Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2 >

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Like Tree635Likes

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Old 02-03-2022, 05:49 AM
  #46  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,025
Default

I think we are seeing final verification of production ready parts in the in vids on Facebook. Most testing should be done now.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 02-09-2022, 06:26 AM
  #47  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,025
Default

Look at the size of the pinion in this image

OSherman and trx-1racer like this.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 02-09-2022, 07:28 AM
  #48  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,025
Default

I've been eyeball'n this chassis a lot and it's very interesting how much focus appears to be placed on flex characteristics. The main plate is 100% symmetrical (like for real)... the front pulley is offset to the right to allow the servo to be mounted dead centre with rear diff dead centre. Plus, if you are careful to mount your electronics so that they don't touch the outer chassis rail and do the same with the battery by placing pads in the machined areas, you could simulate a full floating electrics setup like the ones seen from RCMaker and Kyosho but without raising the CG as much.
Robbob and simple like this.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 02-09-2022, 12:09 PM
  #49  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I've been eyeball'n this chassis a lot and it's very interesting how much focus appears to be placed on flex characteristics. The main plate is 100% symmetrical (like for real)... the front pulley is offset to the right to allow the servo to be mounted dead centre with rear diff dead centre. Plus, if you are careful to mount your electronics so that they don't touch the outer chassis rail and do the same with the battery by placing pads in the machined areas, you could simulate a full floating electrics setup like the ones seen from RCMaker and Kyosho but without raising the CG as much.
Hmmm Symmetrical Flex .... thats a great idea lol.

If you move the slots in closer to the pod though you can actually benefit by freeing the drivetrain up a bit.
Virtually run the motor/spur plate flat helping keep the motor more static then dynamic as the chassis flexes.
Also material fatigue with the sides that close I think is gonna be a factor.

But Im not knocking the car at all, I still hope to see it bring new faces to some racing if they can keep it in the 3Racing type of pricing.
Marcos.J, V8 Rumble and h2e like this.
Robbob is offline  
Old 02-09-2022, 12:41 PM
  #50  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,025
Default

The "Krazed Builds" chassis style idea is interesting.. looks like you could almost convert the Cero plate with a Dremel cutoff wheel pretty quick without weakening it much (not that I'll try that). This chassis has jumped to the top of my new toy wanted list.
Robbob and Mitamiya like this.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 02-09-2022, 04:32 PM
  #51  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
The "Krazed Builds" chassis style idea is interesting.. looks like you could almost convert the Cero plate with a Dremel cutoff wheel pretty quick without weakening it much (not that I'll try that). This chassis has jumped to the top of my new toy wanted list.
Playing with some pictures for them I can say theres def some good 'dremel' options to a stock chassis.
Def able to add rear bite and gain some mid forward flex for steering. Got my own interests peaked now
Marcos.J likes this.
Robbob is offline  
Old 02-11-2022, 12:08 PM
  #52  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
TheBeave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Robbob
Hmmm Symmetrical Flex .... thats a great idea lol.

If you move the slots in closer to the pod though you can actually benefit by freeing the drivetrain up a bit.
Virtually run the motor/spur plate flat helping keep the motor more static then dynamic as the chassis flexes.
Also material fatigue with the sides that close I think is gonna be a factor.

But Im not knocking the car at all, I still hope to see it bring new faces to some racing if they can keep it in the 3Racing type of pricing.
I'm a huge fan of the 3Racing products for the simple factor that they help people get into the hobby while on a budget. I'm excited for the cero car, will definitely place an order through our resident RaceVTA vendor. If it wasn't for the budget friendly competitors I wouldn't be racing rc cars today. Glad to see they keep pushing and developing chassis.
Lonestar, Robbob, Mitamiya and 2 others like this.
TheBeave is offline  
Old 02-14-2022, 11:18 AM
  #53  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Razathorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,222
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wow, I've got 2 2k18s that I've been racing, and now I'll finally have a reason to upgrade potentially, and a reason to not upgrade to the 21, lol.
Razathorn is offline  
Old 02-19-2022, 03:44 PM
  #54  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I've been eyeball'n this chassis a lot and it's very interesting how much focus appears to be placed on flex characteristics. The main plate is 100% symmetrical (like for real)... the front pulley is offset to the right to allow the servo to be mounted dead centre with rear diff dead centre. Plus, if you are careful to mount your electronics so that they don't touch the outer chassis rail and do the same with the battery by placing pads in the machined areas, you could simulate a full floating electrics setup like the ones seen from RCMaker and Kyosho but without raising the CG as much.
I'm not sure of what they are trying to achieve with these cuts. Clearly it will affect the curve of the hysteresis but I'm not sure how. Clearly not a parameter I would like to play with. I really hope a standard chassis is planned. I know that the double motor mount is massive and very long, but I'm not sure of the flex you will have with that, especially if the carbon fiber quality is the same as before.
Airwave is offline  
Old 02-23-2022, 06:03 AM
  #55  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,025
Default


jo_er86 and Chozwoz like this.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 02-23-2022, 08:34 AM
  #56  
h2e
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
h2e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 888
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Just adding this image because it's the only birds eye available.
How angled the rear driveshafts are...
gigaplex and mr.rev like this.
h2e is offline  
Old 02-23-2022, 09:05 AM
  #57  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,025
Default

I was wondering about that too - not sure of any reason for it to be that way.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 02-23-2022, 02:19 PM
  #58  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Probably belt length.
Airwave is offline  
Old 02-24-2022, 12:32 AM
  #59  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I was wondering about that too - not sure of any reason for it to be that way.
Anti-squat? Together with ARS geaometry, it might create some semi-active rear steering.
Papi is offline  
Old 02-24-2022, 12:29 PM
  #60  
h2e
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
h2e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 888
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

most definitely not...
h2e is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.