Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 Assembly Tips, Factory Team Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

John, I know it was almost a year ago you posted this... thanks! Good to know. I'm relatively new to onroad and have a couple TC3s. I'm going to try the NTC3 steering mod.

'appreciate it!

Mr.Maim

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
civic619-You can also add Nitro TC3 steering. See the post right above yours. Another way to go is with the BMI graphite chassis. This will solve the side to side balance problem that the center rib mod solves and also solve the chassis warp problem from a hot motor that tends to pull the right rear of the chassis upward messing up the tweak.

http://www.bmiracing.com/products_ae.htm

there is also a fix for this warping problem a few pages earlier in this thread, it involves making a part though.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...rap#post257262
Old 04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mr Maim-Its been a long time but the TC3 is still a very good car. I like the Nitro TC3 steering a lot better as it does not load up with grit and give you problems near center of the steering. Formerly you would clean the channel sides with the back of an X-acto knife before each race to get rid of the embedded dirt near center.

John
Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Mr Maim-Its been a long time but the TC3 is still a very good car. I like the Nitro TC3 steering a lot better as it does not load up with grit and give you problems near center of the steering. Formerly you would clean the channel sides with the back of an X-acto knife before each race to get rid of the embedded dirt near center.

John
Yes, they make good "TC Trainer" cars. If handeled properly, they're pretty tough!

Believe me, I've cleared my share of rocks out of that steering rack. One rock cost me a servo gear (servo saver didn't help in that one)! So I'm definately going to look around and see if I can find any pictures of how to do it. I have a spare, heavily raced (gouged) chassis that I can experiment on.

Thanks again!

Mr.Maim
Old 04-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

yeah i got my first onroad/carpet car shortly after the new year, happen to get a nice irs tc3 for $140 as a roller with a bunch of tires and a couple bodies.

the tc3 is a great learner car, im probally still going to be racing mine next year, just needs it only little tuning to keep up with xrays and rdxs.

anyone have some tc3 tuning tips? running stock carpet foam.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I got into the touring cars and got a TC3 for $60, so i dropped a mamba max and 7700kv motor...

Im running s 69T sput and 26T pinion for max speeds, but was wondering what others are running?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run an LRP TC Spec and a 5.5 Novak or a Duo based 4.5 with 5000 LiPo 2S battery but I only race mine on a dirt oval. Make sure you are running the steel outdrives or you will melt the plastic ones.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Setup for Carpet
I would take my posted setup for asphalt and add thick swaybars front and back. Reduce ride height to 5 mm

http://www.rctech.net/forum/241528-post24.html

I don't have Gearing for the Mamba in the touring car. I did run one in a wide pan car for a while.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? FDR for TC3 with silvercan

I'm setting up a TC3 for racing in the GT class (any rubber tire and TC chassis, silvercan motor). What will be the fastest FDR without burning up my motor? Or a good place to start. I prefer to run 64 pitch gears, but if you used 48p tell me what worked good for you and I'll do the conversion.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Gearing Silver Cans

This is a recommendation from early in the VTA thread.

running silver cans with 5.7-6.0 FDR

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post4969460

Please Continue in my new TC4 Thread. TC3 questions are fine there.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

FYI everyone, IRS still has parts for the TC3 and most are 50% off. I am out of the aluminum center shaft drive cups but I am considering bringing them back.

Dave Irrgang
teamIRSrc.com