Search
Like Tree629Likes

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by h2e
most definitely not...
Well, forward angled driveshafts definitely do create an anti-squat force.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:54 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Would you mind to explain?
Old 02-25-2022, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Moving the wheel forwards or backwards in relation to the diff creates a lever, which tries to push the wheel down (when it's angled forward) or up (when it's angled backwards) when torque is applied to it. I have built some rally cars that had angled driveshafts (both forward and backwards, by 10-15mm) and thanks to the soft suspension, this effect was quite noticeable. With forward angle, the car didn't squat at all, while backward angle created opposite extreme and brake lifted the rear to suspension limit.
MicroHeli-Nut and h2e like this.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Papi
Moving the wheel forwards or backwards in relation to the diff creates a lever, which tries to push the wheel down (when it's angled forward) or up (when it's angled backwards) when torque is applied to it. I have built some rally cars that had angled driveshafts (both forward and backwards, by 10-15mm) and thanks to the soft suspension, this effect was quite noticeable. With forward angle, the car didn't squat at all, while backward angle created opposite extreme and brake lifted the rear to suspension limit.
I thought that the diff and drive shafts always want to be level, i.e. if you run an "up" diff, it will pull the rear down under acceleration. Forward or backwards relation would have to then work with the anti-squat or anti-drive then, right? Am I thinking of this right?
Old 03-09-2022, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Updated Renders

Robbob likes this.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Default More

Phat-Boy and mr.rev like this.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default One More :)

Old 03-09-2022, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Very nice. The way wheels are fixated makes me wonder if we'll see some of them flying around the track in crashes (which could be good for preserving the rest of the car).
Old 03-09-2022, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr.rev
Very nice. The way wheels are fixated makes me wonder if we'll see some of them flying around the track in crashes (which could be good for preserving the rest of the car).
Xray used a similar design on the T1 for years - no issues.

mr.rev and h2e like this.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Needs aluminum chassis option! I have a couple Mugens now, but would definitely try this out if I could get an aluminum chassis. My daughter runs my old 2k18 in Novice and its a tank.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:35 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Looks nice, with shiny plastic and cast-like Alu parts.
I'd be interested in the drive shaft/wheelhub assembly. Chassis seems overly long at the rear, but maybe this isn't a topic with this anti-squat driveshaft setup.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by h2e
Looks nice, with shiny plastic and cast-like Alu parts.
I'd be interested in the drive shaft/wheelhub assembly. Chassis seems overly long at the rear, but maybe this isn't a topic with this anti-squat driveshaft setup.
From what I've seen in the Facebook vids, it's (axle/hub) pretty much the same basic design as AMX (and others now) except that the steel axle is internally threaded to accept a screw instead of a nut. Sometimes the parts in the vids aren't fully machined yet (can be confusing) so I didn't share the screen shots here.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Xray used a similar design on the T1 for years - no issues.
"No issues" might be a slight overgeneralization.... They did abandon that design after all and went with the industry common male M4 threaded axles....Keep in mind that there is much more surface area engaged with the wheel and the flange of a nut, than there ever would be under the head of a standard screw. Not to mention the serrated flange nuts that are so common as well..
Not so sure wheels attached with a single screw is the best design feature to pursue...... Maybe in this case a flanged nut/stud combo similar to the front nuts on the TLR 22 platforms would be a cool idea - however might be limiting in wheel style compatibility.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is there any kind of estimated release date
Old 03-09-2022, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by simple
"No issues" might be a slight overgeneralization.... They did abandon that design after all and went with the industry common male M4 threaded axles....Keep in mind that there is much more surface area engaged with the wheel and the flange of a nut, than there ever would be under the head of a standard screw. Not to mention the serrated flange nuts that are so common as well..
Not so sure wheels attached with a single screw is the best design feature to pursue...... Maybe in this case a flanged nut/stud combo similar to the front nuts on the TLR 22 platforms would be a cool idea - however might be limiting in wheel style compatibility.
The Xray design changed due to the desire to use smaller bearings and the screws used on Xray T1 were M4x8mm with large washers. We have not seen what type of screw is being used on the Cero yet - it could have a large serrated head or special washer. Have to wait and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.