Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

according to the compatibility chart sensorless motors do not work with the lrp controllers, only sensored brushless motors, that is my understanding.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loopedout
Burito, is there anyway I could get the solder lands replaced or changed out under warranty? kinda sucks i have a brand new motor that I cant run.

Kenneth I just turn my epa on my throttle down when Im running the 3.5 motor and use the profiles in the sphere comp to control the aggressiveness of the throttle input, you cant gear it to high or it will thermal.
You mentioned 'too high'. Does it mean too small a pinion? Do you mean I should gear as per normal between the factory recommended range of gearing (say 10.3), then turn down the EPA? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

yeah like too big of a pinion, I use the recommended gearing for the 3.5 and 4.5 motor. all the other motors I use the rec gear ratio as a starting point then gear to 160 deg f after five minutes right off the track.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
@Roborat: no worries, all our 4.5t motors are supplied with the sintered rotor. None has a bonded rotor (only 5.5, 6.5, 7,5t use bonded).
thanks burito. so the #08599 would be the best option for me? does it come out to be cheaper than me getting the Spere TC and X11 4.5t serparately?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Rookie

There are a few major diffrences:

1. The sintered magnet is WAY stronger magnetically so the motors overall power output is higher. They also have a much higher tolerance for heat so they retain their strength indefinatly.

2. The sintered magnet is WAY stronger physically so there are no issues with shattering rotors at high rpm.

3. The sintered magnet motors require lower gear ratios that are easier to accomplish in current low internal drive ratio sedans.

4. You run much less drag brake with the sintered rotor since the cogging is much stronger. This keep your speedo cooler.

5. The brakes are insanely strong so you have to reduce your radio's brake endpoint to limit the ultimate braking force. This also keep your speedo cooler.

There are cetainly applications where the bonded magnet is better like 1/12th and Off Road. The load in those applications are lower and smooth power delivery is very important.
Thanks Adrian - more questions tho......anyone??

I am no Hara or Moore - and don't like a car too quick in mod (sounds crazy) but want to be smooth and consistent. I also want to last with plenty to spare using 5cell.

Just trying to understand these numbers. Does 4.5 mean it is quicker than 5.5 and 6.5 etc, or just a different application? I note that LRP state the 4.5 (sintered magnet) has a lower RPM than the 5.5 (bonded magnet).

With brushed ut was easy 5 turn quicker than 7 etc, but greater stress on car and batteries and tyres etc.

Therefore will different brushless motor manufacturers numbers mean different things?

Sorry to sound dumb.

Thanks
Simini
Old 03-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

my understanding is that you double the number of turns on a brushless motor rating to get the brushed equivelent. ie. 4.5 brushless is like a 9T brushed and a 8.5 brushless would peform like a 17T brushed. Lower turn = more rpm and avail hp with lower torque and more amp draw.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Will lrp sphere competition 2007 edition work with a 3.5t motor?Or will i need the tc spec for this kind of motor?(a bit confused about "over 3,5")
Old 03-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In hot conditions you will have thermal cut off other than it will work ok

Try to install the heatsink with a fan anyway to be on the safe side.

Of course using the TC esc will be even better
Old 03-31-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Some TC specs especially nosrams still have problems and don't work right with 3,5 or 4,5 motors , but nosrams/LRP 2007 works more than ok with 3,5 vortex , as you said nnick with heatsink and fan but works
Old 03-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

HELP!

Does anyone know where one can get their hands on a TC Spec?!?! Jeez, these things are sooooooo hard to come by! everywhere i look they're not available! i need one badly for an upcoming big race! HELP!!!

PS. will the X11 work with a Novak GTB speedo? will it be a direct fit - meaning will the sensor wires plug of the X11 straight into the GTB or wil i need some sort of adapter??
Old 03-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Company Representative

The GTB sensor wires will be a direct fit--no adapters. The GTB is rated 3.5T and above.

Additionally, all Novak motors are protected against thermal overload when used with a Novak esc

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
HELP!

PS. will the X11 work with a Novak GTB speedo? will it be a direct fit - meaning will the sensor wires plug of the X11 straight into the GTB or wil i need some sort of adapter??
Old 03-31-2007, 12:24 PM
MrC
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
Some TC specs especially nosrams still have problems and don't work right with 3,5 or 4,5 motors , but nosrams/LRP 2007 works more than ok with 3,5 vortex , as you said nnick with heatsink and fan but works
Where did you hear this rumour?
I have not yet heardt from any problems of these kinds with our TC-Spec speedos.

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited by MrC; 03-31-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

NovakTwo: thanks again!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MrC
I have not yet heardt from any problems of these kinds with our TC-Spec speedos.

Best regards,
Andy
Ive got some kind of problem with my nosram istc and orion vortex 3.5, when i put the power down for the mainstraight it shuts down just like it has temp-cut apart from its not hot..... only ever been ran once before

Scott
Old 04-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MrC

Best regards,
Andy

It's not a rumor its an experience!!
greek distributor received some TC specs friday before the race so 3 drivers including me , we tested it saturday before the race!!!
Al the three we had the same problem , if the rotor stoped at a specific position then you had to push the car so it could start and then when you pulled the trigger full back something like glitching was happening and the motor didn't work normaally.

the three of us raced at sunday with nosram 2007 and 3,5T motors without problems for the speedo/motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.