Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Simple green on black carpet for onroad? >

Simple green on black carpet for onroad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBeave
  • 1 Post By skypilot
  • 2 Post By TheBeave

Simple green on black carpet for onroad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 12:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Simple green on black carpet for onroad?

I was wondering if simple green would work to add the grip needed for on road racing on black carpet with rubber tires?
Old 11-21-2023, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice45man
I was wondering if simple green would work to add the grip needed for on road racing on black carpet with rubber tires?
SimpleGreen is a great cleaner but it doesn't provide a consistent grip throughout the run as the tire ends up collecting more junk through the 5-6 minutes. The SXT sauce method provides 2 things, 1 it's a cleaner, 2 it helps prevent excessive buildup. When I originally started racing, I thought tire sauce was a hoax, I quickly learned through the locals helping that SXT Regular (not light or heavy) was a very great way to maintain and clean your tires from run to run. It is also a great sauce for the track as it's petroleum based and will evaporate, preventing oil slicks and inconsistent traction through the race line. The best method of applying it to reduce waste it with a "dotter bottle", aka shoe polish bottle. This will help minimize the amount being applied and prevent the tires from dripping into a pool of waste on your table.
davidl likes this.
Old 11-21-2023, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok thanks ...how bad it sxt for you? Anything like the old stuff I hear about?
Old 11-21-2023, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Pretty safe to say that virtually every CRC Black Carpet track has pretty strict tire sauce requirements. Cleaning and saucing with SXT provides consistent grip over the tires life. Some people like to use brake cleaner on the tires, as getting the buildup off the tires is sometimes a pain, but brake cleaner tends to reduce traction compared to cleaning with SXT.

At my local track, we've exclusively used SXT 3.0 since the track was opened, no issues or complaints. Recommend using a tire sauce dobber bottle if you want to conserve your SXT, otherwise the cotton dobber in the SXT bottle allows you to easily apply too much resulting in puddles under your tires and waste.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Ok thanks ...how bad it sxt for you? Anything like the old stuff I hear about?
The Link Between Tire Preps and Cancer
Old 11-22-2023, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

when using the cotton swab that comes in the bottle all you have to do is press it against the inside of the bottle while rotating it a few times. I also use a battery operated nut driver to spin the tire when applying, dripping and puddles aren't a problem.
P.S. you can find a driver on amazon for $19 vs the $50 plus ones the RC guys sell.
RaptorToto likes this.
Old 11-22-2023, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

SXT Products have a MSDS posted. It's easier to google SXT Tire Sauce MSDS, or even easier here's a link below. It does have a Carcinogenicity category 3 rating, meaning it's not known to cause cancer in humans. The safety is why a vast majority of tracks started using this sauce as it's not near as harmful as the traction formulas of the past.

sxt_sds.pdf (hrpdealer.com)
davidl and bentouttashape like this.