Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corallyman
I bet they were just overlooked, one hole is probably very common so far for the drivers, most likely the bottom hole. I'm sure by monday we will know.

Sean.....have you and I ever had the same type of car at the same time, I am thinking no. How's it going by the way.

Steve
I dont think we ever have... And its going better than EVER!!!!!thanks for asking....
Old 06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

I bet they were just overlooked, one hole is probably very common so far for the drivers, most likely the bottom hole. I'm sure by monday we will know.

Sean.....have you and I ever had the same type of car at the same time, I am thinking no. How's it going by the way.

Steve
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
If you are running your pins flat you will use the bottom hole on the bulkheads. I think the top hole is for when you are running anti/pro dive and anti/pro squat. It allows you to get a different combination of degrees.

EA
awww....that would explain it...
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by home13oy75
My car should be arriving sometime tomorrow. I've been following this thread and chose the TC5 based on the helpful online support that I've been seeing. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute one day.

Thanks again Corallyman for your help!
You're welcome Home13, just ask anytime you have a need somebody here will help. Quite a few of them too are even Factory Pros.

Steve
Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

If you are running your pins flat you will use the bottom hole on the bulkheads. I think the top hole is for when you are running anti/pro dive and anti/pro squat. It allows you to get a different combination of degrees.

EA
Eric,

Is this covered anywhere in the instructions, I have not gotten mine yet.

Steve
Old 06-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Brent (51),

I was looking at Ryan and Kyle's setup's from the Reedy Race and I was wondering which hole they are mounting the arms onto the bulkheads. The drawings show a (A, B,) hole and I am not seeing the corresponding marking on the setup sheet, am i just missing it or maybe it just got overlooked.

Also do you have Rick's setup from invite, I did not see it posted as of today.

Congrats on your finish also, its great to see everyone excited about the car and doing so well with it. Mine will be comming soon.

Thanks,
Steve Curry
Thanks for pointing that out Steve. It was an oversight. All the setups listed on our site are in the "A" arm mount hole. I will have our webmaster make the adjustment to the setups.

Also, I just got the setups from Juho and Rick and will be posting them early this week as well. As you can see, we were all very close to the same setup, just some personal changes to fit different driving styles.

Thanks for the congrats...it's great to be out here helping the public. I do quite a bit of it in electric offroad, but it's been a while since we've had a strong touring car presence, so the newfound attention is nice. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Brent,

That's kinda what I figured, just wanted to make sure though. Are you personally gonna keep racing TC for awhile or is this just between big off-road events for you? The Nat's are up here in Seattle this year.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

guys i ran my car last weekend and it was amazing :-)

I start with the Setup out of the Box with Rubber Tires on Asphalt and i was wondering how much grip the Car have. After some changes the car was very easy to handle and i cant wait for the Spool, i was run the Diff Diff combi. I think with spool it is much better :-)

I driving with a Nosram 3,5 Turn BL and 5 Cells and after 10 runs i can´t find anything on the Car and nothing was damaged.

So guys...next weekend is a National Cup here and i will do my best, also i hope that the Spool comes and i can drive it there.

I will build my car with one of the Setups, like Juho or Brent dirving to see how tha car is handeling then.

Bye for now,
Marcel
Old 06-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

EA

Eric would it be safe to say that the #2 arm mount in the lower hole would be like runnning the middle mount ( or 0 ) on your former brand ? And the #1 would be ultra low and #3 being high pin heights?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Eric would it be safe to say that the #2 arm mount in the lower hole would be like runnning the middle mount ( or 0 ) on your former brand ? And the #1 would be ultra low and #3 being high pin heights?

Correct to all. Check out the updated version of the manual available for download on the AE website.

- Leonard.

Explains all (arm mounts, toe shims, diff heights, diff settings)
Old 06-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Number 2 in the lower hole is like running number 3 in the other. About 8mm hinge pin height which is exactly where you want it for most surfaces. Ultra low on the the Corally is 8mm.

EA
Old 06-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

I finished building my TC5 last night. It was a beautiful thing, the way this car went together. I did have a slight problem with the top deck holes for the attenna mount, but I reamed them out with the dremel and was OK after that.

AE, thanks for putting together such a great car. I can't wait to get it on the track this coming weekend. I'll soon be ordering another kit for my son.

One question - If I wanted to switch to 64 pitch gears, anyone have a suggested starting pinion and spur for a small, tight carpet track?

At least one used FTC4 going up on eBay by the end of the week.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry...

I got the 64 pitch answer back on page 86 of this thread.

T
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Number 2 in the lower hole is like running number 3 in the other. About 8mm hinge pin height which is exactly where you want it for most surfaces. Ultra low on the the Corally is 8mm.

EA

wow... so the tc5 is going to be super adjustable for pin heights ... thats pretty awesome.... ill have my car out this weekend.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

wow... so the tc5 is going to be super adjustable for pin heights ... thats pretty awesome.... ill have my car out this weekend.
I just read what I posted. What I should have said is #2 on the TC5 is almost the same height as #3 on the Xray and is the same as Ultra low on the RDX. Right around 8mm.

EA
Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the clearification.... to many questions while i am waiting for my kit. LOL

Either way still a ton of options for pin height

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.