Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1219Likes

Exotek F1ultra

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tysken
I like the Serpent F110 high downforce rear wing. It is light, very durable and offers high downforce. It is similar to the wing included in the Xray and Exotek kit. I have had mine on my car for the last five years with only some scratches on the top. The wing is available in black or white.

Check Serpents homepage for more info. Black version SER411292, White version SER411312.
Personally I mainly use the old TRG wings, they're by far the lightest I have found, good downforce and possible to cut them down a bit to reduce the downforce if necessary, I usually have one cut and one uncut. At RC mart the numbers are TRG5017 and TRG5027 black and white respectively.
robk, Rick Vessell and madjack like this.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:33 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'll order a TRG one. I've recently picked up two different Serpent ones and the Tamiya 2017 set (51604). So many...
Old 12-13-2021, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was finally able to get back to the track this past weekend and make get some shakedown runs on the car. I think 95% of my steering problem was the front wing dragging. The dragging problem was 2 fold, first the car had a stupid amount of rake in it and I didn't realize it, second the protoform wing on the front was bent down. I got the chassis level at 4.2mm, but the rear of the pod I could only get to 5mm. That was using the #1 pill with the 1 down, if I put the #2 pill in, the pod was at 3.8mm(this is on sweep tires). I put turnbuckles on the front wing to try and pull it up, but I think it's too far gone. It helped for a little while(enough for me to notice the difference),but it was dragging again after a few laps. I put the kit wing back on and it drove much better and was not dragging. I'm still looking for a touch more steering though, would the rear of the pod being at 5mm be causing me to lose some steering? Or should I be looking elsewhere?
Old 12-14-2021, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
I was finally able to get back to the track this past weekend and make get some shakedown runs on the car. I think 95% of my steering problem was the front wing dragging. The dragging problem was 2 fold, first the car had a stupid amount of rake in it and I didn't realize it, second the protoform wing on the front was bent down. I got the chassis level at 4.2mm, but the rear of the pod I could only get to 5mm. That was using the #1 pill with the 1 down, if I put the #2 pill in, the pod was at 3.8mm(this is on sweep tires). I put turnbuckles on the front wing to try and pull it up, but I think it's too far gone. It helped for a little while(enough for me to notice the difference),but it was dragging again after a few laps. I put the kit wing back on and it drove much better and was not dragging. I'm still looking for a touch more steering though, would the rear of the pod being at 5mm be causing me to lose some steering? Or should I be looking elsewhere?
Higher rear pod typically will get a little more mid corner steering. But I like to tune the front end more if I want more steering while maxing out the rear traction as much as possible.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

My newest outdoor set up attached. I tested a lot last weekend and knocked off .4s of my best lap from the previous week. Your set up results may vary based on your track
Attached Files
madjack, Leester, dawgmeat and 2 others like this.

Last edited by MikeR; 12-14-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR
Higher rear pod typically will get a little more mid corner steering. But I like to tune the front end more if I want more steering while maxing out the rear traction as much as possible.
Thanks for the reply, I'll try going a step softer on the front springs and see if that gets me where I want to be. The rear definitely has plenty of traction, I can push the brakes as hard as I want at any time and the rear will not step out.
MikeR likes this.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all
has anyone got an editable setup sheet with the new front end settings on it please that they don’t mind sharing?
thanks
Paul
Old 01-26-2022, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

I just have the blank attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F1ULTRA BLANK SET UP.pdf (1.44 MB, 63 views)
mutley001 likes this.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Part Request

Hi Mike,

I have a request from the guys that run at 702 Raceway, which is high grip indoor carpet large track. They are having an issue where there is alot of chassis flex in the front suspension and they need a different designed part for the front end. That would be something like this which has two versions of the part, one that 1mm thick and the other that is 2mm thick. Also at least have the width of the part go about 10mm.

astgerma52sp likes this.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING
Hi Mike,

I have a request from the guys that run at 702 Raceway, which is high grip indoor carpet large track. They are having an issue where there is alot of chassis flex in the front suspension and they need a different designed part for the front end. That would be something like this which has two versions of the part, one that 1mm thick and the other that is 2mm thick. Also at least have the width of the part go about 10mm.

I can make those..
Old 01-28-2022, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Mike,

That's not really fixing the flex in the front end. I found the stiff CF front chassis to help a ton on black carpet!
Leester, JCarr and AsphaltFlyer like this.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Mike,

Hi Phillip,
Yes that would be an easy part for sure and as John mentioned there was a carpet chassis option too;

https://www.exotekracing.com/f1ultra...s-extra-stiff/
Old 01-31-2022, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Made some progress with my car this past Saturday. I thought I had my rear track width at 188, turns out it was at 184. Changed it to 190 and the car was much improved. I also put a new front wing on and gained mid/off steering I was lacking due to the wing dragging. With all that sorted out, I was finally able to make some meaningful suspension changes and actually feel the difference. It's still not perfect, but did get TQ and was the first to get a 9.5 on our our track in F1, my buddy did get a slightly faster 9.5 after me though. I feel it could still use a little more steering, but I think I may just leave it alone for now as our track is gonna change layouts soon. Thanks to everyone here for all their help.
MikeR and RedBMaster like this.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
Made some progress with my car this past Saturday. I thought I had my rear track width at 188, turns out it was at 184. Changed it to 190 and the car was much improved. I also put a new front wing on and gained mid/off steering I was lacking due to the wing dragging. With all that sorted out, I was finally able to make some meaningful suspension changes and actually feel the difference. It's still not perfect, but did get TQ and was the first to get a 9.5 on our our track in F1, my buddy did get a slightly faster 9.5 after me though. I feel it could still use a little more steering, but I think I may just leave it alone for now as our track is gonna change layouts soon. Thanks to everyone here for all their help.
My brotha, you were on fire this week with that car and gave my Roche a good run for the money!! Happy to see we are pushing each other to edge of the envelope and beyond!! Can't wait for the Ian Ruggles Memorial Race in a few weeks, and hopefully we can put ona show again!
JCarr likes this.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default My F1 Ultra has to go..... :(

Unfortunately I have to get rid of my 2 race old car, if you know anyone looking here is a link to my sale.

Exotek F1 Ultra

Thank you,

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.