Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Anyone running the Sphere Competition 2007 Spec with an LRP X11 3.5 turn motor? I know the spec says "Over 3.5 Turns" but does that include 3.5 turns? Bought 2 of the Sphere Comp 2007's as the TC Spec was impossible to find at the time and want to make sure I'm not going to have any problems. I will be putting the fan on fron the worlds kit and will be running it with 6 cells on carpet most of the time. Occasionally will run 5 cell but 6 will be the norm. Just looking for some info from anyone who has tried the combo......
Old 09-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have used the combo you are saying. What LRP says means that you shouldn;t use this esc with 3.5T. You MUST use a fan for the esc otherwise you will get cut off's. Other than that I didn't experience any issues.

To be 100% sure try to sell this esc to 1/12 guys (no need that high motors and fan doesn;t fit anyway) and et the TC
Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe someone here can help or knows what might be wrong.

I have an LRP Sphere that I have been running with a vector 13.5 for the last 3-4 weeks. Today during my 2nd heat, it just stopped and when I took it off the track the wheels were slowly olling backwards. When I'd pull the trigger, it would slowly roll forward and when I braked it went into reverse at aprox 50% speed. I reset the mode and it seemed to work. I put the car back on the track and made it about half a lap and the car stopped again. This time I had no power whatsoever. Nothing at the servo, nothing at the receiver, Nothing. I tried resoldering my wires and seeing if that helped but it didn't. So now I'm stuck with a completely dead ESC. Any ideas?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey

I have an LRP Sphere that I have been running with a vector 13.5 for the last 3-4 weeks. Today during my 2nd heat, it just stopped and when I took it off the track the wheels were slowly olling backwards. When I'd pull the trigger, it would slowly roll forward and when I braked it went into reverse at aprox 50% speed. I reset the mode and it seemed to work. I put the car back on the track and made it about half a lap and the car stopped again. This time I had no power whatsoever. Nothing at the servo, nothing at the receiver, Nothing. I tried resoldering my wires and seeing if that helped but it didn't. So now I'm stuck with a completely dead ESC. Any ideas?

My answer is simple LRP Speedo is junk..... That's why I stick with the Novak GTB.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
My answer is simple LRP Speedo is junk..... That's why I stick with the Novak GTB.
And many would say the same about your precious GTB of which I have seen more problems than any other esc.......Not trying to start a whizzing contest though as everyone has their own preference.
Back to the question at hand though....Try reprogramming the speedo all together. Is it a Sphere or Sphere Comp? If it's a comp, make sure it is not in Lipo Mode. I have seen some strange things happen when in Lipo mode that go away when in regular battery mode. Worst case, send it in to LRP for service. Unfortunately, they take forever with their repairs....that is where Novak shines.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18

I think the GTB is a hunk........

But do I go and post in the novak thread saying that? No, so why do you?

My LRP speedos ROCK!
Old 09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Yup, mine are running great despite some rough treatment. Ran mod BL 1/12 with a Sphere Comp 07 and a 5.5 X11 (bonded) it was a missle and ran all day in the insane heat we are having
Old 09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Glowster21
And many would say the same about your precious GTB of which I have seen more problems than any other esc.......Not trying to start a whizzing contest though as everyone has their own preference.
Back to the question at hand though....Try reprogramming the speedo all together. Is it a Sphere or Sphere Comp? If it's a comp, make sure it is not in Lipo Mode. I have seen some strange things happen when in Lipo mode that go away when in regular battery mode. Worst case, send it in to LRP for service. Unfortunately, they take forever with their repairs....that is where Novak shines.
It's a sphere. I do run Lipo but that doesn't seem to matter because there is nothing going on, I have no power whatsoever. Who would I send it to? AE? Where do I find their information?

Edit: Nevermind, found what I have to do to send it to AE.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats exactly what mine was doing. Sent it back in over a month ago for repairs, still waiting for them to send it back. Mine was an LRP Sphere TC Spec.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Legend

Grease , first switch motor`s if you can to make sure its not the motor...

and

what color lights are being lit up on the ESC when you switch the power on your radio & car ?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anybody have a good starting profile to run Orion motors? I have a 4.5 and a 10.5 orion and my TC just came in. we run indoor asphalt with low/medium grip and the track is usually fast and flowing.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
what color lights are being lit up on the ESC when you switch the power on your radio & car ?

None. There is absolutely nothing happening. Nothing on the ESC, nothing on the receiver, no steering, Nothing happens whatsoever.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LRP SPHERE COMP 2007 esc

LRP SPHERE COMP 2007 esc

when I run 19T 4 cell (12th pan car), do I need to run a sckottky diode on the motor?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Legend

None. There is absolutely nothing happening. Nothing on the ESC, nothing on the receiver, no steering, Nothing happens whatsoever.
Then it is easy , send it in to Lrp ....

Don`t get discourage , The 2007 Comp ESC is a great product .....
Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
anybody have a good starting profile to run Orion motors? I have a 4.5 and a 10.5 orion and my TC just came in. we run indoor asphalt with low/medium grip and the track is usually fast and flowing.
I run my 10.5 at all stock esc setting's, but I put it into 6-7 cell race mode, comes in lipo from the factory

Punch and all that is stock, and it runs grate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.