Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rraden
What is the difference between the 80700 updated Sphere and the TC spec 80750 other than the fan? The internal specs on the LRP website has them identical.
I thought this was answered before, but I could not find my post anymore...

The differences betweeen the "2007 Edition" (or earlier Sphere Competition) and the "TC-Spec" are actually quite big! All new hardware with revised circuitry, new PCB's, new fet's, new software. The actual technical data is not very much different, but internally there's a lot different...

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Hi Reto

Will you or any of the LRP boys be heading to the TITC in Thailand next week?
Im currently running the Sphere comp, but am dying to get hold of the TC spec, and i dont think the initial shipment will arrive in Australia in time.
Will any be sent direct to Thailand?
Will be in Thailand together with Ronald, will for sure be able to help you there.

Originally Posted by RFrancis
@burito:
Hello Reto,
I'm from Portugal. I have a question to made to a professional and I think you are the "Man"
In the next 2007 season I will be using (when it's realesed) the new Sphere 2007 TC and brusheless motor. But in Portugal, drivers can choose betweeen 5 cell's(1350gm) or 6 cell's(1500gm), I was thinking if you can help me choosing the best combo...
I know about the advantages of 5 cell... but here in Portugal the championship is made in 5 diferent track's and only one is small and twisty, the other's are quite big and fast. I'm afraid that the other drivers choose 6 cell and be more fast than me...

Another thing that I like to know is about LRP bateries; is the latest LRP 4200 VTEC HV2 Factory Team equivalent to the latest's IB4200 WC?

And will be to much if you can give me some poiter's on ratios to use in a 4.5 and 5.5 motors with 5 and 6 cell on a short twisty track and large and big track?

Sorry for all of my question's, but this year is going the be a big change here in Portugal, and I don't whant to make bad choices...

Thank's for your time

PS - do you think the Sphere TC-spec (80750) will be here on time of the first race (3 and 4 of March) ?
Too many questions mate...

Weird rule that your federation allows both 5 cells (1350g) and 6 cells (1500g) because I would think on certain tracks one system is faster then the other, which will make it very inconvienent and expensive for everybody! Small tracks will favor the 5-cell cars, while on big tracks 6-cells will have the upper hand.

Batteries: I can only speak for our VTEC4200 and not any others... But our HVČ are the latest stuff and really good, as prooven quite a few times already... )

Gear Ratio's: I think it's the best if you refer to the supplied manual first, which comes with all the motors.

TC-Spec availabilty: I think that one I answered already...
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Gear Ratio's: I think it's the best if you refer to the supplied manual first, which comes with all the motors.

Supplied Manual first Even with 5 cells? Please just give us the ratio used by R. Volker at DHI. + any starting point for TITC outside.
Danke
Old 02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Reto,

Thank You for your clarifying answer on the differences between the 2007 spec (Upgrade) and the TC version that is now being released.

My question is there a difference in price between the two speed controls? Also would the TC version also be able to handle 4 cell 1/12th scale or should a 2007 spec handle those chores. I perfer not to run a receiver pack in 1/12th unless I have too.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 02-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran 8.16:1 on 5 cells with a 4.5T Sintered X11 and it was just as fast as or faster than other cars running 6 cells. This was on a large asphalt circuit.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by benoitrdv
Supplied Manual first Even with 5 cells? Please just give us the ratio used by R. Volker at DHI. + any starting point for TITC outside.
Upps... sorry! Must have missed the 5 cell option...
We ran 4.5t with a gearing of around 9.5:1 with sintered magnet, but remember the DHI-Cup was a technical indoor track!
TITC is 6-cells again and a much bigger track (even tough, still technical for outdoors in "european standards"...), so this is no real comparison! But if it's of use for you, I do think we'll start around 8.0:1 in Thailand with 4.5t sintered.

Originally Posted by corallyman
My question is there a difference in price between the two speed controls? Also would the TC version also be able to handle 4 cell 1/12th scale or should a 2007 spec handle those chores. I perfer not to run a receiver pack in 1/12th unless I have too.
The TC-Spec is a bit more expensive, but I'm unfamiliar with the exact pricing (sorry!) and it obviously also variies within the different countries.
Problem with TC-Spec in 1/12 car is that it will not fit under the body... because the heatsink/fan are pre-installed and there's pretty much no way to get it off! But all our team runs "2007 Edition" in 1/12 anyway and it works great.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi all! would any of you be able to point me to the best option for me to purchase the TC Spec Sphere online? A site with good pricing and ships internationally would be great! i want my hand on one of these babies!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool Weird rules

Hi Burito,

wise words.

SUre is more expensive and brings more problems than it solves, but it is only for 2007...
I hope

thanks for the info

DrCy

Originally Posted by burito
I thought this was answered before, but I could not find my post anymore...

The differences betweeen the "2007 Edition" (or earlier Sphere Competition) and the "TC-Spec" are actually quite big! All new hardware with revised circuitry, new PCB's, new fet's, new software. The actual technical data is not very much different, but internally there's a lot different...

Will be in Thailand together with Ronald, will for sure be able to help you there.

Too many questions mate...

Weird rule that your federation allows both 5 cells (1350g) and 6 cells (1500g) because I would think on certain tracks one system is faster then the other, which will make it very inconvienent and expensive for everybody! Small tracks will favor the 5-cell cars, while on big tracks 6-cells will have the upper hand.

Batteries: I can only speak for our VTEC4200 and not any others... But our HVČ are the latest stuff and really good, as prooven quite a few times already... )

TC-Spec availabilty: I think that one I answered already...
Old 02-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
hi all! would any of you be able to point me to the best option for me to purchase the TC Spec Sphere online? A site with good pricing and ships internationally would be great! i want my hand on one of these babies!
anyone???

burito: maybe you can point me to the right direction?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stores haven't got yet the TC.End of February LRP will ship to distributors as far as I know

Nick
Old 02-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

@roborat: sorry, I can't be of much help on that. I'm working in R&D and not sales so I actually don't know who got TC-Spec's already! Also I'll be leaving to the TITC in Thailand tomorrow, so I can speak to our sales guys about it...
It might be the best you check with your countries LRP distributer, you can find their contacts at www.lrp.cc

@nnick: read my posts mate...
We're already shipping TC-Spec's since last week, it might take 2-3 more weeks until all backorders are fullfilled tough but we're regularily sending them out now.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Newb to brushless. Why do some people run their Sphere's with a mini reciever pack? Is this necessary?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Burito, If im going to use my 2007 sphere for a brushed motor do I still need to run a schotty diode??
Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Nosram Storm

Just wanted to thank the guys at Nosram/LRP for providing me with such an awesome combo for this weekends Maltese National champs. I managed to win the 3 mod finals in row with the Storm Evo 4.5 sintered and Matrix 2007. Performance was ballistic... thanks Mirko
Old 02-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

For those running the 2007 Sphere Comp in 1/12th, any tips on wiring and fitment?

Lighter wires are presumably ok? And I assume the power cap is left on, and tucked away somewhere neat ;-)

I've fitted a Novak GTB before, so have some experience of fitting the power and sensor wires.

And any tips on running a receiver pack with that speedo?

Cheers,
Mark
Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

I'm currently running a Sphere with 16 guage wire on a 13.5 sintered motor for 1/12th scale. The power cap is just tucked where it fits best. I haven't needed to run a receiver pack so I can't help with that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.