier than kit. Lighter than shorty hooks. This became my 'mission(9)'. These hooks are 22 grams, however the U8335 Shorty hooks came in at 46 grams. To be exact, I sketched the Shorty hooks in SolidWorks so I could exactly design how much material I should mill away to get them at 22 grams. Having discussed two different designs I choose one and fired up the (for now non CNC) mill. After a couple of hours work, I'm stunned by the new 'LCG' hooks which will fit the MI7, MI8, and MI9. There's no need for a brass liPo weight underneath my LiPo, which raised my CG.

However being back at home and talking to Ice_nl I descoverd the 22 gram per hook was a bit too much and fired the mill back up to get them to 16 gram per hook. Which is spot on!
Can't wait to try these on track! Pictures are still of my MI8-HGT

Regards Robert
We have very similar electronics (my esc is the smaller HW Pro Stock Spec and I use 6300/288g EAM packs) and I needed 60g on the left side to balance the chassis. Even though the Nosram pack is 50g lighter than mine how did you need weight on the batt side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.