3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 12-18-2023, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ah, nice. We don't have T4 parts hardly on the wall. I will pick these up from a-main and give them a shot. Thanks Isaac!
Isaac likes this.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBeave
Has anyone found an alternative sway bar for this car? I have the largest 3r sway bar in the rear of my car but might want a larger one for the nose, I looked at all the Xray bars in the hobby shop yesterday and none of them seemed to line up. I'm currently using the 3R xi-sport 3 dot sway bar in the rear, was hoping I could find the equivalent 4 dot for the front. I'm assuming the 3 dot is a 1.3mm. From my testing and findings, these cars definitely want the stiffer sway bars on black carpet. I have been fighting traction rolling for weeks, once I went to the stiffer sway bar in the rear it calmed the car down tremendously, just a tad bit tippy initially and wanted to test a stiffer sway bar up front. I've got some more coming in from RaceVTA.com but given that they're for an older car I hope they work and 3R is still making them. I will say we do have a very punishing layout at Apex right now and my car has felt as good as it ever has, it just needs a tiny bit more stability and I'll be able to push the car for all she's got.

PS: EA is selling Protoform VTA tires at wholesale price, get them while there's any left. $15 a pair.
Protoform VTA Pre-Mounted Tires — Team EAM, Inc (teameamotorsports.com)
Right now I am using X-Ray 1.4 rear and 1.5 front on my Cero Ultra Ace and Cero Ultra V2 for VTA. Try doing some work with the roll centers to help it. I run 2mm under the inner front upper mounts and no shims in the rear in that same inner upper rear. Car was money with that on black carpet and the new tires. Kit Green front and yellow rear springs. I am surprised that EA doesn't have those bars on hand. He's slipping. Lol
Old 12-18-2023, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_dude
Right now I am using X-Ray 1.4 rear and 1.5 front on my Cero Ultra Ace and Cero Ultra V2 for VTA. Try doing some work with the roll centers to help it. I run 2mm under the inner front upper mounts and no shims in the rear in that same inner upper rear. Car was money with that on black carpet and the new tires. Kit Green front and yellow rear springs. I am surprised that EA doesn't have those bars on hand. He's slipping. Lol
What diff oil are you using on the black carpet? I have 3 mm shims all the way around, 1.5 sway bar in the front and 1.3 in the rear.. Feels good for me
Old 12-18-2023, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Spent all day yesterday testing Mod with a different roll center and long camber link set up(new 3racing upper links). The day was partly sunny cold and windy we only dried the track and use “zero” prep. Also used the KrazedBuilds carbon flex chassis. Track surface temperature was 75-78 degrees. The long links were mounted on the top deck and on the diff mount (marked with red)
Robbob and Robio like this.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Isaac
What diff oil are you using on the black carpet? I have 3 mm shims all the way around, 1.5 sway bar in the front and 1.3 in the rear.. Feels good for me
Kit.
I was told by a very good racer, never have more top shims than bottom. But that doesn't take into account the ball height which can be different. So much for that advice. Lol
Old 12-19-2023, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_dude
Kit.
I was told by a very good racer, never have more top shims than bottom.
Lol I don't.

After a 14 year hiatus of not racing I was figuring stuff out and the car was good at the Winter Warrior Race. I have to get back into the rhythm of paying attention to the small details.

Last edited by Isaac; 12-19-2023 at 10:37 AM. Reason: picture was too dang big
Old 12-19-2023, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Cero sport mounting rear shocks to rear arms

Hi,I have the cero sport, my problem is I can not mount the rear shocks to the rear shock towers. The space is too long and the arm is so jacked in the air tire never touches the ground.

I have krazed build graphite chassis aluminum hubs with 8mm ball stud using spacer from kit.

built everything like manual says. Front shocks mounted no problem just rear shocks are driving me crazy by not mounting like they are supposed to.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mac112
Hi,I have the cero sport, my problem is I can not mount the rear shocks to the rear shock towers. The space is too long and the arm is so jacked in the air tire never touches the ground.

I have krazed build graphite chassis aluminum hubs with 8mm ball stud using spacer from kit.

built everything like manual says. Front shocks mounted no problem just rear shocks are driving me crazy by not mounting like they are supposed to.
Most likely cause is you've got the front shock towers on the rear and vice-versa. The front ones are shorter than the rears.
Robio likes this.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
Most likely cause is you've got the front shock towers on the rear and vice-versa. The front ones are shorter than the rears.

Switched the shock towers, you were right. I feel stupid for not thinking of that, long build on this one. Thanks for the advice, am glad to get some help with this headache of a issue.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Switched the shock towers, you were right. I feel stupid for not thinking of that, long build on this one. Thanks for the advice, am glad to get some help with this headache of a issue.
Don't feel bad. I can't tell you how many things I've had to do twice on this build! The biggest "oops" was ruining all four of the upper arm ball cups by running them too far onto the turnbuckles...
Old 12-20-2023, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robio
Don't feel bad. I can't tell you how many things I've had to do twice on this build! The biggest "oops" was ruining all four of the upper arm ball cups by running them too far onto the turnbuckles...
Been there, did that (but I stopped at 2). Also built the steering rack upside-down on the S64. Funny thing is, it worked fine that way.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

I was going to add that mistake to my "assembly notes" document, but it's already there. I've seen it before at my local track.

I've attached my assembly notes for anyone who wants it. Most of these tips also apply to the Ultra (not sure about V2).
Attached Files
Robio likes this.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's the trick to keep the upper wishbone spacer from cracking and breaking? I just went through $10 of them trying to put 2 on. Do we need to heat them up or what? Or is there a better alternative?
Old 12-22-2023, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheBeave
What's the trick to keep the upper wishbone spacer from cracking and breaking? I just went through $10 of them trying to put 2 on. Do we need to heat them up or what? Or is there a better alternative?
I just built mine. Didn’t have any issues, but I recall there being two sizes? Only know because I put one of the smaller ones on the larger pivot bushing.
Are you building a 2.0 version?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.