Search
Like Tree1037Likes

Schumacher Mi8

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Newwave.george
As regular people who pay for things undiscounted…we need to stop normalizing the absurd idea we NEED the yearly update. Across almost all brands it’s gotten stupid.
I fully support them doing the updates, continuous improvement is a good thing. The problem is most people thinking these small updates are going to make or break their club race program. In a few years when the improvement stack up to something that I can justify, then I will go ahead and spend the money.

Zack
Old 01-24-2024, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Maybe there are situations where CG is too low or maybe the Mi9 is that good...
Agreed for low grip. This race was super high grip where they all had traction roll issues, the best condition for the lowest cg car (i.e Awesomatix) to shine. However the big Awesomatix team I think only managed 5th at best.

The setup sheet posted by the winner indicated Mi8. If it is not an Mi8 that is sold to the public then it can be misleading marketing.

If it was an Mi8 then their marketing needs to be developed, not the car
bertrandsv87 likes this.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rccartips
Agreed for low grip. This race was super high grip where they all had traction roll issues, the best condition for the lowest cg car (i.e Awesomatix) to shine. However the big Awesomatix team I think only managed 5th at best.

The setup sheet posted by the winner indicated Mi8. If it is not an Mi8 that is sold to the public then it can be misleading marketing.

If it was an Mi8 then their marketing needs to be developed, not the car

Theres a few things on Orlowski’s setup sheet that would indicate differences to the standard available Mi8 HGT available to the public.

The use of plastic hubs - this isn’t commonly used on any team setups I have seen except from Robert Krens. New plastic hubs?

1.25 mm upper hub shimming - this indicates an altered hub design as I haven’t seen anything under 3mm be used by the team. In my experience, anything under 2.5mm on the standard available hubs wasn’t useable as the car would scrub too much speed in the corners.

Low diffs - the team has been using high diffs, especially on carpet this season. The standard Mi8 and the updated HGT needed high diffs on carpet to carry any corner speed in my experience. Updated bulkheads?

2.5-2.8 front spring - this is just speculation, but we might see shorter shocks with updated spring rates. The current core hi response springs are very stiff for the updated HGT geometry. I’m aware this could be the Xray spring.

Maybe all of this is wrong, just throwing ideas out there. I know we’ve seen pictures of altered hubs on Orlowski’s car from ETS, so I’m expecting something new there. Also some BB outdrive driveshafts could be a possibility.

Guess we gotta wait a bit longer to find out!
Old 01-25-2024, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'd have to dig through some folders to find the axles and DCJ's that were spotted on his car too.

Def different hubs and steering system.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like a nitro tc hub...
Old 01-25-2024, 08:37 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

looks like xray hubs. might be in line with xray springs used on some recent setup sheets. also the drive shafts are finally hollow... does that mean we go away from the wobbly hexes?
Robbob likes this.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Hexes are very tricky and need to be super clean, unwarped, to spin true...Tire plastic wheels and badly threaded nuts with too much loctite are usually the cause of unwanted wobble after verifying that the tire is balanced on a tire sander..
Old 01-26-2024, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robbob

I'd have to dig through some folders to find the axles and DCJ's that were spotted on his car too.

Def different hubs and steering system.
Where are those pics from ? And, if you can, can you please post the other pics you have ?

thank youuu
Old 01-26-2024, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pharane0
Where are those pics from ? And, if you can, can you please post the other pics you have ?

thank youuu

Robbob, Pharane0 and h2e like this.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Orlowski top seed and leading q1 at ETS this weekend. Hopefully some more information will come from it!

Zack
Old 01-28-2024, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe they are reading the forum

TQ&WIN at ETS - Euro Touring Series rd5 in Daun, Germany with my Schumacher R/C Racing prototype car
Old 01-29-2024, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Go Orlowski go....
Old 01-30-2024, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Looks like a new rear diff. I wonder if they went to a composite design
gwhiz likes this.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

I have been reading for days. I have a new mi8 Carbon on high grip black carpet, very smooth. The problem I am having is it rolls in corners at speed. Much like a semi going around a corner at to high of speed. Started with kit set up. Since I have raised the roll center and stiffer sway bars and springs. Front tires are glued. It goes up on both tires on that side get out of it a bit and it comes down. Curious about droop, that is new to me. I have the hudy 10 mm blocks and gauge. What should I be looking at for droop at the lowest point on the arm. Still learning. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 01-31-2024, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rozzy
I have been reading for days. I have a new mi8 Carbon on high grip black carpet, very smooth. The problem I am having is it rolls in corners at speed. Much like a semi going around a corner at to high of speed. Started with kit set up. Since I have raised the roll center and stiffer sway bars and springs. Front tires are glued. It goes up on both tires on that side get out of it a bit and it comes down. Curious about droop, that is new to me. I have the hudy 10 mm blocks and gauge. What should I be looking at for droop at the lowest point on the arm. Still learning. Thanks for the help!!!
I think an alloy chassis would be much better on that grip. With carbon chassis, I would try to have a low roll center, like 0 shims under the wishbones and maybe 1 mm under the camber links. Also softer springs. A droop setting of 6 front and 5 rear should be a good starting point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.