anyone tried Bitty Design's Hyper?
(borrow pic from what I saw on fb)

Old 01-27-2020, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcguyfpr
anyone tried Bitty Design's Hyper?
(borrow pic from what I saw on fb)

i ran it outdoors and indoor crc carpet and it’s really good !

rcguyfpr likes this.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
New zoo racing baybee

is this body for USGT or TC? Also who painted this body I am digging this alot
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

That's a touring car body. Twitch. Can't u tell It looks like a deformed BMW with a little retardedness mixed in.
racer034life and gigaplex like this.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by redmonster27
That's a touring car body. Twitch. Can't u tell It looks like a deformed BMW with a little retardedness mixed in.
Yep I need one for my TC..are these already out?
Old 01-27-2020, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

st_dragn_wagen and gigaplex like this.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life
is this body for USGT or TC? Also who painted this body I am digging this alot
The fact that you even had to ask illustrates the problem.
tygertyger likes this.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tony gray
that’s why there’s usgt and vta classes for the ones that want a real life looking car , is like nascar none of those cars resembled The actual cars. Maybe is something with the fees they charge so they can look like real cars?
Old 01-28-2020, 01:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
that’s why there’s usgt and vta classes for the ones that want a real life looking car , is like nascar none of those cars resembled The actual cars. Maybe is something with the fees they charge so they can look like real cars?
If it was the licensing fees, then USGT wouldn't look anything like real cars either. The TC bodies aren't even trying anymore, they're not even remotely TC shaped. The Type-S/M410 era at least made an effort.

Last edited by gigaplex; 01-29-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Those classes from my knowledge are pretty much limited to North America though. The closest I know of in the UK to something like USGT is a 5 round series for pre 2005 Tamiya's.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AW106
Those classes from my knowledge are pretty much limited to North America though. The closest I know of in the UK to something like USGT is a 5 round series for pre 2005 Tamiya's.
Oh well i guess lol i rather have a good handling car than one that looks like a real car and handles like crap
malkiy likes this.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nobody thought cars didn't "handle well" when we were driving Mazdas. Like it or not, GBS has saved TC from itself for the past 10 years or so, but it is in need of an update. Those pointy new things sure are faster than the previous generations but so what? Some line has to be drawn somewhere as far as realistic looks go. Kudos to Zoo for exploiting a well-established ruleset and forcing the competition to play catch up, I respect that. But it would be silly to argue that it won't hurt the class, which is one of the most popular classes the sport has ever had, in the long run. And on a closely related topic, I think it is vital and urgent that the powers that be come up with a very strict GBS ruleset for FWD bodies that keeps the class recognizable as being distinct from TC.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tygertyger
Nobody thought cars didn't "handle well" when we were driving Mazdas. Like it or not, GBS has saved TC from itself for the past 10 years or so, but it is in need of an update. Those pointy new things sure are faster than the previous generations but so what? Some line has to be drawn somewhere as far as realistic looks go. Kudos to Zoo for exploiting a well-established ruleset and forcing the competition to play catch up, I respect that. But it would be silly to argue that it won't hurt the class, which is one of the most popular classes the sport has ever had, in the long run. And on a closely related topic, I think it is vital and urgent that the powers that be come up with a very strict GBS ruleset for FWD bodies that keeps the class recognizable as being distinct from TC.
This is pretty much my thoughts too. If we look at full scale motorsport aero rules are never a one time thing and are updated every few years. The GBS I think was a really good idea for the TC class but it is time for a V2 to be drawin up

Oh well i guess lol i rather have a good handling car than one that looks like a real car and handles like crap
Now this is subjective but it kind or depends what you're after from the class. As we see in sports like F1 high aero can make the cars very fast but also sensitive to aero effects. Lower levels of outright downforce make for a different driving experience. I wouldn't calling this "handling like crap though". My car for the Tamiya Iconic cup in the UK used a kilerbody Alfa 155 last year and while it had a lot less downforce than a modern GBS touring car it was a very fun expereicne to drive and visually handled a lot more like a 1:1 touring car in the way you had to sweep the car into the turns.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Me, personally, I like the newer bodies. But, I don't follow any sort of full size racing, so I don't really care about scale looks and all. Maybe the Touring Car class should just be renamed to 4wd concept sedans. Or something more catchy...

Anyway, the new Zoo body up above is on my list now. Any info on the handling characteristics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.